Dumbell flat bench

Golden Arms

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
All you guys who do barbell flat bench everytime you do chest, try throwing in a set of dumbell bench every now and then. For me, that's what really gives my pecs the best burn.

Barbell bench is a solid exercise, but in my opinion it's mainly for powerlifting and increasing upper body strength, as well as bragging rights - "how much u benchin, dog ??". When I do dumbells, it really isolates each pec and gives me that burn that makes me sore the next day. Try it. Right now my typical chest routine is something like - 4 sets of dumbell flat bench, 4 sets of incline barbell bench, 4 sets of cable crossovers.

Of course, I change it up all the time - substitute decline bench for incline, barbell for dumbell, butterfly machine for crossovers, sometimes I'll do hammer strength for incline bench, etc...Variety is the key

elvis aint dead yet

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
DB bench presses is deffinitely a good exercise to add to your routine, if you aren't already doing it.

Me, I usually do 4 sets of Flat bench presses, 4 sets of incline bench presses, 4 sets of DB bench presses, then I do either cable crossovers or DB Flyes and then I do some weighted Dips.

Maybe I''ll add in another set of something and then I'll go on to shoulders and call it my Monday or Tuesday.

Reaction score
Originally posted by elvis aint dead yet

Me, I usually do 4 sets of Flat bench presses, 4 sets of incline bench presses, 4 sets of DB bench presses, then I do either cable crossovers or DB Flyes and then I do some weighted Dips.
Way too much work for one session. Overtraining, big time. Cut down the pressing sets by 1/3, up the weight you are using, and completely eliminate crossovers and DB Flyes. They are worthless.

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is ALL I do for my pecs, and maybe the occasional pec flye. And I see solid results every time. :)