Ever get bummed out about your age?

jophil28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sun Tzu said:
Joekerr, despite my catching you in what I perceived as a contradiction a few weeks ago, you are rapidly rising as one of the most sensible people on this forum. Your input is always meaningful and helpful in a practical sense. Keep up the great work.
Now here is a guy who stands as an inspiration to all of us young 'uns - SUN TZU ,the guy who wrote "The Art of War" in freakin' Chinese for pete's sake.
Geez, man you must be 1500 years old and you are still around - must be those Chinese herbs .

joekerr31

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
jophil28 said:
Now here is a guy who stands as an inspiration to all of us young 'uns - SUN TZU ,the guy who wrote "The Art of War" in freakin' Chinese for pete's sake.
Geez, man you must be 1500 years old and you are still around - must be those Chinese herbs .
im telling ya, if the world simply got into a guy called alan watts, we'd be living in utopia. he was a christian theologan (priest i think) who left the church and went on to study asian theology.

he married the two ways of looking at life (or rather articulated the truths that lay at the core of the two).

its really annoying how things in life seem to gravitate towards extremes - democracy / despotism, capitalism / communism, republican / democrate, dog eat dog / symbiosis, etc.

the answers lay in the middle way, and yet the human race continually finds itself occupying various positions at the extremes.

this is basically why the world is so f*cked up.

jophil28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
joekerr31 said:
(or rather articulated the truths that lay at the core of the two).
Im waiting for the Relativists to jump on you for this one - apparently there are no "truths" only interpretations..Some of the Eastern philosphies are as confused as our western relativism..

Reaction score
joekerr31 said:
its really annoying how things in life seem to gravitate towards extremes - democracy / despotism, capitalism / communism, republican / democrate, dog eat dog / symbiosis, etc.

the answers lay in the middle way, and yet the human race continually finds itself occupying various positions at the extremes.

this is basically why the world is so f*cked up.
The dialectic is artificial and contrived - for example - Democrats vs. Republicans, communism vs Capitalism - the devils who program the false world of the matrix created and control both sides to manipulate to their desired outcomes!! No matter who you vote for - they are controlled by the same people and doing their work!! They are doing this in plain sight and you don't even see it! The Matrix is mind control - where the lie is presented as truth and the truth is presented as the lie!!

romangod

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
joekerr31 said:
:eek:

thanks ST. im sure i am contradictory at times. i by no means think i bat 100% all the time. but more often than not when i get up to bat I manage to get at least a base hit :)

And very often you hit a home run. Your previous post is right on the money. Cheers!

Ever onward

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
iqqi said:
I hate when people think I am 19 or 20 and I have to tell them I am closer to 30!!!!

It can be annoying! I thought it was supposed to be GREAT to look young!?

My mother got hit on by 20-somethings well into her 40's, we got them good genes. :)

But I think she also used to lie about her age.

She also ended up with a man like 9 years younger than her.

I hate that look of pure shock on someone's face when I tell them I am nearly 30!!!

OK, sometimes I like it, its funny. But I had a bad experience recently!
You're not even 30??

From your posts I assumed you were over 40! You sound so bitter and burned out!

Ever onward

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Volpez said:
I am 26 and broke up with my girl a few months ago, still not over it yet, but one thing that bugged me is I was with her almost 3 years, thats a lot of time getting to know someone, now I have to start all over and try to find a girl with no kids and I would like to start a family before I am 30. Just seems like a lot of work and no much time =(
I was bummed out by my age when I hit my mid twenties. I felt younger women were beyond reach. Six years later I've dated more hot young women then I thought possible and I feel great. I am so much more mature and more of a man than I was 10 years ago.

I think it's natural for guys to hit that mid twenties slump. Once high school and college is finished, life at first seems like it's going down hill. But once you get over that and see that is completely NOT true, you'll feel better.

Also I think joekerr said earlier that being bummed out about your age is just a sign that you're bummed out in general. Like he said, if it weren't about your age, it would be about something else.