Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

duke007's Boot Camp Journal

duke007

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Day 1 after Re-awakening

The weather was shocking when I woke up this morning. Torrential downpour and chilling winds in the middle of Spring. While waiting for the bus I got drenched even though I carried an umbrella. Damn sideways rain.

Fast forward a couple of hours I was waiting for a tram, when an HB7.5 with an interesting face stood beside me bracing herself from the cold. I looked over and just said, "Cold enough for ya?" We talked about Melbourne weather for 20 seconds until the tram came. She stood near me when we boarded which is always a good sign....it's easy for a girl to end a cold approach when shifting locations. I was asking questions about her hobbies and interests, and even though she was a bit quiet she was still smiling at me. When we left the tram I went for the number close but she said, "No, and I have a boyfriend anyway". I screwed up by not gaining enough rapport, but this is hard to do in such little time.

The gym was empty of HBs today...probably due to the freezing cold. When I got down to the train station to return home the announcer said the trains on my line were cancelled due to the weather.

Remember this happened to me a couple of weeks ago? There were hot chicks everywhere and I wished for another train "incident". Well my wish came true! The arrangement was to catch another train to a small station for a special bus service. As I was leaving the train at this station I caught some eye contact with a pretty HB8 who was in the same predicament. We were walking side-by-side among the hordes of unhappy commuters but she had bloody headphones in her ears!

I've been observing this lately - 2 out of 3 girls by themselves either have their heads stuck in their phones or wear earphones. One bimbo got run over by a tram because she couldn't hear it approaching. This sparked widespread public warnings about listening to music on the streets but they seem to have fallen on deaf ears. It's pathetic.

I thought, "screw this, the worst that can happen is she doesn't hear me" So I used the obvious situational opener. She heard and started happily talking back to me! It seems there was no music playing and she had them on for show. :rolleyes: The approach was going exceptionally well....it was one of the few times I made an approach after a GO signal (the EC). You can really tell the difference compared to a completely blind approach.

There were so many people that we got caught up in the tunnel, which gave us some time to chat. I mentioned that it felt like a nightclub queue, which wasn't even funny but she was laughing aloud anyway. I saw a gap on the right of the tunnel so I riskily suggested we head out to the front. The positive aspect was that it showed leadership and initiative, but the negative is there is no guarantee she'd follow. Thankfully she followed me as we snaked through the crowds, but then half way up my luck turned sour. She met two friends who were waiting while I kept walking up the tunnel. After realising, I didn't know whether to retrace my steps or keep on walking, but one thing is for sure I hadn't gained enough rapport to have her introduce me. Arrghh not again! What are the odds?

I kept walking and saw my mate's sister at the top of the tunnel. She had a few friends with her...I talked with them for a bit but they forced ahead to the first bus and the driver stopped accepting new passengers when I got near. A second bus, a luxury coach, approached so everyone shifted along to board that. An HB6.5 was next to me so I looked at her and said, "Yehh we got the nicer, luxury bus!" She didn't reply...kinda rude when we're standing almost hip-to-hip. A lady turned around and smiled at me though. I missed out on this bus too!

In the third bus a HB7.5 perky young blonde with two female friends (HB5, HB6) and a guy friend sat next to me on the back seat. She told her friend that she'll give up her seat after halfway. So I said, "Aww how generous! You're such a nice friend :)" HB7.5 was the only one who reacted well...she laughed ditzily but didn't say anything back. The guy leaned forward and looked at me really weirdly but that's just because he's a jealous AFC.

He was saying the most ridiculously boring and unfunny stuff during the trip. At times during my bootcamp I've felt that my conversations have been flat and non-stimulating, but he made me realise that most guys are just braindead morons. If he's my competition I don't need to beat myself up over my conversational skills.

Tip: It's easy to start thinking you have average skills after reading so many perfect field reports and bible articles. Just start comparing yourself to the rest of the male population. So what if you're not Pook or Senor Fingers...you're still damn good!

The driver announced that the trains were running again so he let us out at a station and everyone poured onto the platform. I saw an HB7 (we'll call her HBJuiceGirl) slouching on a bench looking a bit pissed off so I sat down next to her and said, "How are you going today?" It was good timing. She opened up straight away saying in an almost comical way, "Ohhh not good, I've had enough with today blah blah" I smiled and said, "Yeah, I could tell by your body language!" We got in the train and I had plenty of time to gain some rapport. I told her I was experienced at train and car breakdowns and she added, "That must be why you're so laid-back and relaxed right now, I could learn something from you!"

My C+F and general humour was working well, not too cheesy or forced as it sometimes used to be with me. Nor did I go overboard with it. I found out she works in a juice bar at my local shopping centre where I have been a few times. But when I went for a number close she said straight out, "No, but I'll see you around!" The last bit was said really cheerily...and compared to when I first spoke to her it was obvious I'd altered her mood for the better. So I'm a bit confused....I can't see where I f*cked up. And does she want me to turn up at her juicebar or is she just saying that?

