Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

ever go through your girlfriends cellphone?

Sean O

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Mr_knowit_all said:
I may have been a little rude with my comment, and it's true I don't the the whole conversation, but be careful to not take the blame away from where it belongs.

In your situation, I understand what you did, but when we as men go trying to justify, or rationalize a women's shytty behavior, it does us no good.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Don't enter her reality. You might think you're being a nice guy, but in the end it'll wreck your relationship.
I never said that she had an excuse for what she did. I just stated her reason for doing it. I apologize if I came across as trying to justify her actions.

As far as entering her reality goes, her new reality is that she knows she can't afford to lose her cool and make another mistake with me. As I said before, I made that very clear to her.

Exp said:
So she had your best interest at heart when she was bouncing up and down some guy's dyck??? are you fvcking kidding me? You didn't want to talk about your emotions like one of her girlfriends and because of that she runs off and gets penetrated by someone else's penis?
Sean...open your eyes man. Think of how much respect she lost for you when you forgave her. Once a cheater always a cheater.
Nasman said:
This is the biggest AFC post I have ever seen. U forgave your girl for cheating on you. You moron She will never respect u, and she will do it again.

That is a big mistake buddy, your playing with fire. don't be surprised if your heart gets broken.

She is not worth it dude. I am talking to you like a brother.
I think the best way to respond to both of you is to go into more detail on what was said when I confronted her.

I called her up, told her that I wanted to talk about our fight. When we met up, the first thing I said to her was, "You cheated on me, and now you're going to tell me why." The blood drained from her face and she stared at me dumbfoundedly. I then prompted her again, telling her that it was useless to try to convince me that I had heard wrong. She seemed to resign to this, and then she explained what I said before, that she felt hurt and rejected because she thought I was pushing her away and that I didn't want her in my life. I asked her how the hell she got that idea, because all I was doing was saying that I could handle my issues on my own. She said that because I didn't even tell her what the issue was, she interpreted it as me pushing her away. I then said, "Well, you were wrong about that. But even still, did you really think that cheating on me would help anything?" She didn't have a response to this. I said, "I assume you know what this means", and then I walked away.

A couple of minutes later, she called me on my cell phone and pleaded with me to meet up again so that we could keep talking about it. I didn't particularly want to, but my past experience has taught me that being too quick to condemn people isn't always the best option, so I decided to meet up with her again. That way, I could see if it was worth it to give her a second chance, or if my decision would be reconfirmed. Upon meeting up with her agin, she apologized, told me that she had lost her head in her anger and hurt, and then did something terrible. I told her that it's very easy to say that after the fact. She said that the reason she flew off the handle was because she felt extremely hurt, but the reason she felt so hurt was because she loved me so much. Then she said that she knew that any apology wouldn't be good enough, but she had to say something because she didn't want to lose me. I was still skeptical. She pleaded with me, "Please forgive me. Please take me back."

I thought about it for a bit, and eventually decided that it wouldn't be the end of the world if I gave her a second chance, as long as I let her know that I now had a zero-tolerance policy on disrespect. I then told her that if we could resolve our argument from before, I'd give her a second chance. We talked about it, and in the end she agreed to respect my decisions to keep my issues to myself, and to recognize that it doesn't mean anything else if I do that. Then, I told her, "I'll give you a second chance. But there will be no third. If you disrespect me again I will end our relationship." And then we both went home.

I imagine that many people will still think it was very AFC of me to give her a second chance, even after reading the details I just posted. If that's the case, then so be it; there's probably nothing I can do to change your minds. I honestly don't think what I did was so "incorrect". I clearly expressed to her that what she did was wrong, that I was giving her another chance on my own terms, and that I am, more than ever, willing to drop her if she disrespects me again. She knows this very clearly, and since then she's actually become a better girlfriend than she was before, which is pretty much what I set out to accomplish by taking her back. So far, I do not regret my decision.

sav

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Sean O said:
I never said that she had an excuse for what she did. I just stated her reason for doing it. I apologize if I came across as trying to justify her actions.

As far as entering her reality goes, her new reality is that she knows she can't afford to lose her cool and make another mistake with me. As I said before, I made that very clear to her.

I think the best way to respond to both of you is to go into more detail on what was said when I confronted her.

I called her up, told her that I wanted to talk about our fight. When we met up, the first thing I said to her was, "You cheated on me, and now you're going to tell me why." The blood drained from her face and she stared at me dumbfoundedly. I then prompted her again, telling her that it was useless to try to convince me that I had heard wrong. She seemed to resign to this, and then she explained what I said before, that she felt hurt and rejected because she thought I was pushing her away and that I didn't want her in my life. I asked her how the hell she got that idea, because all I was doing was saying that I could handle my issues on my own. She said that because I didn't even tell her what the issue was, she interpreted it as me pushing her away. I then said, "Well, you were wrong about that. But even still, did you really think that cheating on me would help anything?" She didn't have a response to this. I said, "I assume you know what this means", and then I walked away.

