Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Eating the same thing at the same time every day

Kerpal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I know it would be boring, but I've really fallen off the wagon in terms of nutrition lately. My training has been going great, but I have been eating and drinking (alcohol) entirely too much. Sometimes I go all day without eating because I just get too focused on other stuff, and then end up having 1 huge meal because I'm starving.

I've found that there's an inverse relationship between how much of a social life you have and how much you eat clean and avoid alcohol. Every time I tell myself I'm going to clean up my diet, I end up going out with friends, getting hammered and then going to Taco Bell at 2 am :crackup:

When it comes to nutrition, I really feel like I need to keep things simple because every time I start reading about macros, calorie amounts etc., I just get confused - another advantage to just eating the same thing every day. That way I will know exactly what I'm eating. I figure I can do a cheat meal every week to stay on track... right now I'm doing a cheat meal every day :crackup:

I also want to lean out because I'm getting ready to go to a plastic surgeon for a consultation on my Gynecomastia, and I don't want him to tell me that I need to lose weight. I'm 5'11 and about 190 lbs right now, but a lot of it is muscle - I'm closing in on a 500 lb deadlift and 405 lb deep squat. I might even be able to do them both right now, but I haven't done 1RM testing in a while. I figure if I go in there at 5'11, 175-180 lbs with a 6-pack, there's no way he can say I need to lose weight and we can get down to business right away.

So, does anyone do this? Any advice on how I can set something like this up? I can post other info on myself and my training if necessary.

Quagmire911

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Kerpal said:
I've found that there's an inverse relationship between how much of a social life you have and how much you eat clean and avoid alcohol.
This is the difficult part, for me anyway. I've progressed ( or lost fat ) drinking 1-2 nights in the past, but at intermediate level (where you are) will that cut it? I suppose it is individual. I'm in the same boat, in that I drink when I go out, but when you ask yourself is it neccasary to drink, the answer is that it really isn't. As long as their is a group, drunks won't care if one person is sober.

You can eat well if you go to restaurants, but fast food places don't cut it.

I don't know how much you drink but my advice for getting leaner is:

Cut out all sugars and grains. No orange juice, milk, potatoes, oats, breads, etc. Eat meats+legumes (beans, lentils)+ vegetables. Since you have a problem eating consistently I would aim for 4 meals a day rather than 5-6.

Obviously any cardio you do will help. Have a carb meal post workout and and a cheat meal once per week. Try to schedule drinking around carb meals.

If this doesn't cut it, lower the alcohol. I've cut out sugar and grains for the last week. I'm down 2.5lbs in 4-5 days. The first few days were hard, but the withdrawl subsided :).

frenchbeauty

Don Juan
Reaction score
5'11 190 with a 400 deep squat !
That's a huge strength per pound ratio !
What would you say your bf% is around right now ?

Kerpal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have no idea what my body fat percent is. To be honest I don't really look at my body very much because of the gyno. I don't look in the mirror when I get out of the shower or anything. I think it is kind of high because I'm not even close to being able to see a 6-pack.

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Chicken and rice is really no better than a couple double cheeseburgers from mcdonald's assuming the calories and macro ratios are the same.

This "clean" eating stuff is so overblown.

WC2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
mrRuckus said:
Chicken and rice is really no better than a couple double cheeseburgers from mcdonald's assuming the calories and macro ratios are the same.

I'd like to know how you back this assumption up.

Kerpal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well technically he's right...

mrRuckus said:
assuming the calories and macro ratios are the same.
But isn't that like the "pound of feathers or pound of lead" question? :crackup:

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What assumption?

People say avoid fast food, but don't give a reason except for the nebulous "it's bad for you." Sure, maybe the additives and junk, but those aren't really going to affect lifting/bodybuilding efforts.

If the fast food gives you 100g of protein, 20g of fat and 50g of carbs how is that different from having chicken, rice, and olive oil at the same macronutrients? Because it's chicken and rice?! What's the difference? It's going to be the same insulin response so one over the other isn't going to get you fat (which is the main reason people eat "clean")

You might bring glycemic index into it, but all that stuff mixed together isn't going to make a lick of difference in eating the white bread bun from mcdonald's versus brown rice.

If i eat too much chicken and rice I'd get just as fat as if i ate too much fast food.

alright, i googled.

here's somethin.

Hell, i remember going on a few trips last summer where i'd gorge on double cheeseburgers because i didn't have time or access to getting enough calories and a couple times i came back weighing less.

WC2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
mrRuckus said:
What assumption?
The assumption is that 'clean' eating is overblown and chicken and rice is just as bad as fast food as long as the macro-nutrients are the same.

mrRuckus said:
People say avoid fast food, but don't give a reason except for the nebulous "it's bad for you." Sure, maybe the additives and junk, but those aren't really going to affect lifting/bodybuilding efforts.

If the fast food gives you 100g of protein, 20g of fat and 50g of carbs how is that different from having chicken, rice, and olive oil at the same macronutrients? Because it's chicken and rice?! What's the difference? It's going to be the same insulin response so one over the other isn't going to get you fat (which is the main reason people eat "clean")
That's all and good, but you're comparing apples and oranges. Chicken and rice is not a Bigmac. Hell, chicken and rice is not even a grilled chicken sandwich from McDonalds.