-------------------
Later that night I went to a punk show with a group of friends I rarely see (only at these shows). They'd make absolutely hopeless wingmen...they're all 22 but act like 17 year olds. One actually said tonight, "They shouldn't let girls into punk shows." It's honestly surprising that 2 have nice-looking girlfriends when all they talk about is getting drunk. What 22 year old still plays "Goon of Fortune"? (attach cheap cask wine to a clothesline and spin).

They were talking about what they were going to do on their boozing trip on the weekend. I wasn't invited...and nor did I expect to be...I barely see them. I was feeling left out of this conversation so I just casually asked how many people were going and where they were staying. The d1ckhead of the group, who has had some superiority complex over me ever since high school said something that kinda pissed me off:

"Everyone in this circle is going except YOU (pointing). Also *name*, *name* and *name* but not you."

It was easy to tell he wasn't saying this in a malicious way, but he's really blunt and thinks he's funny. That sucked, I wasn't trying to invite myself by asking that question. I just wanted to expand the conversation, but he tried to make me feel 1 foot tall. But as if I want to drive down to the middle of nowhere and drunkenly slurp beer day and night with no single women in sight.

Lagwagon rocked and I had a lot of fun without approaching. It's almost impossible to approach in that kind of environment though. I've noticed that punk boyfriends are way more insecure at shows than boyfriends at nightclubs. (Holding on to them, staring out at other guys, that kind of thing)

Seraph

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Good to see you're still trying mate. What week are you in now?

duke007

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Second Day

Seraph: I think I'm somewhere in Week 5 but there's no way I can complete it without active numbers.

----------------
Tonight I went for dinner with a big group of guys and girls. I know them all to a degree but hadn't seen any of the girls since March. The only noteworthy thing that happened at dinner was my friend mentioning I tried to audition for Australian Idol (don't remember how the weasel tied it into the conversation!) All the girls' eyes lit up and they made excited little noises...it was nice!

Whenever this topic has been brought up in the past, every girl has a similar reaction. They love it more than any other hobby or interest. If you have even the slightest vocal ability, pursue this interest further and the girls will flock. I've finally decided to join a singing group when I return from my holiday in November.

After dinner we moved to a small lounge/bar but there weren't many available targets to approach. The only single girl in our group (HB7) was obviously interested in my AFC friend Zac. She offered to buy him a drink straight away and was kinoing him a lot. Zac is the AFC from previous field reports who is unlucky with women and usually desperate.

Realising that I wouldn't be picking up tonight I dedicated my efforts to helping him pop his cherry. The idiot didn't even realise she was coming onto him when I took him aside to think up a plan. The spanner in the works was that the engaged guy (quiet and unsociable) was going to give her a lift home and it was getting late.

Knowing that he wouldn't like the idea, and upon seeing the HB7 moving her body to the music I suggested we go dancing in the nightclub down the street.

She liked the idea but AFCEngaged said he wanted to head off home. HB7 said she needs to get a lift home with him so we won't be able to go. I said, "That's OK, your place is on the way to Zac's, he can give you a lift back if you like." Normally I wouldn't speak for others but we'd already agreed on this before. Just as expected it worked! She was pretty horny by now as well.

AFCEngaged went, leaving Isaac and the HB7 on the couch together, while I took the attention of two other friends. We were about to leave but the stupid other friend started saying he hates dancing and bought another beer! 15 minutes had now passed since AFCEngaged left, when he re-entered the room saying his car broke down! Isaac is the only guy among us with knowledge of mechanics so he was pretty much forced to help. What cruel luck!

It took them about 1.5 hours, while myself and the other two kept HB7 company. Unfortunately she started losing her beer buzz and horniness and any chance my friend had to score flew out the window. Isaac finally returned and the two of them went to his car. I haven't heard what happened but I'd be willing to bet a large sum that he didn't see any action.

Lady Luck was not shining upon any of us that night. At 2:30am while driving my friend home on the FREEWAY, my car began choking and broke down. Ironically, this occurred straight after retelling him the story of when it last happened (it's in this BC journal as well)

Me: So after the 5th breakdown it gave up on me for the last time!
Friend: Hahaha, you should have called me! (near his house)
Me: Yeah, because I ended up waiting 2 hours for a tow!
Friend: Damn you're unlucky sometimes, duke!
Me: Ohh f*ck it's happening again!

We crawled along the emergency lane in spurts but after 10 breakdowns it gave up. Some electrical problem - the spark plugs seem to be failing during medium-long drives. Don't even ask me how I got home!

Disu

Reaction score
Go Duke

Mate - Bootcamp in an Australian context - awesome.

Keep going - I totally agree with many of your thoughts, the average bloke has next to no conversational skills above functional when it comes to women.

Keep refining your game, I'm now a dedicated reader.

felony

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Mate, i'm going to give you a buzz after my last exams next week and we are going to, in the wise words of Jason Gillespie the Oz bowler, "grab a beverage and marvel at the enormity of it all". Great bloke, but he really should shut up stick to what he's good at.

What are the dates when you will be away on holiday?

Take it easy champ.

f.

TheRelic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Heh, good work. Seems you gotta go through a few cars these days before you get one that wont give you the collective ****s...

