Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Europeans and Australians are Right..

dirtyvibe

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Rugby is pretty much the manliest sport ever.

I'm 18 (high schoo), live in the USA, and I somehow irresponsibly missed the tryouts for the sport I was going to play, and the only sport that was still taking people was Rugby. So, I joined Rugby just to play a sport.

Oh my god, yesterday was my first game (we've done 2 practices). I played left wing for the entire game, and it's just so fun.

People are tackling each other full speed and the only protection you have is a mouthguard. I'm still kinda limping and the game was yesterday.

One guy on my team broke his nose and kept playing. A fight broke out in the middle of the game. Why isn't this sport more popular in the US..

Chillisauce

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hehe, i played rugby through school.. good fun. Didnt get any serious injuries myself but broke a guys leg once. Manliest sport though? na.. Boxing is as manly as it gets.

Brian20o2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Theres a local high school in my area tahts hella good. They might go to nationals (USA) But Im to much of a fatass to play right now... Maybe next year when Im closer to the body I want.

seanchai

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe because we prefer our manly action in short, steroidal bursts. Like in American football!

elmo

Don Juan
Reaction score
uh.....rugby isn't popular in 95% of europe.

spider_007

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
american football is the most boring game i ever saw. run a few yards and stop, take 10 minute break (few comercials) and then run another few yards..... I tried, i really tried watching the whole game..... I COULDN'T DO IT.

S1NN3R

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
dirtyvibe said:
Why isn't this sport more popular in the US..
dirtyvibe said:
Rugby is pretty much the manliest sport ever.
I love it when people answer their own questions without knowing it. :D j/k

Nannying legislation would probably put a stop to rugby in the US if it became widespread. One kid gets an owwie, and his mom will sue for millions.

Nighthawk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rugby is stupidly dangerous. They made us play it at school (in the UK where I'm from) and I broke my clavical/collar bone.

It's great if you like rolling around in the mud with other men. I do not.

There's only one sport I enjoy watching, women's tennis. Which reminds me that I've never ****ed a chick wearing one of those sexy tennis outfits, I'll have to put that on my 'to do' list right away.

I seem to have veered off-topic. In conclusion, rugby is gay.

tipsy_619

Don Juan
Reaction score
Try tackle football with no gear
Basically the same thing but more physical
As in theres an o-line & d-line

Rugby is basically smeer tha queer
Rugby has rules about tackling so:

Tackle Football > rugby

Brian20o2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
tipsy_619 said:
This is so fun to do in the summer! Just like 20 friends, make quick teams and no gear. First to 6 or 7 wins and then pick new teams. Awesome stuff!

Cruise

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Rugby isn't as popular in the U.S., it's more renown in the U.K., Ireland, Scotland, New Zealand, Australia, and the South Pacific. Compared to these countries, the U.S. usually falls at the bottom of the pecking order.

It isn't because we have lower quality atheletes... it's because we don't have highly specialized atheletes in that sport. For example, in New Zealand, kids start playing organized rugby at the same age when American kids start playing organized baseball... Little League.

Exo

Don Juan
Reaction score
Rugby's my second favorite sport(second if you count rallying). The reasons it's only populer in those places is probably cuz there are all former british colonies are have a large british influence.

Chillisauce

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
tipsy_619 said:
Basically the same thing but more physical
As in theres an o-line & d-line

Rugby is basically smeer tha queer
Rugby has rules about tackling so:

Tackle Football > rugby
Someones never played rugby before :rolleyes:

spider_007

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nighthawk said:
Rugby is stupidly dangerous. They made us play it at school (in the UK where I'm from) and I broke my clavical/collar bone.

It's great if you like rolling around in the mud with other men. I do not.

There's only one sport I enjoy watching, women's tennis. Which reminds me that I've never ****ed a chick wearing one of those sexy tennis outfits, I'll have to put that on my 'to do' list right away.

I seem to have veered off-topic. In conclusion, rugby is gay.

Am i reading this right??

A guy who likes watching womans tennis calls rugby gay??

ShizamDaMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think boxing is probably a manlier sport than Rugby. When the objective is to beat your other opponent into a coma, carrying a ball down a field suddenly becomes less enthralling.

Rugby is still pretty rough. I feel it's too unrefined compared to American Football. I watched my friend play it and I just saw people tackling each other and kicking others for no apparent reason. Football requires more strategy and coaching.

BTW, have you ever heard of Maria Sharapova spider? I think she could sway your image of women's tennis.

insanity

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
hmmm... yeah rugbys got the eye gouging thing going on. it is pretty rough stuff. but don't count out hockey. there's some really tough hockey players who play with broken and sprained body parts for the love of the game. and it's also one of the few sports that have fist fights.

Chillisauce

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
ShizamDaMan said:
I think boxing is probably a manlier sport than Rugby. When the objective is to beat your other opponent into a coma, carrying a ball down a field suddenly becomes less enthralling.

Rugby is still pretty rough. I feel it's too unrefined compared to American Football. I watched my friend play it and I just saw people tackling each other and kicking others for no apparent reason. Football requires more strategy and coaching.

BTW, have you ever heard of Maria Sharapova spider? I think she could sway your image of women's tennis.
Boxing got my vote because its one man v another, no help from your friends. Hehe, funny enough.. but i see more injuries occur in rugby than boxing, and i sure as hell feel tonnes worse after a game of rugby than i do after a boxing match.

Rugby isn't unrefined, chaotic at times yes.. but i dont believe American Football requires more strategy. If things seem to be happening for no apparent reason, you probably dont know the rules of the game :).

legolas

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Talking about manly sports, yes Boxing is pretty manly, but I think weight lifting is manlier. Have you guys seen those strong-man competitions? Try towing a friggin truck with your body :D