Of course if you eat enough chicken to give you 20g of fat, then it's TOO much. What you don't state is that you'd have to eat 10 POUNDS of chicken breast to give you 20g of fat.

And oh yeah, I'm pretty sure that almost every beef sandwich from McDonalds (with the exception of the single and reg. QP) has more than 20g of fat.

More over, the fats found in olive-oil are more beneficial to your health than the saturated 'dirty' crap fat found in those grease soaked beef patties.

mrRuckus said:
You might bring glycemic index into it, but all that stuff mixed together isn't going to make a lick of difference in eating the white bread bun from mcdonald's versus brown rice.
Is that so? Why is it that all professional athletes and body builders aren't eating white bread out the ass? I mean come on, that sh!t is delicious, I'd eat it every day... IF it wasn't bad for you. I like a lot of your posts, but I can't believe you just compared the buns from McDonalds to brown rice.

mrRuckus said:
If i eat too much chicken and rice I'd get just as fat as if i ate too much fast food.
You'd have to eat A LOT of chicken and rice to equal some of the fatty content you find in just one McDonalds sandwich (as stated before).

The assumption that 'clean' eating is overblown is ridiculous.

If it was overblown then everyone who was serious about weight training would be going to McDonalds. Hell, I'd eat it everyday.

But professional athletes and body builders don't.

Hell, they don't even eat chicken and rice.

They eat 'clean/lean' proteins (yes there is such a thing as clean protein; that which is lean and does not contain lots of fat) and complex carbs. Not white bread or the bread patties McDonalds serves. Again, if it wasn't bad for you everyone would be eating it.

I'm not even going to bring in the examples of documentaries such as 'Supersize me' because I'm not even arguing the long term health issues here (maybe someone else can harp on what happened to that dude).

But it's pretty naive to believe that a diet of fast food can work just as well as a diet of clean proteins and complex carbohydrates. You say that if all the nutrients are the same, then technically it's the same. Honestly, I don't know how true that is, but let's assume it is.

Fine.

But you still have one issue. How the f*ck am I going to eat enough chicken and rice to equal the fat content found in a double cheeseburger or any other large fast food sandwich for that matter?

The answer is I'm not. And that is why professional athletes stick to clean proteins. They fill you up without any of the 'dirty' fats.

Okay, enough of that I'm starting to feel like a broken record.

Throttle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
do i have to explain this again slowly? saturated fat is not bad for you. beef fat is not bad for you. pork fat, a.k.a. lard, is not bad bad for you, and is predominantly monounsaturated fat--just like olive oil. that's not to say that they have the same lipid profile, but to say beef fat bad, olive oil good is simpleminded nonsense. you've bought the lipid hypothesis, and it's the real trash.

the (fried) chicken sandwiches & french fries at mcd's are actually worse for you than the burgers, b/c they're fried in partially hydrogenated oils, now that beef tallow gets a bad rap.

trash food? try fries AND rice... the most over-processed starches on the planet, and nothing good comes with either one. the trans fats in the fries are just a bonus.

and most professional athletes DO eat fast food and other "trash"...only the select few sanctimonious enough to lecture us about our eating habits brag about eating lean meats. the rest are too cowed by the bad rap that fat gets to admit what should be patently obvious: for someone who's planning on burning most of them anyway, it's not where the calories come from, it's how many you get. but those of us too lazy to burn off the excess had better stay away from fries & rice, cuz along with other carbs, that's what really packs on the pounds.

Quagmire911

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
mrRuckus said:

I'm curious, is this in response to something I said?

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
mrRuckus said:

Nope.

McDonald's:

sodium levels are terrible. shock to the system.
lacking in vitamins and minerals
plenty of preservatives and 'taste enhancers'
looks like sh*t

Clean Stuff (assuming you can cook decent):

control over nutrients
more vitamins and nutrients, less processed
no preservatives or any other freaky sh*t

There's more to food than macro nutrient ratios. I like to know what's in my food.

WC2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Throttle said:
and most professional athletes DO eat fast food and other "trash"...only the select few sanctimonious enough to lecture us about our eating habits brag about eating lean meats.
?! :crackup:

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You're trying to push water uphill Throttle, when you talk about fats on this forum.

Only those who actually eat good quantities of fats(saturated/mono/poly) every day will understand what you're talking about.

The rest are too scared to believe, which is why I don't bother anymore.

I changed my eating habits because I was willing to learn, and willing to believe that conventional eating habits and theories weren't going to get me the body I wanted.

Most people on this site are unwilling to believe and not ready to learn.

It would be a good idea just to post a link back to one of your many great pro-fat posts instead of making new ones :) would save you time as well.

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
WC2, could you please expand on what you mean here:

WC2 said:
More over, the fats found in olive-oil are more beneficial to your health than the saturated 'dirty' crap fat found in those grease soaked beef patties.

wolf116

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What do you think about saturated fat in coconut oil WC2?

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I tried to get my dad to start using coconut oil sometimes, but his cardiologist told him that coconut oil was worse than the devil...