I was actually driving down the freeway tonight... absolutely pissing rain, just think yourself lucky the breakdowns didn't happen then!

duke007

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
cheers felony, I leave at 11:59pm on Friday the 19th. I'll be back on the 1st of December.

And TheRelic, sh1t yeah that would have been bad! But with winds that strong my little hatchback would have been blown off the road anyway

Turns out that my mate Zac was also struck with bad luck that night. While he was driving that chick home his ute's axle snapped. He should have suggested they 'sleep' in the car that night but they ended up getting a tow.

Also, I've been meaning to put some recent pictures up like Seraph did in his journal. The hotornot ones are a year old now and I want to show you guys how I look without that godawful goatee. And damn, the girl in the second picture looks terrible in that photo! She's just a friend though.

http://schwing.wouldyouhitthis.com/member_files/2004/09/20/117893/pics/03644800010993094647903.jpg

http://schwing.wouldyouhitthis.com/member_files/2004/09/20/117893/pics/04920270010993090398474.jpg

duke007

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yesterday I woke up feeling sick in the stomach so didn't feel like being extra sociable.

I went to the travel agent to pick up my plane ticket and itinerary and the woman who's been handling my account said I didn't sound too well. :eek: Damn I didn't think I was coming off that badly...maybe because i was really outgoing and in joking moods the last two times I spoke to her.

Then I went to pick up my dad's new glasses. The woman behind the counter took them out of the case and went to put them on me. They were thick-framed poindexter glasses so I pulled back and said they weren't for me! If the girl was younger, hotter and I didn't feel unwell it would have been funny to play along for a joke.

Next stop the gym. And as was brought up in Seraph's journal, I can't emphasise enough how this is helped me! Half way through my workout the queasy feeling went away and I felt wide awake.

A small, pretty girl (HB7.5) was stretching and gave brief EC as I entered so I sat down next to her (haha one of my favourite approaches) and stretched my own legs. She was really flexible...I was looking forward to this! Not long after I get there, two guys leave so it's just us two side by side.

There was no way I was going to let myself puss out this time! I mentioned that I'd never seen the place so empty. She giggled and said "Yah" in a strong American accent. This of course helped along the convo and I found out she came down here by herself on exchange and was living in a residential college. Everything was going perfectly after I found out she was leaving in a week after finishing her "papers" to New Zealand and Fiji.

She'll be there from the 14th to the 18th...I told her I'm also going to Fiji from the 19th. She laughed and said, "how weird is that?" DAMN!

She would have to be a huge slvt to go out with me within the next week during assessment period. I figured if she was that horny she'd number close me anyway. So I left without digits. 10 minutes later I walked past again and she was still stretching - doing that back arch thing that turned me on so much at the strip joint. Aaarrrgg! :)
DAMN!

But after this I didn't feel sick at all.

Later at the bus stop an Asian girl with headphones sat next to me. There was plenty of room to the right of her but she was quite close to me. I took this as a go signal but when I said something it was obvious the music was playing and she didn't hear properly. She pulled them out to hear me....laughed....then put them back in again. :rolleyes: Nevermind, must have been a fake laugh or something

--------------------------------
Also I'd like to give a word of advice: Don't put your pic up on wouldyouhitthis.com. All it does is unnecessarily boost your ego. I put that pic up of me in a singlet (post above) and so far have 15 girls that would bang me and 3 that wouldn't (one of those was a fat ugly woman).

But the annoying part is the comments from hot girls from America saying they'd do me and stuff.

Just now a stunning looking Brazilian girl send me a PM saying, "I want contact with you" (heheh that sounds kinky!), and left me all her online contact details. GAHHHH, I'm still a virgin and all this attention online sucks!

Eggchen

Don Juan
Reaction score
Looking good duke007!

There's just something about you that makes you look really approachable and easy to talk to. :p

Your face is pretty good looking and I bet some girls are intimidated by you. :cool:

Keep at it at the gym - you need bigger shoulders. :D

duke007

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Friday

Thanks Eggchen, but approachable or intimidating? :) Also, you're right my shoulders need more work....but the second photo is a bit misleading. I'm hunched forward a fair way which makes them appear really narrow :D

-----------------
Friday started off with more bad luck. With my car still out of action, I can choose to either catch the bus or the train to the city. I usually choose the bus because it's a lot faster but today I decided to go by train.

When I got to the station the trains had stopped running because the heavy rainfall had caused damage up ahead. Third time this bootcamp!!! Unfortunately the carriage was empty of any talent except for an HB6 who looked in her thirties. I started chatting to her about what could have happened....she seemed in a pretty average mood. (Why is it that everyone lets events beyond their control upset them so much...I just ride with the punches)

After she left a couple of separate guys started asking me what the announcer said and what was going to happen as if I was some figure of authority.

I decided to catch a local bus back towards my house to catch the adjoining freeway bus. It never came, so I ended up waiting alone 40 minutes for the next (by which time the trains would surely have run again). Overall 1.5 hours since I walked out my front door until I finally left my neighbourhood.....what is going on?! :)

The rest of the day was pretty uneventful until I got to the gym and starting doing squats. I was lifting my own body weight and didn't feel under too much pressure. After my second set I found that a female employee had been checking me out. She asked how my squats were going.

