Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Dumb stuff you've done at the gym...

Fuglydude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just would like to hear some funny stories about dumb stuff YOU'VE done in the gym. We all like to complain about how other people do dumb stuff in the gym but how about stupid shiiiite you've done?

I've done lots of dumb stuff. One example that comes to mind includes bailing on a 105 kg (230 lb) powerclean. Its not a big issue to bail when you're one a platform using rubber weights, but when you're at the university gym working out and drop 230 lbs from shoulder height, it makes a lot of noise. That was embarrassing...

Another was losing control of 125 kg (275 lbs) on a low bar back squat, and having it crash onto the safety bars on the squat cage. That makes a lot of noise too...ya it was embarrassing!

Kerpal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
1. Dropped 315 lbs off my back during a failed squat when I got stuck at the bottom. I was outside of the rack because it's one of those racks where you can't adjust the height of the safety bars, and I can't go deep enough in it. It was pretty loud (no bumper plates in this gym) and everyone stared at me.

2. Was doing spread eagle sit ups once with my feet hooked inside the bars of the power rack and I forgot that there was a racked barbell. I stood up and smashed the back of my head into it, was dizzy for a little while afterwards. This girl saw it happen and said "Ooh, I bet that hurt". :eek:

3. I forgot to put clamps on a barbell and when I was walking the weight out, one of the plates started sliding off. I had already noticed and was walking it back in but this kid saw and came running over to help me, felt kind of stupid.

4. I was unloading a bar and forgot to do it evenly, and got some catapult action going :eek:

5. Was doing a power clean warm up set and accidentally smashed the bar into a leg press machine. One of the plates rolled off the barbell and rolled away in a circle before clattering to the floor.

6. I did curls once :(

HandyAndy

Banned
Reaction score
Kerpal said:
Hahahahahahha.

1. Once I had my dumbbells on the floor waiting for the bench, I was bored so I put my foot on the grip of the dumbbell and lifted myself while my other foot was in the air and the weight rolled forward while I almost fell backwards, the dumbbell rolled across the gym floor and I felt like a retard going to get it back.

2. I was doing deadlifts and I farted in some ladys face :crackup: . (awesome :p)

3. I finished a set of squats and was walking backwards out of the squat rack, and almost tripped backwards on a bench that was placed right behind me for some reason. :down:

4. I wasted 2 years of my life at the gym doing curls and crunches. Good thing the internet exists.

5. I was racking the barbell after deadlifts and all the weight fell off the sides because I used no clamps lol.

6. I almost slipped in the locker room because the floor was wet hahahahaha

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I tripped on my own shoelace and fell off the back of a treadmill

simon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lost balance at the bottom of a squat and fell over backwards.

Ripped 2 pairs of shorts and 1 pair of combats at the bottom of squats. Now I squat in the nude ;)

Loaded the bar for bench press unevenly and only noticed after 2 sets.

Got stapled by the bar during the bench press and had to have someone come and rescue me. Now I bench in the rack :D

Hit my head on various objects.

Went a whole workout with BCAA powder all over my face...not sure how it got there.

Rho

Don Juan
Reaction score
- when i was n00b i couldnt manage to balance the benchpress and the weights all fell off, echoing throughout gym, which was essentially a warehouse (read: acousitc chamber) well known for its hardcore bodybuilder clientele, suffice to say I felt like a bit of a dweeboid.

- was in the boxing part of the gym and a guy started using the speedbag, the loud noise threw me off and I burst into a laughing fit, felt like a douchebag.

- pants got caught once when doing chin-ups and fkn slipped right down to my ankles, luckily I wore clean underwear but its still up there as one of the most embarrassing moments of my life.

