Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Evil Chick Trick

Awkward

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
A girl used this evil trick on me to show if I was a player or not. And I got heavily burned.

The first part of it is that she introduced herself and then she waited fot me say my name. Then after a minute of conversation, she asked me what her name was. I was clueless. Totally clueless. She just walked on. And I sat there like a pathetic loser.

So every guys out there, watch out for this, it is a killer. A girlfriend of mine said that she had read about it in a girls magazine. Expect that some women use this.

------------------
--- Awkward

Speed Seduction Bible

Elimidate

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
She's right....to anyone, their name is the most important word in any language.

"How to Win friends and influence people
ale Carnegie"

Next time remember to use it throughout the conversation
Elimidate

TesuqueRed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Repeat their name after they give it to you (you're probably shaking hands at this point, right?) You can even make a comment "nice name" or "what is "CC" stand for?"

It'll make it easier to remember and if she sees you're making that effort, she'll probably not test you on it 3 minutes later.

BrWnSugaMan

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ya, I got burned by the exact same chick trick one time a couple years ago. I met a whole bunch of cute chicks in a group (damn, I couldn't remember all of their names) so like 5 minutes later I asked this one chick I found attractive to dance, and she is like "What is my name?" I stood there looking like an idiot while she walked away.

I suck with names

Mikeman!

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The reason many people forget other's names after being introduced is because during the introduction they are busy thinking about other things rather than trying to remember their name.

You could be busy checking her out, busy thinking of what you're going to talk about etc... You need to put your COMPLETE attention on getting her name at this point and you need to repeat the name to her during the introduction.

When you are repeating the name, what you should really be doing is forming a mental image in your head which will help you remember her name, the crazier the better. If her name is Suzie, think of "Suing" a "Z". If her name is Kathy, think of a "cat" ripping up the word "the". Another thing you can do is if you already know a Kathy or Suzie, you can associate her with them.

After you've got her name, get in the habit of using it during the conversation, it will help you keep it in memory as well as build rapport.

Sir_Chancealot

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Or, you can do what I do. Tell them right up front that you aren't very good with names.

With clients, I tell them right up front that I really cannot remember names, but remember conversations. Then, the next time I meet them, I make sure and ask about something they said during the conversation.

The only time I remember a name is when I am in the "zone", and repeat it several times in our first conversation.

EVEN BETTER....

Turn it around and say, "I'll tell you YOUR name as soon as you tell me MINE." Chances are, she won't remember your name.

[This message has been edited by Sir_Chancealot (edited 12-03-2002).]

Elimidate

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
""Turn it around and say, "I'll tell you YOUR name as soon as you tell me MINE." Chances are, she won't remember your name.""

HA! Great idea!

IntermediateDonJuaner

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You guys need to read this book "Secret power of persuasion" by Roger Dawson.!

It teaches you the easiest ways to remember names and you won't forget them anymore.

By the way, it looks like girls have been using that cheap trick on guys which they got from their so-called girl's magazine. How lame!

BrWnSugaMan

Don Juan
Reaction score
IntermediateDonJuaner said
"By the way, it looks like girls have been using that cheap trick on guys which they got from their so-called girl's magazine. How lame!"

LoL - Don't be a hypocrite. The tricks you learn here and apply to women is the EXACT same thing as the tricks she learns and uses from her womens magazines.

jay2

Don Juan
Reaction score
After you get their name, compliment it or whatever else you do, try asking her "what's a good adjective that describes you which starts with the same letter as your name?" Give her an example for yourself ex: "I'm jelly-loving Jay" (something you want her to know about you immediately off.)

You can make this as fun as you want it and easily elicit something from her and guage if she has a sense of humor.

Hope this helps you to remember their names.

[This message has been edited by jay2 (edited 12-05-2002).]

Ivan Drago

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Awkward:

Then after a minute of conversation, she asked me what her name was. I was clueless. Totally clueless. She just walked on. And I sat there like a pathetic loser.
This girl is just looking for an excuse to get rid of you. Do you think if she met Brad Pitt and he couldn't remember her name, she would just walk away? I doubt it.

This girl did you a favor by walking away. She wasn't intersted in you and saved you time, money and energy. Let her walk.

You are not a "guinea pig" to be tested on. You are a man, the prize to be won. Don't bend over for someone who substitutes brains for magazine articles.

Who is she to run tests on YOU?