In the two years I've been here I've only been approached by female staff members if I'm wearing jeans or working out without a towel. Finally I was recognised in a positive way!

I asked straight away if she normally sidles up like that (took me by surprise!). I asked if my technique was OK and she said it fine except I was slightly leaning forward. But she went on to emphasise how impressive it was that I was lifting so much for my size and we chatted for a bit.

I rarely see this happen at the gym...usually the female workers just stand and talk amongst each other on the balcony but she took the time to approach me. What do you guys make of this? Should I go for the number or just chat to her for social proof?

Seraph

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
What do you guys make of this? Should I go for the number or just chat to her for social proof?
If you want her, go get her. Even if she says no, you could still chat with her and do the whole social proof thing if you want.

duke007

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Saturday

Tonight my mates and I redeemed my "birthday gift" from a nightclub, which I received just by signing up to their mailing list - $30 of free drinks, free entry and 2 for 1 spirits until midnight!

I think I might sign up again under a different name with a December DOB.

One of my friends is feeling a bit tired from the night before because he was out celebrating after finishing exams. I ask how it was and he tells me the most AFC story I've ever heard!

He just passed up an obvious chance for free sex! A girl in his crowd was sitting on his lap for about an hour, asking him questions about masturbation, threesomes and fantasies and then answering them herself, and flirting like crazy.

When the night was over he was going to catch a taxi but the girl said he could stay at her place. He agreed but moronically slept on her couch!!!!!!!!!!! He said if she really wanted him she would have made a move. What is he asexual or something?? It's so frustrating to see my AFC friends gifted perfect opportunities but not be man enough to seize them.

You just have to learn to take the bull by the horns if you want to be a DJ. I may still be a virgin but nevertheless I'm glad I'm making confident decisions and following through in all areas of my life since bootcamp started.

My two friends are still too scared to approach even in a pickup environment. I went for a walk to see what I could find when a chick sitting down tried to get the attention of a girl ahead of me.

Approach 1
She didn't see, so when I managed to catch up I tapped her on the shoulder and said her friend was trying to call her. She didn't believe me, but I got her to stop and look back and confused the hell out of her (not on purpose). She obviously thought it was a lame pickup attempt (maybe because I was smirking uncontrollably :)) so she said she'd see me later.

Later, the three of us stood on the balcony drinking our cheap drinks and spotted a tall sexy blonde dancing on a platform with her friends. She had a sparkly dress and from above was a dead ringer for Paris Hilton, an HB9. All the guys near her were staring too. I gave up on perving like an AFC and saw two chicks against the railing ripe for an approach. None of them wanted to wing for me though :(

Approach 2
Luckily some guy approached one chick leaving the other one standing by herself. Perfect! I approached smoothly and used my "having a perv?" line that worked so well last time. She said no, she was looking for her fiancee! I acted nonchalant though and played along, which she probably didn't expect:

Me: You seem pretty young to be getting married. How old are you?
Her: 23. It's not really that young
Me: Aww, you must really love him then?
Her: Err sorta I'm not really sure blah blah
Me: Hmmm you know divorces can be messy! Good luck!

When I got back to my friends, the guy who passed on losing his virginity last night said he was in awe of me for approaching like that. It wasn't really that hard though! Before bootcamp rejections like that would dent my confidence but negativity was the furthest thing from my mind. Your friends will NOT tease if you get rejected so just relax and you'll be better for it.

We went to the RnB room and danced for a bit but my friends weren't interested so we headed back to the bar. As we approached, HBParisHilton was standing behind her friend who was buying a drink. I tried to force my friend to approach but he wouldn't....so I did! His loss my gain :)

Approach 3
As I got up close I saw she wasn't an HB9 after all...only an HB7.5. And I bet without all the makeup and made-up hair she would have looked even worse. I just said, "You're looking sparkly tonight" She smiles and starts crapping on about her matching handbag and then says she even found matching shoes.

I looked down and said off-the-cuff, "Hmmm you think so, they don't look very sparkly to me" She hit my softly twice on the chest and said, "Heyy, they do match!" (I admit that colour was the same...but they sure as hell didn't sparkle). On reflection I was extremely proud of myself, solely because the neghit came out unplanned and unintended. It just came to my head automatically and I thought nothing of it. So this is how you develop the DJ attitude! No canned lines or prepared bullsh1t....just lots of practice and it comes by itself.

We fluffed a little bit longer but then her other friend sticks her head right in and starts dragging HBParisHilton away. I kinoed her on the arm and said, "See you round." As they walked through the crowd, guys were yelling out, "PARIS!! Come here", trying to grab her and just being stupid meatheads. Definitely an attention wh0re. My friends just stared at me with shock on their faces after that incident!

I got sick of standing around so I left my friends at the bar to try more approaches. I stood by the original balcony when a group of four (2 guys, 2 girls) congregated around my area. One HB7.5 (Angie) started looking over the balcony and seemed a non-participant in their convo.

