Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Every Seen This Powerlifter Or Strongman?

LoneSilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This dude is one build mother (link below) Anyone know much about him. I saw him in the strong man competition on TV and the last time I saw him he lost to one of our americans but this dude is build thick or like a bodybuilder unlike other powerlifter I have seen.

I'd love to get this big but believe I am a bit to old now.

LoneSilver

http://www.pudzian.pl/

cuzza

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Marius Pudzianovski. Probly spelt that wrong, but it's how it's pronounced. He's a strongman, not a powerlifter, and an absolute beast. I think before the last one he'd won it the last few times, and was the favourite for this years. Classed as unbeatable really.

LoneSilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
His training is similar to powerlifters but he is thick all over one bad dude and scary.

LoneSilver

Fred Da Head

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
He looks like Dave Tate after John Berardi had his way with him.

Once you get that much muscle on you, it's not that hard to dial your diet properly and get lean and still be HUGE. Most powerlifters eat like crap; they eat as many calories as they can to support their weight/add muscle and carry on with their extreme training year-round, which is why they tend to be fat and not have much definition in their muscle.

Not to take away from the guy mentionned in the OP's post--he's had to work a lot to get to where he is, and he's impressive. Just saying it's not impossible to get there if you have the dedication. (Which I don't)

DR Chillz

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have seen him before hes Polish. The Polish seem to be very built and strong great athletes in sprinting and strength sports. BTW do they test these guys for steroids?

Fred Da Head

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't think they do, but even if they did, I don't think many of them take steroids on a permanent basis.

If all you had to do was work out and eat, you'd get huge, too. It's just dedication and hard work; they're in the gym every day for hours, and/or they train for specific events. Also, the average age tends to be around 30. That means they've been working out for 10-15 years or even more, which is plenty of time to put on the weight they have.

Drum&Bass

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't think they do, but even if they did, I don't think many of them take steroids on a permanent basis.
the guy is ROIDED out of his mind, he like anyone else in endorsed strength events (who juice) will stop taking steroids when they can't make money of their muscles anymore.

Fred Da Head

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The 45 minutes (or 60, or 75, depends on the source) is a rule of thumb for "regular people." It's also usually correct. However, your body doesn't go catabolic if you train for 45:01. It's just that generally beyond that timeframe your body starts producing cortisol, which is a catabolic hormone. How much is released and how it affects you is dependent on a lot of factors.

I used to train for 90+ minutes of weightlifting, plus football practice, plus running, and still gain, and I'm pretty sure those guys can, too. It's a combination of body adaptation, nutrition, the kind of work they do, etc. Usually overtraining isn't brought on by just training a lot; it's training heavily while not supplying your body with what it needs.

I probably didn't say it the right way the first time around, though. They don't "live in the gym" or work out all day, but they do have a heavy training volume. That's why when you see the program a professional uses in a magazine, it's generally a bad idea to try and follow it. You're not used to the training, and especially to their training volume, so following their program isn't appropriate.

Throttle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Deus ex Pianoforte said:
I'm always hearing about how you shouldn't spend more than 45 minutes in the gym lest your body goes into a catabolic state, and how if you overtrain your muscles you'll actually LOSE muscle mass and you won't see any gains at all. So what's the deal?
you shouldn't spend more than an hour or so without getting some sort of nutrition. some big guys take nearly that long to warm up for squats or deads, so obviously they're hitting the protein & carbs midworkout at least once.

also, there's a huge difference between warming up for an hour with several minutes in between sets and trying to fit 3 worksets (w/ few if any warmups) on 6+ different exercises into an hour.

any rule that starts a stopwatch when you pick up your first weight and says after 45 minutes "Time's up! Go home!" is too rigid.....

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My workouts take about 2hrs and often longer. I'm lucky if I finish my main movement within an hour - and I feed my body as I train otherwise I wouldn't make it through to the end, lol.

shaunuk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I guess when your weights get past a certain heaviness (even relative heaviness), workouts can begin to take a long times. I would guess half of the workout is warmups. I'm curious, what is it that makes the training take so long? Big numbers of ramping warmup sets, stretching, etc?

-shaun

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, basically warmups take about 40-45 mins. Then usually 2-3 working sets with stretching and 5-10 minutes rest in between each. Then 10 minutes to recover from that, have my halfway-through-workout drink and then get on with the rest of it. Plus unloading the bar after I've done takes a while.

LoneSilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have always wondered if they test for steroids on these strongmen for they are some strong men or monsters for sure but this polish one he seems to stand out among the others I have seen when he was competing he is riped and seems to lift heavy weights like feathers or makes it look easy unbelieveable.

LoneSilver

simon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
He was disqualified one year for steroid use.

Strong ass mother****er though. Deserves all the success he has.

cuzza

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
They're all juiced up.

I heard one year he got disqualified, but a load of other strongmen said Marius was 'the soul' (something along those lines) of strongman and without him it was worthless, and that they should disqualify them all because they're all on the same stuff. In the end they let him off.