Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Evolutionary psychology books

Chamber36

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was thinking of ordering some books off of amazon, but I can't think of which book on evolutionary psychology I should buy.

The Evolution of Desire: Strategies of Human Mating is the book I am most inclined to get.

Mating Intelligence: Sex, Relationships, and the Mind's Reproductive System by Glenn Geher and Geoffrey Miller looks like it may be more detailed but it's about triple the price.

I was also wondering if Story of O might give me the insight I need into the female psyche, especially after reading Pimp by Iceberg Slim (explaining *****'s/pimp's behavior). I've already seen the movie Story of O.

And also wondering whether The Selfish Gene by Richard Dawkins or The Red Queen should really be obligatory reading for a real Don Juan.

pinhas

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Id recommend The Red Queen and Sperm Wars, the latter being very interesting and mind opening; so much things make sense now.

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
I'm reading Women's Infidelity (Langley) and it's amazing. Cost $100 though. It basically says that women are no more monogamous than men. That after 4 years of marriage they want someone else and shamelessly go about it.

Alex DeLarge

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Be careful when reading books on evolutionary psych. Lots of this stuff is just theoretical and does not apply to all situations. While some of the information might be helpful, it can motivate the reader to perceive a distorted neurotic generalization of all women or all men which could cause a bitter outlook on the subject from the reader. (kind of like the generalizations a lot of posters on this board convey/perceive after reading into some of the wicked things that some women do.)

When it comes down to fact, we are all alive on this planet, therefore our genetics have some sense of fitness in evolution. Or rather, we're all "sexy" in one way or another.

SoldMySoul

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bigneil said:
I'm reading Women's Infidelity (Langley) and it's amazing. Cost $100 though. It basically says that women are no more monogamous than men. That after 4 years of marriage they want someone else and shamelessly go about it.

And once you figure this out... YOU ARE RUINED!!! Somberness indeed Bigneil on the truth. The ones that you think would never do are the ones that will crush you into tiny little pieces.

MrJibbles

Don Juan
Reaction score
r0cky said:
If you're interested in evolutionary psychology just watch this 12 min video by DeGrasse Tyson and you wont need to waste money on books. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDRXn96HrtY
Interesting and fascinatingly disturbing, indeed. It would seem that millions of years of evolution have selected for traits in which that 1% difference in genes made us much more intelligent than chimps, a bottleneck effect of sorts.

Though disturbing, this gives me hope. All our problems with girls, bills, relationships, etc shrink into nothingness when we realize just how insignificant we are, cosmologically-speaking.

Like Courage Wolf said "You are the product of 4 billion years of evolutionary success. ACT LIKE IT." lol

Chamber36

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well that video only made me more intrigued. I don't know about evolutionary psychology anymore but I might just get a book on NLP instead.

Zarky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alex DeLarge said:
Be careful when reading books on evolutionary psych. Lots of this stuff is just theoretical and does not apply to all situations. While some of the information might be helpful, it can motivate the reader to perceive a distorted neurotic generalization of all women or all men which could cause a bitter outlook on the subject from the reader. (kind of like the generalizations a lot of posters on this board convey/perceive after reading into some of the wicked things that some women do.)
I'm a huge fan of evo psych but totally agree with this. Never underestimate man's ability to be socialized and go against his evolutionary desires. Every time I consciously prevent myself from choking the sh*t out of some as*hole I'm using my neocortex to override the more ancient parts of my brain.