Approach 4
All I said was, "How are you going tonight?" and we started a great casual convo with no b1tch shield to break through. Saying it was my birthday worked well (hahaha well I was redeeming my gift even though I'm not 21 until the 30th) and I was able to generate good rapport. I felt really relaxed during this approach because I was just being myself....no crazy club persona bullsh1t...just the real duke007...and she was loving it. Her friends offered ZERO resistance. After 10 minutes I number closed, finally breaking my 2 week drought!

Still, hard to know how much value a number at a club is. But if I think about it, obtaining HBParisHilton's number would not nearly be as meanignful as getting a down-to-earth girl like Angie's number.

My friends were gone when I got back so I sat on the couches and texted them my location. A drunk guy flopped next to me and asked if I had a light. I had none, but told him that asking a chick for a light is a perfect approach. Right then HBParisHilton is walking past! (Weird the place was huge). He calls out, "PARIS! Do you have a light?" She fumbles in her bag for a bit and I exchange a few more words with her but she doesn't seem to recognise me. It seems almost likely she was approached by every male there!

The drunk guy is so drunk he's almost leaning on my shoulder. He says he's not gay though but he has a missus back home! He was the craziest guy I'd ever met in a place like this. He started saying he drank four bottles of bourbon last night and didn't sleep, and that he's driving home as well. Then he starts talking about having a car chase across the entire country and being shot in the back by police. The guy was hilarious! And I'd had seven spirits by then but was pretty much stone cold sober

I pointed out two chicks who were now sitting to the right of us.
He just slips over, introduces himself and then me, says drunken gibberish and then nearly passes out for the 3rd time! The blonde sitting down is looking a bit unwell, but the hotter blonde (HB8.5) is standing up opposite her.

Approach 5
I got up and started talking to her about my drunk 'friend' and how much bourbon he claims to have drunk. She's laughing the whole time and everything is going well except her friend is now leaning over with her head pointing to the ground.

Me: Hey, I don't think your friend looks too well
HB8.5: Yeah she had a bit too much to drink
SickGirl: *BLEAAAGHHHHH*
*HB8.5 and I jump back to avoid the puke*
HB8.5: Ohh sh1t
Me: I think you better take her to get cleaned up
HB8.5: Good idea, thanks!

And they left. C0ckblocked by spew....ohh well :D But all I have to say is meeting drunk club guys is great! He was acting like my best mate and was so drunk he had absolutely no fear of approach. If not for the sick friend that approach was looking promising.

When I finally found my friends, the guy who screwed up last night said a random hot girl wiped her (clean) hand on his face and asked how he was going. But sure enough he didn't even attempt a sarge. :( When will that boy learn?

So there you go...a fun, cheap night out with plenty of nice opportunities. Would have been more if my friends were ballsy enough to start approaching soon after we got in. Also, my confidence with approaching solo for all five attempts makes me think clubbing alone would not be so intimidating after all.

Eggchen

Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Friday

Originally posted by duke007
Thanks Eggchen, but approachable or intimidating? :)

Perhaps the normal, everyday public would be intimidated because they're locked up in their own anti-social "I don't talk to strangers" shell.

By approachable I mean that you don't look like a dodgy player, which is good! :D

blue17

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Excellent point you make about how your friends won't tease you if you approach and fail. I was always worried about that, but it makes sense that it's fine if you reverse roles. Let's say your friend has the confidence to go to up a hot girl and chat her up....he fails. Do you tease him because he didn't close and you didn't have the balls to approach, or do you congratulate him for atleast trying? Easy answer on that one :p

duke007

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm at a low low ebb fellas

Let me explain why by first going through last night's events. Sorry for all the heavy detail but I really need to convey my mood. (And if you've been reading all the updates so far, you must enjoy reading essays anyway :))

I got a call at 9pm from the guy who's birthday I went to a few weeks ago (exotic restaurant and strip club). He said he'd pick me up at 10pm to go clubbing with another mate of his.

The place was dead empty at 10:30 because Melbourne is right in the middle of exam period. The others were complaining a bit, so I tried to keep the mood positive. I was just happy to get out of the house.

Sure enough, after a few drinks the other guy (Dimmy...haha very woggy name :)) was as happy as Larry (why the hell am I not affected??). We go straight to the dancefloor, despite my lack of beer buzz and preference for walkup approaches.

The floor fills up and I'm feeling very confident by now. With all the time I've spent dancing in the past few months I'd say I've gained decent skills without being spectacular. But never mind how talented I am with my feet, I had a smile on my face and was having fun and that's all that really matters.

There is a huge group of young looking girls dancing on and off. Most of them leave but two remain right in my vicinity. They stop dancing yet again (right in the middle of dancefloor), so I put my hand on the shoulder of the cute one and say:

Me: "How come you stopped dancing?"
HBCute: "I don't know the song!"
Me (thinking :rolleyes: what a moron): "Awww don't let that stop ya! I don't know the song either"

Then I step back slightly and keep dancing. That should be her cue to resume and face me at least partially. But they keep standing there like idiots. Later, Dimmy tries to talk to the other girl but didn't get very far. Why the f*ck are they there?

