Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Empower Your Voice

Lancer

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hmm.. two questions.

1) Ever had the problem of friends telling you that your voice sounded too deep and not energetic/fun enough when trying this?

2) Does the 'projection' technique work properly in non-english languages?

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
why wouldnt it, you are still speaking.. works in russian 4 me

ThePeterman

Don Juan
Reaction score
Any more to add to this thread?

Like books, links, tapes to get to improve tonality and get a deeper voice?

Jippii

Don Juan
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend anything to download off kzzaa that will help with this?

I really want to improve my voice as much as possible, but as I'm only 17 and don't have any income, can't order off Amazon. :(

And thanks Fingers for the post!

Last edited:

zfuture

Reaction score
What do you mean by breathing without the chset, i mean when i visualize my bellybutton moving from my spine, i don't get as much air in and i can't do the humming sounds for long. If i breathed in from the bottom of my chest I could do it for longer.

Spike_the_cowboy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bump!

:cool:

jtank

Reaction score
help plz

ok, so i do steps 1 and 2, and i figured out which pitch my voice has to be to get maximum resonance. so how do i put that to use in regular speaking?

am i supposed to try to talk normally using the pitch that gives max resonance? how do i know if im doing it right or not?

LucidDreamer

Don Juan
Reaction score
Fingers - GREAT post. This one and Matt Roger's sexy voice thread have really helped a lot. The tip on dynamic speaking and definitive statements are pretty much the missing link for me...in about 6 months i should have my natural voice trained to perfection.

LucidDreamer

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by zfuture
What do you mean by breathing without the chset
speaking with breath from the "chest" is short-winded. say something with your natural pitch with just a little air in your lungs (i.e. from the chest) and try it again after pulling air deeper so your abdomen expands and you should see a big difference.

Climax

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Interesting and Important... (Bump)

This thread is an important one in my eye's, for everyone.... nice;)

Bump

Ladiesssman

Don Juan
Reaction score
i HAVE Hard time trying to resonate the voice, but I'm still experimenting on it.

Is there any c/d or dvd sold out there on voice projection? I'd sure like to have deep resonating voice.

Some people tell me I'm monotoonous and my voice is boring. But I still get girls, few.

LucidDreamer

Don Juan
Reaction score
i used to have a meek and somewhat higher pitched voice, now it's smooth, deeper & dynamic / totally confident, thanks to this thread and matt roger's sexy voice thread. i took this beautiful girl out tonight, and granted i'm more comfortable around her since we've been hanging for a couple months -- and i realized later tonight that i didn't stutter, not once, just solid ebb & flow all night. once i learned to lower my pitch to its natural level my voice got kinda monotonous but i've added some dynamics to it and i gotta say i'm well on my way to having a sexy voice.

hacx

Don Juan
Reaction score
i got this tips from a website i hope it helps....

Breathing

The magic that I work with voices is built on a fundamental rhythm: the movements of the body as you inhale and exhale. Breathing smoothly and deeply works wonders for the body in general. It gives you more energy. It can center and calm your mind. And it will give your voice power and consistency. Once you learn to breathe as calmly and steadily as a child does, you are on your way to fabulous vocal reaches.

So how's your breathing? Let's find out right now.

Stand comfortably in front of a mirror and take a deep breath, inhaling through your nose. Fill up your lungs as completely as you can, then blow the air slowly out through your mouth. Take a mental snapshot of what you just saw and felt. What parts of your body were involved? What moved? How did it feel? The details are important here, so really focus on what you're doing. Breathe in through your nose, fill up your lungs, breathe out. We're all born knowing how to do this perfectly. But how easily we forget. To the smooth in-and-out movement of natural breathing, we add bells and whistles, superchargers, and huge dollops of effort.

When I stand in front of a group of new students and ask them to take a deep breath, giving them the same instructions I just gave you, amazing things happen. Chests puff up, and all over the room, shoulders pop up like bread from a toaster. Here and there, I'll see an occasional Buddha belly, from a person who's been told in the past that deep breathing involves filling up the lower abdomen. There's a strong sense of people actively pushing their bodies open to make space for more air, as though they're pulling on the sides of an empty balloon and holding them apart to make room for more breath.

The exhale is sometimes very forceful, another powerful push, as though they're trying to give birth to a beautiful sound by putting all their strength behind it. You can sometimes see the tension in their faces as they contract their stomach muscles to propel the air out of their lungs.

Does this picture look or feel familiar? Did you notice the toaster effect with your shoulders when you inhaled? Did you feel yourself actively pushing your ribs apart and trying to make your chest larger? How was the exhale? Did you tighten your stomach to get the last bit of air out and keep the stream strong?

The funny thing is, in breathing, there's no extra credit for putting all your will, effort and muscle into getting it right. In fact, all those elements get in the way. Forcing and pushing your breath is a bit like tap dancing on a five-mile hike. You expend a lot of energy, feel like you're giving it your all--and wind up way too exhausted to finish your speech or song with the same power you had when you started. Breathing this way is exhausting, and it wreaks havoc with your stamina. But solid, effective diaphragmatic breathing is just the opposite. It isn't flashy. When you're doing it, air glides easily in and out. And you can do it forever.