WhitePimp

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
- I was doing squats and these girls were doing some sh!t right behind me. At the bottom of the squat my shorts just completely split apart to the point where they were essentially two pieces. I never left the gym though, I said fvck it and kept going...:D

- Also, I've overloaded my bench press weight a few times and almost choked myself out because of it. I always managed to get enough momentum to lift it off but I usually mess my hamstrings up doing it. Terrifying feeling

shaunuk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i've done the standard ****:

1) got pinned doing bench press and some guy(s) have to run over and save me. no one really cares except you, but you're still damn embarassed :D

2) I got pinned on the leg press. so I ****ing sat there, can't budge the sled, so I'm trying to push it up with my hands :crackup: this lad runs over and pushes it up for me, no problems

3) doing DB shoulder press, one arm totally failed and fell backwards completely, causing me to drop the dumbbell backwards over my head and onto my spotters foot, damn :p

4) ripped by boxers squatting multiple times. when i first hear the rip i always think, shyt, i've ripped my sweat pants, I'm in for it now. but always turns out to be my boxers...I've even ripped boxers doing high(ish) box squats...who knows

Mr.Positive

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I carry a large jug of water with me in the gym. Occassionally, I've gotten a little to overzealous gulping water between sets, and have spilled water on my lap...making it look like I've pissed my pants. :D

Embarrassing, but I just think "Damnit, I've done it again!" and keep on working out.

The Bat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Back in my noob days....worked out in jeans and a hoodie...it was cold out so I figured it must be snowing christmas inside the gym too...

I've done the barbell catapult thing once or twice....it almost knocked this guy out one time but he was sitting and resting so he caught the barbell in time....felt like an idiot for almost busting somebody's head with a barbell catapult...

After doing cable flyes, I used to let go of the cables so the weights would slam down and make a noise....and make me feel like a beast....roarrr...(what a douche I was lol)

Unnecessary grunting when doing crunches....again this was back in my noob days when nobody handed me the proper gym etiquette grunting manual...

yungahdubz

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Tried a front squat for the first time n went flying forwards and nutted a table.

Tried overhead pressing whilst conciously trying to move my head under the bar and i went flying backwards.

simon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cut my forehead open on a straight cable bar about an hour ago :crackup:

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Shot out a loud fart when deadlifting. :)

kickureface

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Kerpal said:
1. Dropped 315 lbs off my back during a failed squat when I got stuck at the bottom. I was outside of the rack because it's one of those racks where you can't adjust the height of the safety bars, and I can't go deep enough in it. It was pretty loud (no bumper plates in this gym) and everyone stared at me.

2. Was doing spread eagle sit ups once with my feet hooked inside the bars of the power rack and I forgot that there was a racked barbell. I stood up and smashed the back of my head into it, was dizzy for a little while afterwards. This girl saw it happen and said "Ooh, I bet that hurt". :eek:

3. I forgot to put clamps on a barbell and when I was walking the weight out, one of the plates started sliding off. I had already noticed and was walking it back in but this kid saw and came running over to help me, felt kind of stupid.

4. I was unloading a bar and forgot to do it evenly, and got some catapult action going :eek:

5. Was doing a power clean warm up set and accidentally smashed the bar into a leg press machine. One of the plates rolled off the barbell and rolled away in a circle before clattering to the floor.

i'm guilty of 4. shattered a mirror at the uni gym and started doing presses :)

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I finished a set of deadlifts and went to take a huge swig of my choclate whey shake. The cap wasn't on properly(I still don't know how) and I upended 500mL of chocolate whey all over my chin and tshirt in front of everybody.

onyx

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Like the second time I did squats at my old gym, I got pinned at the bottom going for 1 extra rep I knew I couldn't do, but they were loads of people watching the gym was packed this day when it was usually just me and my ego wouldn't let me stop, I got about half way up, and fell backwards on my ass, and the barbell went flying into the bench behind me. It went real quiet and everyone just looked at me...I felt embarrassed..good job I wasn't hurt though

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Next time you drop weights or a bar just yell "one!" while everyone is staring at you.

j0n024

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
HAHAHAHAHAHAH nice one MR.Ruckus! I will DEFINITELY do that WHEN I screw up.

I guess I havent been working out long enough to do one of these things yet....hmm.

SmellyOrc

Don Juan
Reaction score
Once I lost control over the bar when doing Push Presses, and I fell backwards into the squat rack, which was accompanied by *some* sound :/