Soon after a couple of hot girls burst near and start feeling each other up. Then they started making out. Naturally, all the guys nearby just watched with drooling expressions but nobody was going to make a move. I put my hands on both their shoulders and said while smirking, "Ladies, get a room!" And then just kept dancing.

The better looking one looked up slowly but I could tell from the size of her pupils she was f*cked up on something. They were completely wasted.

The question on everyone's lips was, "are they bi or dykes?". A few minutes later I said into their ears, "are you guys bi?" The same one who reacted before shook her head slightly but I don't think they knew what the f*ck was going on. Thankfully they left.

A huge ring of guys and girls came near us and one of the hotter blondes was backing toward the side of me. She was swinging her arms by her sides...which resulted in me getting slightly contacted in the crotch area. It can't be a mistake! I put my hand on her shoulder (like I always do) and said into her ear, "Watch those hands missy!" I don't even know if she heard because she barely even reacted or acknowledged. Ohh well I went for a grind anyway, but this is never successful in my experience. She wasn't pushing back onto me so I let go.

I have no idea what it's like in the US but, and back me up her Aussie DJs, you can't grind in clubs around here unless you're getting obvious "****-me" signals.

All of a sudden the wasted lesbians burst back into my area. The plainer looking one pushes out her friend playfully, knocking her back into some guy. I don't know why I did this but the "don't give a f*ck" attitiude was kicking in. I just said playfully, "Hey hey, no violence" They didn't hear so I repeated. The plainer one look bemused and just said, "F*ck off" Not maliciously....just slurred. What the hell was going on in their little minds?

They left again and I kept dancing. A blonde with short hair stepped back onto my feet, then turned around, touched me on the arm and said:

HBShortHair: "Sorry I keep stepping on your toes!"
Me: "Thankyou. Those heels really hurt!"
HBShortHair: "But their they're not heels...they're flat!"
Me: "Well they sure feel like heels"

She laughed even though it was bullsh1t fluff talk and the tall brunette she was with added something that I didn't hear. I was keen on the brunette, but after the exchange they just turned back around to their circle. If either of them was interested they should have given me some more EC and danced with me. Why even talk with me and touch without any interest. I CANNOT for the life of me read dancefloor situations, except to know that all women out there are attention wh0res.

I've been dancing for 1.5 hours now and suggest to Dimmy to take a break but he is keen to stick around :( Then the bloody lesbians come back to dance in my direct personal space yet again. They still seem clueless to my presence though. WTF? So now it's just guys and them surrounding me.

We finally go, and after a good 30 minutes standing around, we move into the downstairs dancefloor. Dimmy bumps into a curly haired girl (HB7.5) who basically orgasms on the spot to see him. She is with 3 other girls (HB6, HB7, HB7.5 - A miniature Penelope Cruz. They are all 18yo first-years and seem pretty drunk). My other friend pisses off to get a drink leaving just us six dancing in a group.

"Finally!" I was thinking. Social proof with this guy I just met may be the key to club success. I was just matching their excitement level, putting my hands up at high points of a song and singing along with everyone when they played some retro classics. During this I say occasional fluff lines to the HB7 and curly haired girl who were closest to me. The HB6 is getting close to Dimmy and before I know it they're dirty dancing like crazy. I figured she must have already known him.

The others are getting tired and stop dancing so being mindful of allowing Dimmy to completely isolate his girl I suggested we all (3 girls and me) go somewhere quieter to have a chat. I've been waiting to test my convo skills on a new group of three chicks and saw this as my best chance to game the one with highest IL. It wasn't creepy because I was asking all of them and surely after all that dancing there was no b1tch shield. HB7 and HBCruz sorta look at each other funnily and slowly edge around to behind Dimmy and the HB6.

Right then Dimmy whispers to me, "Go for it! HBCruz is single...the others are taken" I get an SMS from my other friend saying he has to go soon so I quickly reply in the middle of the floor, very mindful of the fact that the two girls had basically snubbed me. When I finished I looked up and they were half-heartedly dancing around HBCurly again, who I had small-talked to the most before.

HBCurly grabs my arm, pulls me in and says, "Cmon dance with us!" Barely 1 minute later they all sit down on the seats behind them. F*ck this was frustrating. I introduced myself to each one and shook their hands (girl-style) in turn with solid eye contact.

I sat down next to HBCruz who was perched facing away on the end.....mentioned some bullsh1t that came to my head...she didn't answer....I got another SMS....they got up and went toward Dimmy and HB6 again....I replied to message...got up and farewelled Dimmy individually....ignored girls and left.

I think you can tell by my use of language I was pretty pissed. What the f*ck was I supposed to do? Was I really that repulsive? Even with the social proof and fun-loving attitude. I was appalled by their rudeness, which would only happen in a fake club environment. I was three years older than them for god's sake (they didn't know)! They should be happy to mix with an older guy!

My mate and I left in a dull mood because he had an average night too.