A couple of minutes later, she called me on my cell phone and pleaded with me to meet up again so that we could keep talking about it. I didn't particularly want to, but my past experience has taught me that being too quick to condemn people isn't always the best option, so I decided to meet up with her again. That way, I could see if it was worth it to give her a second chance, or if my decision would be reconfirmed. Upon meeting up with her agin, she apologized, told me that she had lost her head in her anger and hurt, and then did something terrible. I told her that it's very easy to say that after the fact. She said that the reason she flew off the handle was because she felt extremely hurt, but the reason she felt so hurt was because she loved me so much. Then she said that she knew that any apology wouldn't be good enough, but she had to say something because she didn't want to lose me. I was still skeptical. She pleaded with me, "Please forgive me. Please take me back."

I thought about it for a bit, and eventually decided that it wouldn't be the end of the world if I gave her a second chance, as long as I let her know that I now had a zero-tolerance policy on disrespect. I then told her that if we could resolve our argument from before, I'd give her a second chance. We talked about it, and in the end she agreed to respect my decisions to keep my issues to myself, and to recognize that it doesn't mean anything else if I do that. Then, I told her, "I'll give you a second chance. But there will be no third. If you disrespect me again I will end our relationship." And then we both went home.

I imagine that many people will still think it was very AFC of me to give her a second chance, even after reading the details I just posted. If that's the case, then so be it; there's probably nothing I can do to change your minds. I honestly don't think what I did was so "incorrect". I clearly expressed to her that what she did was wrong, that I was giving her another chance on my own terms, and that I am, more than ever, willing to drop her if she disrespects me again. She knows this very clearly, and since then she's actually become a better girlfriend than she was before, which is pretty much what I set out to accomplish by taking her back. So far, I do not regret my decision.

each situation is different and "nexting" a girl for a mistake (even thoough it was a BIG mistake) isnt always the best solution. but man, if a girl ever cheats on me, the door is always open... and they are dead to me... no matter the reason... if she ended the relationshipo on the grounds of her precieved notion that you were pushing her away, and then went and ****ed some dude, and realized she wanted you back, that would have been completely different...

bro, girls spin more plates then the biggest don juan out there.. or on this forum for that matter.. which brings me back to checking out the phone.. at least initially.. you could have avoided her cheating on you all together had you done that...

just my input...

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
sav said:
would you rather build a relationship with a person that you feel you are losing and not know about whether you are really losing them?

would you rather not know the full picture? knowledge is power...
The only way someone could build a relationship with someone without knowing they're loosing them is if they are completely naive about how to sustain a relationship or they are just ignoring it in the hope that it will fix itself.

You tell me, is going to a piece of electronics as a gauge of a relationship the best was you determine if there are any issues? Doing that in itself screams that the relationship is lacking healthy communication. If that's gone, you might as well bury the relationship now before it goes completely into rigor and really start smelling up the place.

MetalFortress

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
sav said:
no normal guy does this? heh, i beg to differ, take your girls phone and PRETEND to go through it, see her reaction... you'll be surprised...
What's your point? I'd be furious if my chick tried to do that to me, and I have nothing to hide. So her reacting badly doesn't prove anything.

sav

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Francisco d'Anconia said:
The only way someone could build a relationship with someone without knowing they're loosing them is if they are completely naive about how to sustain a relationship or they are just ignoring it in the hope that it will fix itself.

You tell me, is going to a piece of electronics as a gauge of a relationship the best was you determine if there are any issues? Doing that in itself screams that the relationship is lacking healthy communication. If that's gone, you might as well bury the relationship now before it goes completely into rigor and really start smelling up the place.
better safe then sorry, a relationship is what you make of it... going through a peice of electronics isnt going to ruin a healthy relationship as you put it...

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
sav said:
better safe then sorry, a relationship is what you make of it... going through a peice of electronics isnt going to ruin a healthy relationship as you put it...
If it's healthy:
  1. Why snoop through her things?
  2. Why not tell her that you snoop through her things?

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MetalFortress said:
What's your point? I'd be furious if my chick tried to do that to me, and I have nothing to hide. So her reacting badly doesn't prove anything.
That brings up something else, isn't this what we expect insecure women to do?

sav

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If it's healthy:
  1. Why snoop through her things?
  2. Why not tell her that you snoop through her things?
*sigh* no point in arguing...

lets hear your story francisco.. dont tell me you've NEVER invaded a womens privacy... :)

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
sav said:
*sigh* no point in arguing...

lets hear your story francisco.. dont tell me you've NEVER invaded a womens privacy... :)
Not trying to argue, just trying to get an understanding of the purpose of doing things which seems like childish games. It's not necessary if you date women with integrity, simple as that, no worries.

