Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Dude gets on his knee with a ring, asks my friend to be his GF. Thoughts?

Reaction score
Do girls really fall for this? Theyre 20.

Theyve known each other for a month and apparently they just hit it off right from the start. This dude got on his knee with a Tiffany ring and asked her to be his GF. She said yes and is all happy and whatever.

This just screams beta, why do certain girls fall for this? Every girl of the same age (20) I've asked has said it was desperate and a little pathetic, do some girls just fall for this cheesy stuff?

He's also purchased her $100 sunglasses and taken her out to dinner tons of times to these very nice restaurants (nothing wrong with taking a girl out though I guess)

You think shes out of there once the gifts and stuff stops coming in?

Burroughs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How will he feel when she gets gangbanged at a party during homecoming week? :crackup:

Will she be thinking about his tiffany ring when she is taking three cawks in every hole?

TillTheEndOfTime

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think this deal is old-fashioned even for a romantic proposal with a girl you've been dating for several years, let alone a girl you just met. Not beta or AFC, just silly and ridiculous.

Aristippus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The question shouldn't be "Do girls really fall for this?". It should be "Should a man feel like he has to buy a woman's attention?". And the answer to that is NO! He could still show her a good time without spending his entire paycheck every week on her.

He might not realize it, but by spending so much money on her so early on, and by putting her on a pedestal, and by not expecting her to contribute or do anything of value for him or show some generosity to him (no, I'm not talking about sex...she should buy him dinner sometimes or get him something), he's probably setting himself up for a future of thankless slavery to a woman who will eventually undervalue and take for granted his sacrifices.

Right now it's all fun and games. Either the relationship, like most, will run its course and then end, or, if he's unlucky, it will blossom into a long-term relationship and then a marriage. I say if he's unlucky because although this sounds like the normal way many relationships are, the average relationship is a relationship of one-sided generosity. Basically where the man is expected to be generous and nothing is expected from the woman except just being there. And he's setting it up to be a relationship where the generosity is one-sided.

There's nothing wrong with taking a woman out to dinner. Or buying her drinks. You have to test a woman also. And either observe if she will do for you or set situations up so she has the opportunity to do something for you. So the question I would ask is, would she buy me a drink too? Would she cook for me or buy me dinner sometimes? Is she putting effort into me? Will she surprise me with a little gift? Will she take some time to do me favors too?

Gentleman, the time for one-sided generosity in relationships is over. Be freely giving and freely love women, but only spend time with women who will be generous also. These two kids might really like each other and may even turn out to love each other, but this guy is setting up a situation where the generosity is one-sided. He probably isn't testing her at all to see if she's a giver or a taker, and if he finds a quality woman who is a giver and has good character, it will be by sheer dumb luck. He could very easily go down the road of being a slave for some woman, only to be divorced later and lose half of his life (time) and money. ::Looks ominously into his crystal ball::

Reaction score
The girl has bought dinner once because she felt it was necessary after all the times he's taken her out. He actually got mad at the fact that she took the tab and paid for it, and told her to never pay for it again. The relationship, all one month of it lol, has been pretty one sided.

PS. This girl has been my friend for 12 years so she tells me what goes on between them and stuff. She seems to really like him, but she could also really like the gifts and money this guy has. Hes pretty wealthy, forgot to mention that

P

perseverance

Whatever floats his boat, you may mock him, but he's gotten what he wanted; the girl.

It's not what I'd do, but everyone's different. I get the sense that you seem a little butthurt, not sure why that is if you're just friends?

Reaction score
perseverance said:
Whatever floats his boat, you may mock him, but he's gotten what he wanted; the girl.

It's not what I'd do, but everyone's different. I get the sense that you seem a little butthurt, not sure why that is if you're just friends?
Lol trust me, im not butthurt. I dont care, I'm just curious because I was taught this type of behavior doesnt work

TillTheEndOfTime

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
RustleYourJimmies said:
The girl has bought dinner once because she felt it was necessary after all the times he's taken her out. He actually got mad at the fact that she took the tab and paid for it, and told her to never pay for it again. The relationship, all one month of it lol, has been pretty one sided.

PS. This girl has been my friend for 12 years so she tells me what goes on between them and stuff. She seems to really like him, but she could also really like the gifts and money this guy has. Hes pretty wealthy, forgot to mention that
My guess is old money?

Trump

Banned
Reaction score
RustleYourJimmies said:
Lol trust me, im not butthurt. I dont care, I'm just curious because I was taught this type of behavior doesnt work
Totally agree with perservance.

There is no right or wrong way to win a girl. I have friend who treats his gf like crap and she can't get enough sex from him. I have another friend who buys his girlfriend all sorts of expensive things and she can't get enough of it.

The bottom line is you have to close the deal.

Groovy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
He asked her to be his girlfriend or his wife?

flashpoint

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
RustleYourJimmies said:
He actually got mad at the fact that she took the tab and paid for it, and told her to never pay for it again
that is a big red flag on his side. subconsciously he knows he is basically buying her and one move in another direction and he feels threatened already. sure she takes what is given to her but eventually this has to run its course. no chic can or will take you serious in the long run when you are full of insecurities. dude has no game and money cant buy you everything. he will learn that the hard way, that is like 100% certain.