Later, I'll post my thoughts on this whole bootcamp experience that have been swimming in my head since the drive home.

CaptainObvious#1

Don Juan
Reaction score
Australia is a lot different to America, as you already know. Asking the girls to walk away from their friend like that would probably seem a bit sleazy to them. It would probably work on older girls, but on 18 - 20 I doubt it.

You should have tried talking (well fluff talking because convo's are hard with loud music) right then and there. Sooner or later they would get the idea. Patience is something you need a LOT of in Aus as you have just noticed.

With the DJ type approach you need to go after the really wog or ditsy girls, because they are always getting hit on by wog dudes, who are very agressive in their approaches so they are more used to it. If you like the Aussie girls (like myself) you'll need to be a little more patient.

Something I always find good is standing near a table/stools or somewhere where people walk past a lot (around the bar area). Being alone is a lot less comfronting and intimidating compared to being with a mate...especially if your mate is grinding one of their friends. Girls will either approach, be near by and just start a convo, or you can just start a convo like you would at the bus stop etc.

You really need to adjust the way you go about things in Aus compared to the US and other countries.

And with those lesbians (attention *****s), just don't worry about them. There's always at least a few who are absoloute fools.

Seraph

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe the club isn't the best place to pick up chicks for you? I don't know if you're simply looking for a quick fvck or a few dates from girls that you hit on in the club. I feel kind of at a loss on what to tell you though, since I don't know how Aussie women are at all and it might be completely different over there than what it is like over here. I guess I'll comment more after you make that second post. :eek:

Disu

Reaction score
take a rest, keep heartened

I agree with captainobvious, I know for a fact that chatting up American chicks is definitely different - compared to down here. Harder? perhaps, anyhow, I reckon you just gotta keep searching for what works. Maybe try a different approach. If you tried a lot of things that work on American girls over here, Aussie chicks might be offended unless you've got an accent to go with it.

I've talked to a couple of female friends about this, all they ever do is complain about sleazy men hitting on them at clubs [while I secretly laught at them]

I get the impression that clubs are kinda ironic in that it's the place where everyone's checking each other out [maximum exposure to people trying to be/act attractive] yet its also the place where the b!tch shields are highest.

My advice is don't despair, maybe you're applying the approach used by our American bros too literally, Australia's kinda different... but not too different, you need a more patient approach...but essentially the same. remember, we take after British culture in terms of being socially conservative.

Anyhow, I can't really give you much advice [you're my current bootcamp hero] except, just keep going man. Refine your strategy. Maybe cold approaches and clubs, while damn fun... are just one part of your potential 'whole' strategy.

If you wanna meet hot but nice chicks when the b!tch shields are down, imo it'd be a good idea to try adding on another strategy to club/cold approaches. I havent done bootcamp yet but damn, I don't believe even the best DJ wouldn't EVENTUALLY feel down/and or exhausted with an intense amount of cold approaches and or club approaches, and rejections etc. Doesn't mean you shouldnt do it, just find other social contexts where the outcome isnt either straight rejection/affirmation, such as approaching friends of friends, hanging out with workmates [and their lady friends] and other more 'patient' activities. IMO Bootcamp would be fantastic for breaking thru mental/social barriers but clubs and cold approaches are kinda akin to 'hunting' at the waterhole [if i can use a David Attenbro Wildlife Documentary African praire metaphor], everyone you wanna eat is there but there is competition and they're all cautious and on the lookout. So don't give 'em up but perhaps add onto this with other strategies...try joining clubs [not nerdy ones], working at a shopping centre where there is a lot of prey etc. coffee shop, young cool retail etc. Think, you are a hunter, you need a hunting strategy, not just running around going after every piece of azz you see with full confidence. Yes, it is a numbers game IMO, but the Lion doesn't go after every gazelle he sees, he has a strategy, he paces himself. Maybe you need a whole plan, what's the best hunting grounds to go to?

Because, let's get this straight. This whole mating game is just like one of those frikkin nature documentaries and us, we're the hunters. We've gotta be smart about it. clubs and cold approaches are just one part of your total strategy.

You, Duke007 have decided to be the Lion. You have to put in the hours. You have decided to refine your craft, to wait patiently, to prepare yourself mentally and physically and spiritually for your quest to be the king of the prairie. You have to be easy on yourself,you're trying American techniques and adapting thru trial and error, especially, you're applying them in places where b!tch shields are on red alert. if those b!tches were too dumb, too shy, too immature to even be nice, who wants them? certainly not guys on the path of DJ'ism and that means not YOU. F*ck 'em [as in forget them... ;-) ]. They have no clue. Every once in a while your prey will get away, dumb luck, or they're dumb [most probably] or you're not yet good enough to catch 'em, whatever. But unlike some sort of Lion hunting metaphor, the prey gets something outta it too. so it's their loss. Move on. Refine. Keep Heartened. You, like the Lion, move on to where the hunting is better, or rest, knowing that tommorrow will be better. You're on the path, and doing things that before, you perhaps, would not have dreamed of.

