Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Elbow click

switch7

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Every time I do military press or almost any tricep exercise I get this click on my funny bone which is driving me insane. It goes through me. Also if I go heavy it starts to really hurt, so basically I can't go that heavy.

If I put my finger on my funny bone and bend my arm I can feel a tendon or something hopping to and throw over the bone. This never used to happen about a year ago but noticed it coming on and now it's become a problem.

Anyone know if there is a way to stop this?

sazc

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
perhaps google will reveal appropriate stretches you can do to stop this.

switch7

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
perhaps google will reveal appropriate stretches you can do to stop this.
Hey yea I googled it, it's my ulnar nerve.. you are right there are some stretches I can do but it's a long road to recovery ...

sazc

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
it's a long road to recovery ...
@switch7 it always is......

I've come to the conclusion that most recurring aches and pains can be alleviated with appropriate stretching. trouble is that most people dont know that and either suffer or turn to pain medication.

Good luck with your situation

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Happens the same to me when I do close grip bench while it stop on french press and shoulder press, did you find out whats the problem?

resilient

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good thread.

I'm dealing with the same problem as well.

I took two weeks off from the gym recently when I felt an uncomfortable sensation in my elbow from using a newly introduced bench press machine at the gym. A coworker of mine thought of the injury likely as what he's heard a "stinger".

I lowered the weight to ease back into the press, yet I'll def. think about stretching more.

switch7

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Happens the same to me when I do close grip bench while it stop on french press and shoulder press, did you find out whats the problem?
Yep it's the ulnar nerve that has become dislodged from the its groove. This can be due to going to heavy during exercise and sleeping with your arms in odd positions amongst other things. Basically the area where your ulnar nerve is meant to track has formed tissue which means the nerve keeps jumping out of place.

I tend to sleep with my arms over my head so I think that may be one of the reasons this has started happening.

Anyways there is the operation route but u will be out of the gym for 6 months, or you can go the stretching route. YouTube ulnar nerve rehab.