Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Ever met someone who was a compulsive liar?

Kirro

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I've recently met such a person. This dude has lied about his place of birth, his parents, his age and several other things.

He usually seems to lie in an effort to impress people. He's constantly bragging about many exploits but when matching the anecdotes up to themselves they aren't even internally consistent. He'll lie about the following.

His prowess as a fighter - He'll commonly overstate how great of a fighter he is. In a typical display of fake bravado. He'll talk about numerous altercations he's been involved in. How he intimidates people and how he laid a beat down on someone. He'll talk about his accolades in boxing, wrestling and MMA. Stating that he holds records for high school state wrestling(a quick google search debunked that fabrication).

His prowess with women - According to this guy he's had 100s of women and tons of sex to the point that he is now bored. Yet is overjoyed when he apparently gets laid by a random girl. Bragging endlessly while reciting the tale of his latest conquest.

His weightlifting stats - He prides himself on his large triceps and pecs(while having underdeveloped muscles nearly everywhere else). If he's unable to lift a certain amount of weight at the present moment, he'll say he could do it in the past. That or he'll say he's low on energy, not eating properly or cutting to explain his inability to lift a certain weight.

The tricky thing is, since the subjects he speaks on are out of my reach. The only way I know he's frauding is because his stories have conflicting elements and details. So calling him out on it is nigh impossible as he'll just stick to his guns and pull explanations and facts out of his ass. It is basically my word vs his.

How would SS deal with a person like this?

sageproduct

Banned
Reaction score
LOL there was a guy in my social group like this. Man, I don't know what was up with this guy. There was nothing at all malevolent about this guy, in fact he seemed like a person with generally good intentions. But the sh1t this guy would say...

He'd repeatedly boast about how he's "fifth in the world at madden"

He was living at my friends' place for a couple weeks and when he was there, he'd come home from work every day and tell EVERYONE about how he broke 3 company records that day

When I knew 100% that he was full of sh1t was when he got up in my face one night trying to get me to drink w/him and he goes "C'mon sageproduct. I saw you PUKE IN THE BUSHES that one night." He was dead serious. 1)I've never puked from drinking in my entire life and 2)I stopped drinking 2 years ago

So now he mainly works as a coach for the sport I play. He tells all of us about how he started for his college team and sh1t, we looked up his school's archives and couldn't find his name anywhere. TElls us he had originally planned to do "Neurosurgery. Specialize in analgesics." The guy never even took the MCAT yet he said that like it would have been a given. That's not confidence mind you, that's just stupidity - anyone who has ever seriously considered a career in medicine can easily relate

Sir Psycho Sexy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I've met people similar but not as bad as what you describe. I just get rid of them.
Why is he in your life? Coworker? Friend of a friend?

Are his lies affecting your life negatively or is it just annoying to see someone lie about so much? I would be wary before calling out a chronic liar. Who knows what other anti-social behaviors he has.

Kirro

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
@Sageproduct - Wow that is some absurd delusion, a lot like the guy I have to put up with. How do you think people get this way? I mean seriously.

@Sir Psycho - Right now he's in my life because we assist each other in the gym. At the moment he's the only guy who can help me. I've actually seen decent results from training together. I'm trying to put things together to eventually slowly split away from him.

His lies don't directly affect me but he is just irritating. I honestly don't see why he has to lie so much. And try to come off as some kind of mega badass, alpha. We workout, hangout and play video games. I'd find him cool enough. I've considered calling him out on his lies but I know it would be a futile affair. I was just curious if any SS members encountered people like this and how you guys dealt with it.

Kirro

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
bradd80 said:
kirro, why don't you mention that you did a search of his records and came up empty?

I say you call him on his BS. Try to narrow down a few of his lies to things that can be disproven with evidence. Then show him this evidence. Continue to corner him until he has no choice but to admit he was lying.
Interesting. The thing is, I've known this guy for over half a year. The sheer amount of lies he's told within that time period is nigh infinite. I did find the evidence for some big ones recently.

He mentioned that an ex of his committed suicide recently(obviously over him). I obviously didn't believe him, and when I was using his cpu to find music. There she was having a convo with him about how much they love each other with him saying they should, "forget all the bad stuff".

That same day he was telling me how he recently came into a big inheritance since his family in another country died on a plane crash. I seriously don't understand why any normal young person would straight up invent these events. Life couldn't be so damn boring that you have to make up crap to entertain yourself.

So Brad, you can understand why I don't want to endure the stress of having one big confrontation about his many fabrications. It would require so much effort. In a nutshell it is like him claiming there's an invisible, intangible Tyrannosaurus Rex in his garage and me trying to disprove this claim. I know the idea is ludicrous but you can't exactly disprove something like that can you?

For example, he said he was a high school record holder. Tell him you have done a search, and he came up nowhere. If you uncover enough of his lies, he will be less inclined to lie in the future.
Nip this in the bud, or it will just continue, and possibly even get worse.

^As you can see man, it already has.

Kirro

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
@Brad - Oh man, your friend is pretty bad lol. Ironically, this guy told me about some threesome he had 2 weeks ago with a straight face as well. He also told me he banged some hot English chick the same day. I've never heard about the English girl again yet he's constantly talking to Ms. Suicide every night and she's chubby. *shrug*

In your situation, you have other people who are sort of, "in on it". You all know he's full of kaka so you can get a good laugh on occasion. For me it's just me and a bunch of people who I know via him. So I have no idea how other people actually feel about him. I get the sense that others just play along with his tall tales to appease him and keep the peace but I have no way of knowing. And I'd rather not inquire about their real opinion and cause some unneeded uproar.

Right now, I've tried option 1 but it seems that everytime I get used to this BS, he ups the ante and trolls me harder. So I'll lean more towards option 3 and then finally option 2.

Tell me Brad? How do you think people become like this? Instead of just making crap up, why not improve your life where you can actually make some of this stuff a reality?

I mean when it comes to girls, this guy will use stuff he did/does with his ex-girlfriend and apply it to totally different girls. So if he had anal with his ex, he'll use that and say it happened with this other girl to make himself look better. Or if he managed to do something abusive to his ex, he'll lie saying he can or has done it to several girls before. It gets tedious.

Does this come from some deep-seated insecurity?

Gaucho

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Are you sure his not in this forum going under the names "goundra" and "twentee".

Lol, apparently the baddest man on the planet!

Kirro

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
^Lol. It would seem these kinds of people permeate every area of society. Online or otherwise.

switch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Kirro said:
^Lol. It would seem these kinds of people permeate every area of society. Online or otherwise.
you know even if he is a liar , who are we to judge this man?
god himself doesn't judge men until their final moments, so we aren't in a position to pass judgement on a guy like this. he is most probably suffering from an inferiority complex, guys like this are usually lonely , not in a social sense but an emotional one. they have many friends but they can't feel comfortable or close to them .This usually happens when a kid doesn't get any praise for his real achievements during his childhood.blame his parents and school for that.

try to understand this guy and he might actually be a good guy.
remember the "lie" itself isn't important, what matters is the "reason" somebody lies to you....
woah i actually wrote something mature for once......:D