Evaluate this broken date excuse

djthiago1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I had a date set for today, the girl broke an hour before (horrible sign), and gave me this excuse:

'sorry for not telling you this earlier, but didn't know how it was gonna go, but im taking a plane to state 'X' to cancel my tuition at the college i used to study there (this part is true, i know she studied there) and the only day they could fill me in is tomorrow, i'll be back at the end of the week, so we'll have to reschedule ... I really miss your kiss and it's your fault for playing hard to get last time, so now its my turn (she said it jokingly, i sensed the smile through the voice).

I repplied back telling her not to think of it as playing hard to get, but as making an investment so that when she makes a withdraw, she'll receive a really BIG one with accumulated interest.

She repplied back saying 'this investment better be worth it cause i'm putting a lot of hope in this interest.'

We rescheduled for next monday, but the paranoia is getting to me, what are your thoughts on her excuse?

Last edited:
Reaction score
The excuse is irrelevant, it's her next move you care about. If she contacts you and reschedules great, if not delete and move on.

djthiago1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would had first asked her how she'd make it up to you for cancelling your date at the last minute.
I could have done that, but i didnt wanna drag on with texting, plus if shes rly taking a plane last minute, she probably got way too many worries in her mind to flirt, what if took her a day or two to reply back, so i just cut it short, went for the rescheduled and got out. I'll leave the flirting and teasing for the face to face meet.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
So she's dropping out of the school and not going. You don't need to fly a plane out there for that. LMAO. Something better came along for her. If you're going to use an excuse you would use a lot better one than that at least. Especially was it an OLD date? If so probably another guy came along. No big deal then. It hurts when this happens though. Women are so flakey these days.

You even see it in retail as a business owner. Takes them 15 minutes to decide on a simple phone case.

djthiago1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So she's dropping out of the school and not going. You don't need to fly a plane out there for that. LMAO. Something better came along for her. If you're going to use an excuse you would use a lot better one than that at least. Especially was it an OLD date? If so probably another guy came along. No big deal then. It hurts when this happens though. Women are so flakey these days.

You even see it in retail as a business owner. Takes them 15 minutes to decide on a simple phone case.
Actually, here in Brazil you would. I don't know, her story was waaay too detailed and i never had a girl who's not into me say they 'miss my kiss', if she lied, she's one devious little bish.
Another small detail, they usually brake it via text, cause it's easier, this one went though the trouble of sending me an audio telling me this big story, meaning she wouldve had to memorize this huge lie to tell me without stammering.

Last edited:

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just wait till monday and see what happens, you cant take correct decisions while lacking information.

djthiago1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My friend if you trust even the words "I love you" without the context of action behind it your not seeing the forest. Only the trees.
She may well be telling you the truth. I don't trust it and for the sake of your frame. I would have been polite but short. Indifferent.
I had a buddy say to me about a plate yesterday. "Shes in a relationship with me" im not with her" his frame right now is perfect. Just an example. She loves the chaos.
Makes sense, and i dont trust words dont get me wrong, usually i just leave them on read when they break dates, i went out with over 50 girls just this year, i've heard it all too, but my gut is rarely wrong and by the tonality of the voice, the speed, the way she said it all, my gut tells me its probably legit, so thats why i was a bit more lenient.

backseatjuan

Banned
Reaction score
We've already rescheduled for next monday.
It's a sht test. You fail it by messaging or calling her in between. Call or message her monday. If it's a no, and it might be another excuse, let's say you call her, be polite and then ghost her, if it's a text, no need to reply, just ghost.

Approach #2. This is a safer one, don't contact her until wednesday. Then roll with the flo, but if no date, ghost her. Text messages at this point might be the safest option for you. You can reply, or not reply, when talking you have to think on your feet right then and there.

Based on that you were talking about her interest level and sht, I think there is a real possibility she sees player in you and is playing back.

Meanwhile, and always, even when in relationship, practice male hypergamy, look for better and more interesting chicks. This way is easier to have her chasing you. At this point, she is not chasing you.

djthiago1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's a sht test. You fail it by messaging or calling her in between. Call or message her monday. If it's a no, and it might be another excuse, let's say you call her, be polite and then ghost her, if it's a text, no need to reply, just ghost.

Approach #2. This is a safer one, don't contact her until wednesday. Then roll with the flo, but if no date, ghost her. Text messages at this point might be the safest option for you. You can reply, or not reply, when talking you have to think on your feet right then and there.

Based on that you were talking about her interest level and sht, I think there is a real possibility she sees player in you and is playing back.

Meanwhile, and always, even when in relationship, practice male hypergamy, look for better and more interesting chicks. This way is easier to have her chasing you. At this point, she is not chasing you.
We never text each other, shes one of those rare girls that dont use their phone a lot, so we literaly never text, so that part will be easy. If she really misses my kiss that much, she'll show up for the next date.

Glassguy

Reaction score
Flake on her Monday. See how she reacts.

When she says "Where are you? I am here waiting..." simply say "ooops. I meant to text you earlier. Something came up an hour or so ago. Sorry".

She will either then begin eating out of your hand or she will dismiss herself. Start giving it back to these chicks and watch them crumble (and chase you).

Glassguy

Reaction score
Exactly what my gut tells me. Girls that arent into me usually just text me a line or two, they dont send me a 40 second audio explaining everything.
are you smashing this chick?