LongDrinkofWater

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Huh. I wonder what would happen if you loaded your cell phone up with a bunch of phony text messages, then leave the phone out for her to find as was mentioned in an earlier post. Come back later and check her attitude. Sneaky? Sure, but it sure would be an unsuspecting way to convey a message......
Just a thought....

JustDoItAlways

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do you have a right to know if you are being cheated on?

- Of course you do.

Should you snoop if you suspect something?

- Yes, if that is your only way of finding out for sure.

Is it unethical to snoop?

- You have every right to know for sure if you are being cheated on or not.
- This isn't an "ethics" class.

Would a real man snoop?

- Real men do what they have to do to win in life and be sure they are being treated right.
- Real men stop the relationship if they are being tooled.

Is having "no insecurities" more important than actually "knowing" if you are being tooled or not?

- Lots of people who have been cheated on had no idea it was happening and were totally confident in their false inner-self "secureness", as if that was "so important".

What are the consequences of getting caught.

- Don't get caught checking up on her in case she actually is the loyal type.

- If she isn't the loyal type, move on and feel lucky you found out and stopped getting tooled so badly.

Chosen1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ha that is funny. Girls snoop why not men then guys lie badly about it. Girls on the other hand make guys feel bad about them finding out about it. I noticed this on jerry springer and cheaters. And you know what it works the guys are morons. I would let a girl know right away if you see other people I'm seeing other people and If I happen to find a girl more attractive I'll still have you in mind

sav

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i like francisco, he gives good advice and i have followed his posts...

i think he's off in this case...

everybody has the right not to get played... and dont kid yourself, things can be going 100% right and your way and then bam ur girl is off with somebody else.... certainly there are indicators of this and then you might say then she's not worth it anyway... but why waste time? find out now!

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here's something to consider guys. Ask yourself if you have the ability to tell if a woman is trustworthy or not by interacting with her. A may be off base but I'm guessing that you are getting involved with any woman who gives you the time of day, you don't qualify them what so ever.

Face it, your own actions scream that you don't even know the women you're dating. The lack of ability to tell a good girl from a bad one is will always be your downfall no matter how well you close women. You will probably not date anyone for more than a few weeks at a time because you keep choosing women who aren't compatible with you or maybe out of your league. This is probably why you need the constant reassurance that she's not seeing other guys, which brings up why aren't you guys doing things that keeps their interest levels high, but that's another thread altogether.

It just doesn't sound like any guy who feels he must do something like this to understand the status of the relationship is quite ready to be in that particular relationship. So here's a question to anyone who is willing to answer: Given how you guys sustain a relationship, what are you actually learning from this forum?

sav

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Here's something to consider guys. Ask yourself if you have the ability to tell if a woman is trustworthy or not by interacting with her. A may be off base but I'm guessing that you are getting involved with any woman who gives you the time of day, you don't qualify them what so ever.

Face it, your own actions scream that you don't even know the women you're dating. The lack of ability to tell a good girl from a bad one is will always be your downfall no matter how well you close women. You will probably not date anyone for more than a few weeks at a time because you keep choosing women who aren't compatible with you or maybe out of your league. This is probably why you need the constant reassurance that she's not seeing other guys, which brings up why aren't you guys doing things that keeps their interest levels high, but that's another thread altogether.

It just doesn't sound like any guy who feels he must do something like this to understand the status of the relationship is quite ready to be in that particular relationship. So here's a question to anyone who is willing to answer: Given how you guys sustain a relationship, what are you actually learning from this forum?

i've learned a lot from this forum, i first came to it in 2002 i believe, back then i was the typical nice guy afc... since then things have picked up and although i dont think i can take away anything more then i have from the bible already, its still entertaining to get others opinions on issues such as this one. perhaps my views will change... perhaps they wont.. they are definately not set in stone...

now, to answer your question, i've had only one serious relationship .. lasted a year and a half.. was really good in the beginning, then after a year it began falling appart, i had returned to my afc ways... (this was my most recent relationship...) before that there is nothing worth of mention... so yes.. i've had "success" with women, im still learning..

hey im only 20 and i still have a lot to learn, and improve on myself... :) but never agian will i trust women the way i used to... life teaches hard lessons.. this is one of them...

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
sav said:
...hey im only 20 and i still have a lot to learn, and improve on myself... :) but never agian will i trust women the way i used to... life teaches hard lessons.. this is one of them...
So what are a guy's options if he won't trust women? Becoming a monk or choosing an alternative lifestyle?

It's good that you realize that you still have a lot to learn, but it's a shame if you let your fears limit what you are capable of achieving. It's the thing that hold a lot of people back on this forum.