I've gone off on a tangent, sorry. Anyhow, what I meant to say is that don't despair, when I have a late night and it's not spectacular, I can feel kinda sh*tty as well. Slap yourself. You're on the quest. Your quest. It's all a learning experience... you're frustrated cos you are determined to overcome your current challenge which means that you'll find a way. Forget 'em.

Take a rest. Reassess your strategy perhaps? unlike a lotta people, you're actually gettin your arse out there.

Look forward to your next post.

cant think of a user name

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Great job duke007, your progress through the bootcamp has been fun to read (same with all the other bootcamps). Just by reading those journals, I have become inspired to be more friendly - and now I talk to more people in general: at school as well as in public places like shops. I think once the shy-guy within realised: "hey its no big deal talking to strangers", it becomes easier to talk.

duke007

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
guys, I really appreciate all the encouraging words, especially Disu's lion metaphor. I'll remember that one when I out on the "savannah" next time. Thanks mate!

You've put me in a good mood....last night I was ready to launch into a huge rant about my lack of success.

You're right that nightclubs aren't the best places for me, let alone any Aussie guy, to pickup. I too see the irony, and it just doesn't make logical sense. I feel like my brain cells are diminishing each time I go because the whole subculture is so stupid. Nightclub 'games' are just bullsh1t and sometimes make me feel like a fraud.

And because all the girls have such a low attention span they have no way of knowing the kind of person you are in the real world.

Even when I do act like myself, like with Angie from the previous club report, it doesn't get me anywhere. The number was a fake...it got through some random girl called Nicole who probably thought I was some pathetic weirdo.

Typical club or flirting help always advises to, "maintain eye contact, smile, then approach." But my problem is I can never obtain eye contact let alone maintain it. I just never really get noticed compared to other guys...my complexion is pale and I don't really fit the typical "club look". My AFC friend later heaped praise on me for having the guts to grind that blonde in front of everyone, but he also said a blind approach like that had next to 0% chance of success. He recommended to just get eye contact and wait for go signals before approaching. This happened to him about 4 times he said, but he never knew what to say so he didn't make a move. I rarely get these opportunities.

It wasn't just the unsuccessful night out and the fake number that got me down though. It's also the fact that most other AFCs get girls even though they act like stupid p*ssies. Hearing about my friend screw up his blatant chance for sex pissed me off because in all my 21 years I've never been hit on like that.

And same with my inability to make some decent female friends. Remember HBKazakh from a few weeks ago? Well judging by the deep, philosophical crap we were talking about during the "date" and the fact that we "clicked" when I CA'd her (in her words), I figured she'd be a decent female friend. Well not so. I texted her to invite her and her friends clubbing with myself and some mates but she didn't even reply. I had a guest list too!

HBFrench snubbed me when trying to setup a group get together at a small bar.

And a taken girl from Uni who used to flirt with me like crazy seems disinterested in hanging out with me too. I got sick during mid year, which forced me to quit Honours at Uni and explain to her what was up with my health. Since then she's been distant. Last week I decided to ignore her apparent tepidness toward me (could be imagined) and invited her clubbing to "catch up". But she declined because she still had one exam left. Well her exam was Monday and she hasn't contacted me to make a counter-offer.

These three KNOW I'm confident and have little desire to steal them from their boyfriends. Why the hell aren't women even interested in befriending me let alone f*ck me? I've never had a female friend except my cousin...and she's frickin infatuated with me.

Guys I know seem to enjoy my company and repsect me as a good friend, and my growth from AFC to DJ has greatly improved my social skills but why don't the girls notice?

Just looking back on my past two years is a bit depressing. Bootcamp was my "second wind" in terms of DJing, which means I should theoretically progress quicker than a complete newbie. But my statistics read 68 approaches for only two dates (which barely count because the girls had no sexual interest anyway). The only time I've made out with a girl was July 2003, and since then my experience, skills, mindset, dress sense and size of my muscles have improved considerably. I really should be having more success but I just feel like I'm treading water.

It seems as if I have an invisible label on me that warns women to keep away. This really should have been shed by now...because I definitely don't walk around like a gloomy, desperate leper. It's like a "Kick me" sign or something.

And on Sunday night I had an extremely vivid dream that freaked me out a bit. You see I rarely EVER dream (or can't recall them anyway) and have never had a wet dream. It's a bit f*cked up so don't read if you hate this kind of thing

In this dream I was in a large shallow pool that was filled with bubbles. I was getting a bl0wjob from some hot random girl, but then after a short while she got bored and said I should finish myself off. I begged and begged like an AFC for her to resume but she wouldn't listen and eventually left the pool/bath. I flopped back down in despair and saw that there were two other naked girls about 5 metres away watching a widescreen TV. They ignored me. Then I said, "Well...looks like I'm still a virgin." At that they laughed and continued watching TV. Then the dream ended.

What the hell was that all about?

So that is rant I needed to get out of my system, even though I was cheered up today by playing some golf and reading your advice. My holiday to Fiji will recharge me even more, and then I'll put everything I have into getting a part time job before Christmas.

But yeah, in the meantime I'll be more intelligent about where I hunt and not get so upset with stupid attention wh0res.