Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Ebay sellers advice please !!

jiza101

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I need some good advice on how to use ebay as a small income for me. Im at college 5 days a week, which makes working away from home hard. Can you please give me some ideas and tips on how i can create a strong income using ebay, taking into consideration im from Australia (AUS Ebay). Thanks

Skel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You have to have something to sell :p

Skel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I check certain websites myself that I know sell refurbished quality stuff. For instance 2 weeks ago i bought an Audiovox home surround speakers, DVD player, stand etc for 150$ and they charge only 5$ shipping for any of their items no matter size/weight. I sold it back on ebay for 250$ not including 80$ shipping.

A lot of people on ebay make back money through shipping and handling. You will see acutions listed as 99 cents and then someoen bids on it thinking they are getting a steal and dont realize they are going to pay 20 dollars in shipping.

tristan22

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've never understood how the shipping on ebay works, from a seller’s perspective? How do you determine the price of shipping/cost at the close of the sale?

Skel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by tristan22
I've never understood how the shipping on ebay works, from a seller’s perspective? How do you determine the price of shipping/cost at the close of the sale?
Well that depends on the product you are selling. You basically can take the pounds and ebay has a program that estimates the cost to ship to USA or out of country. As the seller you can do whatever you want.

You can say, shipping included, or buyer pays for shipping, or just include the shipping price already. You can choose to make the price of shipping more than what it would be for profit or not. You can also make insurance for shipping mandatory or not. Its really up to you.

animal crackers

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Diablo, what are some of the things you sell?

I started selling on ebay over a year ago, but it's actually fairly time consuming for the minimum amount of money I was making.

I wasn't even BUYING anything to sell, just stuff I had that I didn't want anymore.

Do you make a decent income from it? Like enough to replace a part time job someone our age would have.

animal crackers

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Anything I can get my hands on... from clothes to cologne to patches and everything in between... sometimes it's profitable (the past 2 months I netted over 2k in profit), sometimes I'm glad I work hourly - if nothing else, it's a good safety net... and eBay is a good 'bonus' - even though you shouldn't rely solely on it as your primary source of income (unless you're a titanium powerseller or somesuch...)

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have been playing around with amazon lately, and i am loving it.

I sold all the school books that i had left over from last year. At the bookstore they said i can get $40 back, i went on amazon and got $100.

I am now talking my friends into letting me sell their old books as well, for the 30% cut.

Diablo, the stuff you find for cheap, are we talking online or garage sales/ stores?