Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Establishing your status as a "Free Entity"

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I posted a thread awhile back about how the attraction dynamic works among a person's different social groups http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?t=134740

The thread kind of got lost and I think there was a really important point in there that needs to be addressed, and that is my theory that it is of utmost importance for a man to establish his status as a "free entity" within all of his social circles.

The premise of this theory is that it is very easy to fall into a situation where one particular woman within a group either 1) finds you attractive and wants to get with you, but you don't feel the same about her, or 2) enjoys the attention you give her and doesn't want to share the spotlight with anyone else.

If you find yourself in either situation it is imperative that you establish that the woman has ZERO "claim" over you. If you don't play it the right way it is easy to fall into the trap where there is an unspoken rule among the other females in the group that you are "off limits".

Basically what it boils down to is establishing that unless she is your girlfriend, a woman has no right to impose a claim. You are free to do as you wish, even if that means hoking up with her friends.

I know this sounds elementary, and in OUR minds it's a given, but in the minds of women it's an entirely different story. If the boundaries aren't established by YOU, the emotional undercurrent among the women will limit your options with other women in the group.

Here is more fuel for my theory-

It happened again the other day. I was sitting at the bar grabbing a burger a few days ago, and a woman walks up behind me and makes a joke. I turn around to see that it is a friend of my AW friend, whom I have met a couple of times before.

We talked and joked around for a few minutes, then she heads outside to the patio. A few minutes later she comes back over to talk and starts giving me the "look", and asks for my number. She then gives me hers, and says "Call me sometime" as she's walking away.

Now I'm not attracted to this particular woman, but that's not the point The point is, this NEVER would have happened a year ago, when I hadn't established myself as a "free entity" in that particular circle. My AW friend had firmly "marked her territory" with me, despite the fact that she doesn't want me and I don't want her for any kind of romantic relationship.

And now that I have established this free entity status, it's GREAT, because I can enjoy the perks of having a woman (now womEn) around who project vibes to other women, without being restricted within HER social group because she has an unspoken "claim" over me.

I know a lot of you aren't keen on playing the angle that I play (hanging out with many women in part to gain opportunities with other women). But I think it's important to understand that unless YOU specifically assert your independence around women, that other women will assume that a given woman has you on lock down, and that's not good.

In my other post I think I mentioned three different social groups. Since I realized what was going on, I think I have managed to establish myself as "free" within all three groups.

So, in any kind of group interaction with women you always have to ask yourself whether or not your options are being limited by an unspoken claim that has been staked by a particular woman. If the answer is "yes" you should do whatever it takes (through actions and words) to establish yourself as a free entity.

joekerr31

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
agreed.

this plays off my theory that we self limit ourselves by allowing others to limit us.

whether in group dynamics or in a relationship its a choice to allow someone else / others to put you in a box and limit your expression of who you are.

and its bullocks. your life is YOUR life - the only obligation you have in this life is to do what you feel is right not what someone else feels is right for you.

i see this as being the trait of a leader. if you can lead yourself, you can lead anyone - and people / women will want to follow.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
An important point to remember-

This has nothing to do with how YOU see the situation, it's all about how you are perceived within the group.

Women will compete with other women, even if they are friends, but if one woman stakes a claim so to speak, there will be a tendency to honor the "girl code" (if there is such a thing) unless you take proactive steps to ensure that EVERYONE in the group understands that you are gonna do whatever you want to do regardless of how one of the chicks feels about you.

Like when the AW's friend stayed the night with me awhile back. the next day AW picks her up, and we were both worried about how she would take it, but you could just see on her face that it had changed the dynamic of our relationship. If her friend spent the night with me, she would either have to put up or shut up. And in her case, there was no putting up, so the whole implication of "me and her" was gone forever, and now the REST of her friends know it too and realize that I am fair game.

My business partner had a similar situation where this girl we know really likes him.

Another girl in the group started expressing interest in him, so I told him that he needed to do something to get rid of that dark cloud above his head so he could would be free to hook up with any of the other chicks. I told him to make it publicly KNOWN when he was meeting up with other chicks so this girl and her friends would be able to get through their heads that he wasn't tied to any one girl.

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
I totally agree. I've seen this dynamic lots of times. I think basically you want to keep all the girls basically competing to be the one to claim you, but without letting any of them accomplish that. I think you need to spread your attention around and keep them guessing.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ketostix said:
I totally agree. I've seen this dynamic lots of times. I think basically you want to keep all the girls basically competing to be the one to claim you, but without letting any of them accomplish that. I think you need to spread your attention around and keep them guessing.
It's not even about one of the women "accomplishing" anything. It's about making it known among the group that no woman has ANY sort of claim over you.

If you're in a relationship, even a casual, non-exclusive one, it WILL be implied among that group that you are not available. What I am talking about is a situation where one of them might LIKE you or might want to monopolize your attention, but there is no relationship.

The problem is that often times even if a woman has no right to claim you, she will still try to piss on your leg to keep you for herself.

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
STR8UP said:
It's not even about one of the women "accomplishing" anything. It's about making it known among the group that no woman has ANY sort of claim over you.

If you're in a relationship, even a casual, non-exclusive one, it WILL be implied among that group that you are not available. What I am talking about is a situation where one of them might LIKE you or might want to monopolize your attention, but there is no relationship.

The problem is that often times even if a woman has no right to claim you, she will still try to piss on your leg to keep you for herself.
That's what I meant by accomplishment. I believe women tend to compartmentalize each guy into a slot. And if a woman can claim you, or just as importantly frame the situation as you're interested in her for any "relationship" then you are off-limits among her group of friends. She has made a female version of a conquest. I think women actively try to slot a guy this way, and if she succeeds I believe she feels it was an accomplishment.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So what is the male equivalent of this?

I suppose there is a similar dynamic. I mean, I was talking to the model chick and I was trying to be careful not to let my employee find out since he is completely smitten by her.

I would like to think that I have enough self awareness to be able to let any of my friends have a crack at a woman if I didn't have a chance with her.

Hell, I don't really have to worry about that cause I haven't met very many women over the past few years that have really impressed me.