At least he uses EV olive oil.

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alle_Gory said:
Nope.

McDonald's:

sodium levels are terrible. shock to the system.
lacking in vitamins and minerals
plenty of preservatives and 'taste enhancers'
looks like sh*t

Clean Stuff (assuming you can cook decent):

control over nutrients
more vitamins and nutrients, less processed
no preservatives or any other freaky sh*t

There's more to food than macro nutrient ratios. I like to know what's in my food.
I'm referring to more than just this quote here...

Wtf?

Vegetables:
Look like sh1t. Ever seen okra? Brussel sprouts? What's the look have to do with anything? I bet you look really sexy eating a banana.

Sodium isn't bad unless you ALREADY have high blood pressure. A "shock." What the hell is a shock? Mumbo jumbo talk that means nothing. I bet you think defibrilators with their shock bring you back from a flat line because you see it on tv.

And this is all besides the point since I was talking about bodybuilding purposes. Usually when people talk about eating clean it's because they're doing all they can to keep off body fat. Of course many of you binary [edited out bad words] overblow it into "mrRuckus says to eat garbage every meal" because your thinking is underdeveloped and incapable of shades of grey. "Omg he said it's not so bad so that obviously means he's saying it's the best ever!!!" I never said it was dandy to eat McDonald's every meal. Just that it's stupid to try to be 100% "clean" or afraid of garbage meals. I bet some of you believe in that "if you're against the war, you're against our soldiers" logical clusterfvck too.

Is it considered clean if i eat eggs and store bought beef by the way? That chicken you love is full of preservatives and pesticides and whatever else too. Is fat the devil? There's really no point whatsoever in a discussion if you think saturated fat is bad because the notion is as ridiculous as Scientology or thinking the world is flat.

"Comparing apples and oranges." You're serious? Chicken at home and chicken at mcdonald's is that different? Does mcdonald's use moon chicken? I'm sure you have your own free range chicken in the back yard eating grains you grew yourself, right? "Comparing apples and oranges" is a dumb phrase anyway. They have a LOT of similarities. http://www.bmj.com/cgi/pdf_extract/321/7276/1569

I already eat lots of vitamins and minerals. Don't you take a multi and eat vegetables? I get them all from the other 4 meals I have a day.

p.s. burgers i make at home LOOK worse than mcdonald's ones. Pretty foods are better so i should eat mcdonald's instead.

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You should venture over to intensemuscle.com and see what 300 lb beasts are eating in the offseason. It's not chicken and rice every meal. They eat a TON of beef. I eat 12 oz of FATTY beef a day and somehow I'm managing normal cholesterol, normal liver panel, normal blood triglycerides, and am rocking 10.5% body fat (measured last night with calipers) while gaining strength on a calorie deficit.

I have a better diet than a lot athletes. Two seasons ago they put up the diet of some steeler's player on the screen and talked about how much he ate per day and what he ate and my diet was better and i ate MORE. One anecdotal data point, but you are giving these guys way too much credit. Even that Michael Phelps diet they're LYING about was him gorging on crappy food.

You realize that beef has a lot of monounsaturated fat too, right?

Quagmire911

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
mrRuckus said:
I'm referring to more than just this quote here...

Wtf?

Vegetables:
Look like sh1t. Ever seen okra? Brussel sprouts? What's the look have to do with anything? I bet you look really sexy eating a banana.

Sodium isn't bad unless you ALREADY have high blood pressure. A "shock." What the hell is a shock? Mumbo jumbo talk that means nothing. I bet you think defibrilators with their shock bring you back from a flat line because you see it on tv.

And this is all besides the point since I was talking about bodybuilding purposes. Usually when people talk about eating clean it's because they're doing all they can to keep off body fat. Of course many of you binary [edited out bad words] overblow it into "mrRuckus says to eat garbage every meal" because your thinking is underdeveloped and incapable of shades of grey. "Omg he said it's not so bad so that obviously means he's saying it's the best ever!!!" I never said it was dandy to eat McDonald's every meal. Just that it's stupid to try to be 100% "clean" or afraid of garbage meals. I bet some of you believe in that "if you're against the war, you're against our soldiers" logical clusterfvck too.

Is it considered clean if i eat eggs and store bought beef by the way? That chicken you love is full of preservatives and pesticides and whatever else too. Is fat the devil? There's really no point whatsoever in a discussion if you think saturated fat is bad because the notion is as ridiculous as Scientology or thinking the world is flat.

"Comparing apples and oranges." You're serious? Chicken at home and chicken at mcdonald's is that different? Does mcdonald's use moon chicken? I'm sure you have your own free range chicken in the back yard eating grains you grew yourself, right? "Comparing apples and oranges" is a dumb phrase anyway. They have a LOT of similarities. http://www.bmj.com/cgi/pdf_extract/321/7276/1569

I already eat lots of vitamins and minerals. Don't you take a multi and eat vegetables? I get them all from the other 4 meals I have a day.

p.s. burgers i make at home LOOK worse than mcdonald's ones. Pretty foods are better so i should eat mcdonald's instead.
Epic stuff :crackup: