Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Even DJs need down time.

Grey Fox

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
We've all heard that its important to "be out there" and "get in the game," but everyonce and awhile it is absolutely nessesary for a DJ to take some down time, decompress...whatever. I'm talking about when a DJ knows he is successful, and has been for some time, at some point a DJ just needs to take a break. It gives the DJ time to chill out, be himself, and evaluate some lessons learned. Otherwise constantly going on and on will wear out ones game and one's stamina, trust me, this is like an excersize program. Go to hard and you will burn out, here are some examples of the types of breaks DJs need to take from time to time.

1: A break from the forum.

At some point your going to have to assess all the information you absorb here. Not only that too much theory and too little practice will get you no where. During this break DJs usually go for lack of a better term "Ronin," in which they go out into the field on their own without seeking aid or advice. They only rely on themselves and the lessons they have learned. After a break it could be a couple of weeks to a couple of months.(In rare cases even a year or so.) After having learned from the experience of being a "Ronin DJ" they return to the fold so to speak and dispence the knowledge and lessons they have gathered from the field. This knowledge shows up here in the forums so the new guys can learn from it. Unfortunately I don't think enough DJs go "Ronin," this is evident by the fact that there is a lot of woman bashing which nowadays passes for a the marks of a budding DJ.

2: A break from being single.

This is when a DJ chooses to enter into an LTR, unlike constantly dating, at a certain point couples become comfortable in relationship and you are no longer required to impress as much as you had too, though you still have to be impressive to keep a relationship going. Being in relationships gives DJs the ability to learn the red flags that signal what women are not worthy of being in a relationship or even being dated. Also it allows the DJ to relax himself, so that when it is time to be single again he can be driven by the fact that he desires to get back into the dating game by the fact he needs to once again sharpen himself and his skills. Oh and of course during this time a DJ learns what it takes to have a sucessful LTR.

3: Taking a break all together.

This is for when a DJ begins to no longer feel what he does as fun, but more like a job. That's when its time to walk away and get back to having a good time for the sake of a good time. This allows the DJ to focus on himself and learn how he has improved himself and what he must do to improve himself.

At some point we will all need to take a break in one way or another, I see it as a nessesary part of developing into that ulitmate DJ everyone keeps talking about.

-Grey Fox

Superman X

Banned
Reaction score
Excellent post Grey Fox. I completely agree with the down time from the forum and the down time from being single.

Could you elaborate a little more on "taking a break all together" though? Do you mean stop dating, or just only do the dates that you want to do?

oreo_renegade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Combining Your selfs...

progression, regression, progression, regression, and the libido flows on, and on, and on, and on....

;)

die4me

Don Juan
Reaction score
Love this post, two thumbs up. Superman X, when he says take a break all together, I think he's talking to the DJ's who have been doing their thing for a while. Sometimes they might get tired all-together, of the dating, the women, all over and over again. Who knows? I've never gotten tired of women but maybe too much gets to you. So I think he means with that, is to just lay low and keep to yourself, even to just go out and have fun, without any intent on getting women.

Grey Fox

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You hit the nail on the head Die4me, I couldn't have said that better myself.

-Grey Fox

The Real Deal

Don Juan
Reaction score
Good post Grey, except #2. You're saying to get into a LTR just for the sake of taking a break from being single? Then when he learns what he can from that, to go back and start DJ'n again?

I think to be into a LTR it should be because you want to, and you found someone you could do that with. Then and only then, if it dosn't work out, you can get back into it. Not because you now need to take a break from the LTR and want to start DJ'n again.