Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Energy levels: In and out of the gym

Not Quite There

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Just started my first proper job, which requires a lot of concentration and hard work, problem is I am still in a lazy student mind set and timetable, going to bed late etc.

This job also has about a 1 hr 30 min total commute every day.

not surprisngly, my energy levels have dropped, i feel exhausted, was so tired on monday that my gym session was terrible. :down:

What foods can i eat to boost my energy? bareing in mind i am also trying to bulk up. Since starting i think i have lost a few pounds, because i'm just not getting the protein in the morning.

Inc. ©

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have also felt no energy for about a year now. I still work out, but I am not lifting as much and not too excited about going anymore. I am so lethargic. I don't know how to get my energy back. It starts when you get a lonely, sit-on-your-butt job. What to do?

AgonyUncle

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You need to look at your carb intake bud.

Concentrate on low GI carbs. Try and take in a balance of low GI carbs and protein with every meal. Eg: Brown rice, Oats, Oat Bran, Sweet potato, rye and wholewheat bread.

What this will do is give your body a steady release of sugar into the bloodstream, which keeps your energy levels up throughout the day.

The wrong carbs have the opposite effect. White rice, white bread, baked goods, chocolate and crisps...all spike your energy levels, but the sugar release is much quicker, and falls away quickly too. That really kills energy levels, more then a ketogenic (like atkins) type diet.

Get some oats in, or a decent serving of brown rice an hour in before your gym session. You will feel much better.

Reaction score
Try to eat less processed carbs. If anything eat more meat and veggies (fresh veggies). I used to have the same problem and cutting down the carbs really helped. Try to cut out all the carbs you don't need. Stuff like white bread is okay if you're eating a food that can only be eaten with bread.

ie: sandwiches and most types of mexican food.

But when eating a normal meal, eat less fries, mashed potatoes, pasta, white rice (brown rice has a lower GI), etc. Don't cut out carbs completely though, just eat less . You could also take some herbal supplements to help out. I am currently using siberian ginger and found that I sleep a bit less and have more energy throughout the day.

Do some thorough reasearch before attempting to take any supplements. Certain herbs can become toxic if overused.

affliction

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have this problem a lot, too. I've tried to counter it by tossing in a spoon full of instant coffee into my pre-workout shakes before I head to the gym.

Tastes like crap, but seems to work sometimes.