I'd like to show you how to strip off the layers of unconscious habits and misguided techniques that stand between you and perfect diaphragmatic breathing, that sheathed-in-mystery process that so many teachers have made complicated over the years. Breathing, as they say in California, is a Zen thing to experience: We have to allow it to happen instead of forcing it. We're meant to float through this kind of breathing ,instead of turning it into a grueling, athletic butterfly stroke. By paying attention to when it gets difficult, or when it seems to take special effort, you'll be able to relax and let the breathing be steady, smooth, and even, the perfect foundation for beautiful speech and singing.

1 Drink as much water as you can.
There are two holes in the back part of your throat–one where the food and water passes, and the other for air. When you drink, the water goes down the liquid hole. The problem is, the vocal cords live down the air hole. It is actually impossible to drink water directly to the cords. So, you need to have so much water in your system that the bloodstream carries it to there. To do that you should drink about one half of a gallon of pure water every day.

2 Tea with honey and lemon is a bad idea.
Sorry mom, but, if the tea has caffeine in it, that unnecessarily speeds up the production of mucous and gives you too much phlegm. Then, the tea is usually too hot and that makes the vocal cords change in size the temperature of liquid can change the size and shape of tissues it comes in contact with. Haven't you noticed your fingers look like prunes when you take a long hot bath? Then, the lemon is citrus which makes you salivate extra, which also makes too much phlegm. And finally, the honey is so thick it causes moisture problems too.

3 Stop Smoking
When you inhale the cigarette smoke passes directly through the vocal cords and dries up a lot of the natural moisture they need to function.

4 Learn Diaphragmatic Breathing
It is very easy and much healthier for the body. Just put your hand on your stomach where your belly button is. When you inhale, pretend that you have a balloon in there and let it expand. When you exhale, let your stomach fall back to its normal position. It's no more difficult than that.

5 Stop tightening your stomach
Too many people have heard the word support and think that it is simply creating pressure in your stomach that somehow helps push the sound out bigger and better. The truth is, when you lock your stomach muscles, you are actually stopping the air from getting back out of your body and making beautiful noises. The key is to relax your stomach muscles and create no pressure at all.

6 Warm up your voice
Use a few minutes of vocal exercises every day. A runner would never start the race without stretching before. Why not give the voice a bit of stretching.

7 No whispering
When you whisper, you send a tremendous amount of extra air to the cords which makes them dry and irritated. This is actually worse than screaming and shouting.

8 Use melody
When you sing a song the melody is important. Why is it that most people are singing boring songs. They stay on one note, they have no interesting dynamics, and they bore the listener. I say, pretend you are singing while you are speaking. Move it around, shake it up, swoop, dive, soar. Let your voice be as interesting as you are.

9 Drop your jaw
Most people simply do not open their mouths enough to let the sound come out unobstructed. I do not mean that you should smile and go very wide. I want you to simply drop your jaw down a bit and not keep your teeth so close together. This will send more sound into the cheek area where it will bounce around and come out more full and resonant.

10 Voice lessons are not about talent.
Every time we open our mouths to speak or sing we are affecting ourselves and the people hearing us. By opening up your voice to it's greatest possibilities, you will experience positive changes both physically and emotionally. Change the way you sound and enjoy the success it will bring to you.

defiancy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Once again a great post made by Fingers

Ladiesssman

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a question:

To empower your voice, how long do you practice each time? How often per day? Per week? For what period of time?

Can you over train yourself???

I tried it, but there is no consistency. Someone or Senor finger please give me some guidance.

Tempest

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I've spent a lot of time researching stuff about voice and speaking, because I used to be super insecure in this area. My voice alone has actually just changed on my attitude and experience.

A book for you guys to run out and buy tomorrow is Smart Speaking, by Laurie Schloff. It's filled with solutions for EVERY situation or insecurity you could have. It has "60-second strategies for more than 100 speaking problems and fears". It contains exercises and tips. Check it out.

Also, ditch ***** and download Bearshare. This program is the BEST I've come across for downloading audio programs, software, ANYTHING. Trust me.

Download:

The Sound of your Voice by Carol Flemming.
Communicate What You Think by Earl Nightingale
Effective Speaking by Barrie Konicov
How to Start a Conversation by Don Gabor
The Skill of Conversation (not sure by who)

You can find all these audio programs on BearShare.

Ladiesssman

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks Tempest. You must have had horrible voice.

My voice is more like monitone. Though few women find me attractive, there are numerous that tells me I speak with a boring sleepy voice. But it's not all about women. It's about being able to communicate to people with confidence and power.

Tempest

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ladiesssman
Thanks Tempest. You must have had horrible voice.

My voice is more like monitone. Though few women find me attractive, there are numerous that tells me I speak with a boring sleepy voice. But it's not all about women. It's about being able to communicate to people with confidence and power.
Lol, thanks. I used to be very insecure about my voice... it wasn't bad or anything, it was just very deep and I felt uncomfortable with it. When I listen to myself on tape or whatever, it's not that bad at all. I think it was all in my head. I used to be very shy and not talk to anyone because of it.

Anyways, I had a few issues. I had problems mispronouncing words, had a bit of a lispe, mumbled a lot, talked softly and too low volume. All of that has simply improved as my confidence has improved and just by interacting with more and more people. That book I mentioned provides a lot of great tips. I used to have a sore throat from talking too much or too loud, and it provides a solution. I also had a problem being short of breath and stuff. It really can help ANYONE develop a better speaking voice, even if you have a GREAT one already.

Glad I could help.