Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

embarrassed to introduce gf?

TheTraveller

Don Juan
Reaction score
I haven't found any posts on this topic - being embarrassed to introduce your gf to your friends or acquaintances.

Has anybody ever encountered this? For me, it's due to her plain looking face, and knowing I can find a better looking girl but feeling bad about ending our 2 year (1 of it being long distance) relationship just because of her face.

Has anyone experienced this? How did you overcome this? You could say it's a sense of insecurity. Who knows?

Thanks,
- T

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why would you be embarrassed? Do you forget her name when you introduce her or is she just too funny looking to introduce to anyone?

TheTraveller

Don Juan
Reaction score
Francisco d'Anconia said:
Why would you be embarrassed? Do you forget her name when you introduce her or is she just too funny looking to introduce to anyone?
Ha. No, I don't forget her name. She can definitely make herself look nice (ie. not funny looking) but if she's just out and dressed normally, then she is not the nicest looking.

I just can't believe I haven't overcome this in the 2 years so far, but I haven't. The long distance isn't helping this, either, but her personality and how she treats me warrants tolerating this. But I wonder how tolerable it can be? I could ask her to always get dressed up nice but that ain't going to happen on demand.

- T

speakeasy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
TheTraveller said:
I haven't found any posts on this topic - being embarrassed to introduce your gf to your friends or acquaintances.

Has anybody ever encountered this? For me, it's due to her plain looking face, and knowing I can find a better looking girl but feeling bad about ending our 2 year (1 of it being long distance) relationship just because of her face.

Has anyone experienced this? How did you overcome this? You could say it's a sense of insecurity. Who knows?

Thanks,
- T

Show her this post and let her decide.:crackup:

Janez

Don Juan
Reaction score
yes, been there.... and it is ****. Had LTR with her 2.5yrs and she ended it half year ago (I treated her bad in relationship) and im still miserable as **** now .. grrrr

The Sperminator

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude if you really like her then you wouldn't be embrassed to show her off to your friends and if they are your real friends they won't talk **** about her because of the way she looks.

saber

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Its long distance...start cheating on her...then both of you can move on whith your lives. Or just rub soap in your eyes when you hang out.

diizy

Don Juan
Reaction score
well, I've got the same problem. I gotta get rid of this girl, definitely not my type and I'm an idiot for making the mistake of asking her out.

If you're embarassed to introduce GF, get another.

Reaction score
i had exactly the same problem, i was embarrased as phuck to let anybody know that she was my gf (this was 3 years ago when i didnt have confidence). then the ***** dumped my afc ass.
just imagine how the fvck i felt when an ugly ass hoe (she was a 3) dumped my ass.

after that i started improving myself in all aspects of my life, my confidence is growing everyday.

now i have an hb8 she has a big ass and big tits, trust me bro it feels good when you introduce your hot gf to your friends, they be dying of jealousy and chit. and sometimes i feel like she is no good enough, i want a dime.

i say dump her ass. she might be cheating on you right now bro, i know how you feel, and you are NOT happy with her ugly ass, you need to charge her to the game and upgrade your level of mackin.
when you are out with your gf you send a negative message to your subconcience, saying that you dont deserve someone better.

you dont like her, you only like -the feeling- of being with someone.

if you think you'll feel a lot of pain, then continue going out with her while you meet new HOT ass girls, then dump her ass.

Hitman10000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Now before people start screaming "You guys are shallow!" Well not true. If the guy was a loser and she wasn't much of a looking either it'd be equal attractive levels. However typically if the guy is better looking than the girl he'll think twice before introducing her to his friends/family. I did this once, the girl kept wondering why she was never properly introduced to my mother, and now that I think of it..she wasn't attractive and her personality totally did not click well with me and felt that she would be a bad match for my family/friends. She of course introduced me to her friends/family ...within a week of dating her, I was very uncomfortable with that - it felt like she was parading me around like some trophy.

It was a red flag but I overlooked it, I wish I hadn't considering you will waste money, time, and energy on something that will not truly benefit you. But it will benefit the less attractive girl of course.

It's been said that you should surround yourself with people of equal levels of attractiveness as it seems to work better considering when people's natural instinct is to judge a man by the girlfriend he has (You'll also notice that you yourself or other people will look at the girlfriend of a guy.) Only date girls of similar or slightly above attractive ratings.

Tyron

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been in a situation like this once. I ended it after the second date! Imagine what it will be in 5 years, or ten.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i could care less about introducing to my friends.. id on't give a fvck what they think.. she's usually hotter than anything they could pull anyway, but my family is somewhat of a different story.. not because I'm nervous but because say.. I'm dating a girl that happens to be white, and my family isn't racist by any means.. hell my mom's mixed... but still.. it can be uncomfortable for the female. that and my dad will try to hit on her (seriously). My mom has a shart tounge and sometimes, even playing she can say some not so nice things.. after 24 years I know how to deal with her.. but the girl doesn't. I usually have to prepare my mom days in advance.. "mom.. be nice. please, or I won't let you see your grandkids when I have them"

SL1000R

Reaction score
Its a bad sign if your embarrased to be seen with your girlfriend... You should be attracted to your girlfriend and be proud to have her with you.

Someone Much cooler

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
your about as deep as a tablespoon. You show your weakness through this insecurity, trying to impress your "friends" bah!...your trying to get them to like and accept you because of the type of girl you date? (think preppy chicks in high school wit the football player)

TheTraveller

Don Juan
Reaction score
Someone Much cooler said:
your about as deep as a tablespoon. You show your weakness through this insecurity, trying to impress your "friends" bah!...your trying to get them to like and accept you because of the type of girl you date? (think preppy chicks in high school wit the football player)
I get exactly what you're saying. This has just started to happen recently, in conjunction with my realization that I don't want to settle down. At all, yet. Thus, in a weird state since with the gf currently. We'll see how this plays out.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
TheTraveller said:
...I just can't believe I haven't overcome this in the 2 years so far, but I haven't. The long distance isn't helping this, either, but her personality and how she treats me warrants tolerating this. But I wonder how tolerable it can be? I could ask her to always get dressed up nice but that ain't going to happen on demand...
So what exactly is the problem, why are you embarrassed?

TheTraveller

Don Juan
Reaction score
Francisco d'Anconia said:
So what exactly is the problem, why are you embarrassed?
I believe the reason I'm embarrassed is because I'm upset at myself for settling for her, and just for settling down in general. She's my first girlfriend and thus first LTR. With my recent self-improvement, I know I can get what I want now, which is freedom from a straining LDR (distance sucks).

How to fix this? Well I can continue with the self-improvement, but that may not change the fact that I'd like to get experience with other girls and be free without having to call every day, all that nonsense.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
TheTraveller said:
I believe the reason I'm embarrassed is because I'm upset at myself for settling for her, and just for settling down in general. She's my first girlfriend and thus first LTR. With my recent self-improvement, I know I can get what I want now, which is freedom from a straining LDR (distance sucks).

How to fix this? Well I can continue with the self-improvement, but that may not change the fact that I'd like to get experience with other girls and be free without having to call every day, all that nonsense.
So why not break up? Does it make sense to put forth the additional energy to sustain a LDR, especially with a woman you feel that you've settled for?

Do you want to test out your self improvement? Follow your gut, break up with her and then go after what you really want. How is settling for what you don't want helping you anyway?