Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Egg White Vs. Egg Yolk: Which Is Better?

manish

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
hello guys ..

i,m doing gym 2 hrs a day and 6 days a week..i,m on the fatter side..recently

started workout..you can find my workout journal here..

so back to main topic..

I eat four eggs a day..so should i eat egg yolk? or egg white will provide me with all the proteins which are needed?

and Which one is Better? Egg White or Egg Yolk?

regards
manish

blinkwatt101

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
For 3 years now have eggs and egg whites have been my main source of protein. I can say that out of all the forms of proteins,ground turkey,ground beef,chicken,tuna and milk that I can have gone through eggs/egg whites always do the most for me. If any muscle is sore the next day and I have a meal coming up I always eat 3 whole eggs and 8 egg whites or 5 whole eggs and 5 whites,it always always always help to supress the soreness temporarily.

Just be careful with the yokes,when I go through 10 or more yokes I started to develop this weird random feeling in my heart that would show up randomly. As soon as I lowered my yoke intake it went away.

Colossus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eat the whole egg. Eat them raw if possible, just crack a couple in your protein shake. This is fairly safe. The USDA calculated the incidence of salmonella bacteria in egg yolks to be about 1 in 30,000...although this was a several years back. You can also buy pasteurized eggs in some stores.

Peoples of the world have been consuming eggs by the dozen--daily--as a vital part of their diet for hundreds of years. Now all of a sudden it's "bad" to consume too many egg yolks. I'm not sold on this, and new research is suggesting whole eggs are more beneficial after all.

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Whole egg > egg white or egg yolk by itself

Cooked vs Raw? It doesn't matter too much, just get it down your throat somehow.

manish

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
so to Conclude..Whole egg is Much better..than egg white

Hit me on this...

Jitterbug

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Whole egg is way better of course.

Why would you eat raw?

A cooked egg is 91% bioavailable, a raw egg is only 51% so. You need to eat 2 raw eggs to get slightly more than 1 cooked egg.

Trader

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Colossus said:
Eat the whole egg. Eat them raw if possible, just crack a couple in your protein shake. This is fairly safe. The USDA calculated the incidence of salmonella bacteria in egg yolks to be about 1 in 30,000...although this was a several years back. You can also buy pasteurized eggs in some stores.

Peoples of the world have been consuming eggs by the dozen--daily--as a vital part of their diet for hundreds of years. Now all of a sudden it's "bad" to consume too many egg yolks. I'm not sold on this, and new research is suggesting whole eggs are more beneficial after all.
Yes - I eat raw eggs too, but I only eat the yolk.

There are two tests that you can perform that will pretty much guarantee your egg will be salmonella-free.

First off, roll the egg on a flat surface. The egg should veer off and curve. If it rolls straight, then be careful.

Then crack the egg and observe the egg yolk. If the egg yolk cannot hold its form and starts to disintegrate, then to be safe, just toss the egg out. Only consume egg yolk that can perfectly hold its shape.

Phat

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
you guys should read the nutrition facts on the egg carton. Each egg contains 6 grams of protien. Your suppose to eat the whole egg guys. Ask your self this question; how much protien would i get if i only ate the egg whites vs the egg yolks?

Throttle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Trader said:
First off, roll the egg on a flat surface. The egg should veer off and curve. If it rolls straight, then be careful.

Then crack the egg and observe the egg yolk. If the egg yolk cannot hold its form and starts to disintegrate, then to be safe, just toss the egg out. Only consume egg yolk that can perfectly hold its shape.
This addresses the age of the egg (# of days since it was laid). It does not directly tell you anything about whether or not it has dangerous levels of salmonella.

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Salmonella is extremely rare in raw eggs. You have a higher chance of getting hit by lightning. But if you DO happen to get salmonella poisoning you are FVCKED. It's really bad. Your call.

There's nothing wrong with egg yolks. Cholesterol is produced by the body. Cholesterol from food does not end up in your blood, that's the body's cholesterol. There's no relation between dietary and blood cholesterol levels at all. There is however a strong relation between a s*t diet and blood cholesterol.

I can back up everything I say with proof if requested.

JDiddy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Eat the whole damn egg

Cholesterol, such as that in the yolk, is a vital building block for testosterone production

36 eggs a day is supposed to have an anabolic affect similiar to some steroids

manish

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
how many eggs per Day

Hello

JDiddy said:
Eat the whole damn egg

Cholesterol, such as that in the yolk, is a vital building block for testosterone production

36 eggs a day is supposed to have an anabolic affect similiar to some steroids
Alle_Gory said:
Salmonella is extremely rare in raw eggs. You have a higher chance of getting hit by lightning. But if you DO happen to get salmonella poisoning you are FVCKED. It's really bad. Your call.

There's nothing wrong with egg yolks. Cholesterol is produced by the body. Cholesterol from food does not end up in your blood, that's the body's cholesterol. There's no relation between dietary and blood cholesterol levels at all. There is however a strong relation between a s*t diet and blood cholesterol.

I can back up everything I say with proof if requested.
So all i know I(We) have to eat whole egg...Thanks for All your feedback

..So next Question is how many eggs per Day? I eat max 6 eggs per

day..whats your count..??

servo1234567

Don Juan
Reaction score
Eat whole eggs. The cholesterol helps produce testosterone.

And eating raw eggs? Thanks, but no thanks. When I eat, I want it to taste good and not end up sick.

shadowinurdreams

Don Juan
Reaction score
6 eggwhites plus 2 whole ...... servo cook them eating raw eggs aka rocky actually is useless...aside from risking salmonella poisoning your body cannot digest the uncooked egg...

cooking eggs above i think 120 degrees gets rid of an enzyme in them that our bodies cannot digest in raw form