Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Ever beat a speeding ticket?

Yapper

Don Juan
Reaction score
Got any tips? Do I plead not guilty?

What kind of evidence does the officer have to show? What's the minimum time his radar has to track me maintaining excess?

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
are you guilty or not guilty, were you speeding?
no one can advise you to lie and purger yourself in court.
pay the ticket and stop being a speed demon.

noirsake

Don Juan
Reaction score
youre not going to win. go to court. pay the ticket. dont get caught next time.
you want to know the real speed limit? the speed limit is whatever you want it to be as long as the poh leece arent around

wolf116

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Speeding is the most addictive thing in my life. I will try with all my might to do the speed limit, but it does not work.
I'm totally addicted to adrenalin.
I need help.
But it's oh so good.

If you're not going to lose your license don't worry about it.

armadon

Don Juan
Reaction score
if the cop doesnt show up then it gets thrown out and you win. if he shows up pay the ticket.

wolf116

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
armadon said:
if the cop doesnt show up then it gets thrown out and you win. if he shows up pay the ticket.
Certain things can be done to insure the cop doesn't turn up :whistle:

Obsidian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What state are you from, what was the speed limit, and how fast did the officer say you were going?

Obsidian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
if you answer those questions of mine, I'll see if I can figure out a valid defense for you. I hate the f*cking traffic cops. The whole system is mostly a scam.

Mctwist4

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've heard a lot of cops don't show up, especially state cops. I was with my buddy when he got one on the PA turn pike for going 85 in a 65 mile zone. He went to the court date, the cop didn't show up, and the charges were dropped. It's worth it to at least try and fight it. Either they will cut you some slack or you'll have to pay the full ticket and lose some points. No harm in trying though.

Latinoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have beaten it a few times in the past. I dress one of my best suits...I have very good driving record. I treat the judge with a lot of respect. And I admit that I was wrong and explain why I made the mistake that particular day. In one ocasion I talked very well about the cop.

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
pay the ticket. sheesh.
No, no, no.

The idea is to avoid the points that will drive your insurance up.

Mctwist4 and Latinoman have the right idea.

In my city the officers rarely show up for routine tickets (speeding, rolling stop, etc.) because they have bigger fish to fry.

When they did show up I've played it as Latinoman suggested, and either got a dismissal, paying "court costs," or a reduction to a zero point violation. Saved the insurance increase, kept my record clean and the city still got their $$, which is what they really care about.

Again, the idea is to avoid or minimize the points. Those are the gift that keeps on taking.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
if you only get one speeding ticket ever, your insurance won't go up.

Stuntmann

Banned
Reaction score
No. Do not pay the ticket. It's points.

Find a lawyer, pay him, let him handle the case. You will have to show to court (or maybe not, depending what lawyer tells you)...

In the end, you will either

A) Pay a smaller fee, but no points. (VERY IMPORTANT)

or

B) Officer does not show up and you win the case. (VERY LIKELY)

Do not pay the fee, do not go to traffic school. There is a limited number of traffic schools you can take in your life time in that state. There is a specific number of points, which you exceed, you loose driving previledge. Yes, points do not go away, they are yours to keep for life in that state.

azanon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Stuntmann said:
No. Do not pay the ticket. It's points.

Find a lawyer, pay him, let him handle the case. You will have to show to court (or maybe not, depending what lawyer tells you)...

In the end, you will either

A) Pay a smaller fee, but no points. (VERY IMPORTANT)

or

B) Officer does not show up and you win the case. (VERY LIKELY)

Do not pay the fee, do not go to traffic school. There is a limited number of traffic schools you can take in your life time in that state. There is a specific number of points, which you exceed, you loose driving previledge. Yes, points do not go away, they are yours to keep for life in that state.
For the record, this is horrible advice. For one, the lawyer will end up costing more than just paying the fee.

Second, there's only one kind of person that legitimately needs to worry about accumulating so many points that you lose your license; someone who has no business being on the road and putting others' lives in danger anyway.

Most states wipe away "points" in as little as 3 years. A responsible driver who obeys speeding limits has nothing to worry about.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
azanon said:
For the record, this is horrible advice. For one, the lawyer will end up costing more than just paying the fee.

Second, there's only one kind of person that legitimately needs to worry about accumulating so many points that you lose your license; someone who has no business being on the road and putting others' lives in danger anyway.

Most states wipe away "points" in as little as 3 years. A responsible driver who obeys speeding limits has nothing to worry about.
exactly!
one speeding ticket in a lifetime won't make your insurance go up, or make enough points whereas a license will be taken away.

Stuntmann

Banned
Reaction score
azanon said:

A false statement, and a true statement.

Points do not get wiped away. It's not true. It only appears that way if you had 1 point 3 years ago, and a new violation requires that you had 0 points within last 2 years. Then they appear wiped away.

Points do not get wiped away. They accumulate throughout your life time. Eventually, if you get enough points, you will loose your driving privilege in that state.

True. Paying for lawyer is costly. But IMO it's well worth the money. Because you won't get any points.

Further more. Points make your insurance go up. Thus you not saving by paying less and getting points. Let's say your ticket is $300. You pay lawyer $250. Then if you make deal with ADA you pay $150 and no points. But you also get a chance, and a very good one at that, that officer does not show up, then you win. No further fees. Thus maximum you can pay is a little more than what it cost you to pay the fine and get points, or you pay much less if officer does not show up. Even in worst case scenario you easily save money by paying less on insurance.

Obsidian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Azanon:
Arbitrarily low, illegitimate speed limits have nothing to do with responsible driving. Most speed limits are posted illegally, and you can use that fact to your advantage in court if you argue it right.