P

perseverance

RustleYourJimmies said:

Your mistake is taking everything you read on this forum literally. What doesn't work on one girl will not necessarily be the case for another girl and vice versa. It would appear they are genuinely happy together after one month and I say good on them and good on him, I hope they're happy together.

SeymourCake

Banned
Reaction score
RustleYourJimmies said:
Apparently it did work and you obviously did care because you made a thread about it.

Reaction score
SeymourCake said:
Apparently it did work and you obviously did care because you made a thread about it.
Lol relax dude, I made the thread to see what you guys thought about his technique. Yes, it worked, which is why I'm asking you guys about your thoughts on the situation since we are taught to not do this type of sh*t

Naughty Ninja

Banned
Reaction score
flashpoint said:
that is a big red flag on his side. subconsciously he knows he is basically buying her and one move in another direction and he feels threatened already. sure she takes what is given to her but eventually this has to run its course. no chic can or will take you serious in the long run when you are full of insecurities. dude has no game and money cant buy you everything. he will learn that the hard way, that is like 100% certain.
Exactly.

This chick really "likes" him for what she's getting out of the deal for herself and to impress her friends and make them "jealous" no matter how "nice" she may seem. You think she'd do the same for him in reality if the shoe was on the other foot? Lol. If the dude can buy chicks good for him. Unfortunately he's "learning" how to get and "keep" chicks in a way thats going to fvck him royally somewhere down the line if he keeps it up and marries one of these chicks who eventually get bored of him or him of them and they divorce and get half. He's taking the easy way for now and after these two are done dating there'll be several other chicks in line looking to date the year round santa claus while doing naughty elsewhere but gassing his head up with him thinking they're so "nice". Eventually the sleigh will crash land in a bad ending if this dude doesn't work on himself. No use explaining it to him as he's most likely had things handed to him his entire life and thinks that's how things "work" and the op would be accused of being jealous. Let him learn the hard way THEN explain after this relationship what he did wrong.

This dude is showing himself as more of a provider than a lover. He'll keep investing while she keeps taking. She isn't putting a true stop to it is she? I doubt it. Once they break up he'll get all emo and fingerpoint rather than reflect on what he did wrong and claim women are fvcked up and after "all he did for her" as if buying someone the same way so-called "nice guys" think they're owed something because of it and someone should be"indebted" to them because of it means nothing is wrong with them but "women".

foreverAFC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yes it works sometimes. i know a few females who have had male friends cry in front of them and profess their love and all that, and the females were totally into it and went out with them. it happens.

TillTheEndOfTime

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Naughty Ninja said:
Exactly.

This chick really "likes" him for what she's getting out of the deal for herself and to impress her friends and make them "jealous" no matter how "nice" she may seem. You think she'd do the same for him in reality if the shoe was on the other foot? Lol. If the dude can buy chicks good for him. Unfortunately he's "learning" how to get and "keep" chicks in a way thats going to fvck him royally somewhere down the line if he keeps it up and marries one of these chicks who eventually get bored of him or him of them and they divorce and get half. He's taking the easy way for now and after these two are done dating there'll be several other chicks in line looking to date the year round santa claus while doing naughty elsewhere but gassing his head up with him thinking they're so "nice". Eventually the sleigh will crash land in a bad ending if this dude doesn't work on himself. No use explaining it to him as he's most likely had things handed to him his entire life and thinks that's how things "work" and the op would be accused of being jealous. Let him learn the hard way THEN explain after this relationship what he did wrong.

This dude is showing himself as more of a provider than a lover. He'll keep investing while she keeps taking. She isn't putting a true stop to it is she? I doubt it. Once they break up he'll get all emo and fingerpoint rather than reflect on what he did wrong and claim women are fvcked up and after "all he did for her" as if buying someone the same way so-called "nice guys" think they're owed something because of it and someone should be"indebted" to them because of it means nothing is wrong with them but "women".
Right on. Money and even power are not a replacement for a real man.

Naughty Ninja

Banned
Reaction score
TillTheEndOfTime said:
Right on. Money and even power are not a replacement for a real man.
Ive seen it happen over and over. Hell you just need to see how many famous rich dudes get taken to the cleaners from these "nice chicks". You invest. They only have to flash a smile and use the ***** power. It won't end anytime soon.

Even being generous with anyone. They'll continue to take and rarely reciprocate. Then you go berserk with how "generous, caring, and nice" you were and got taken when in reality you were using money etc. To buy friends, women etc.for your own selfish needs and get played like a clown because it was easier than doing the hard work of working on yourself. Fvck those people. They're just as bad as those who play them.

Aristippus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just because something works doesn't mean you should do it. There are many so-called players that sell their souls or their integrity just to get women. Then there are the whimpy men who feel like they have to worship the ground a woman walks on. They can get girls too sometimes. It's unpredictable for the sappy guys, which is why they call it "getting lucky". It also happens that when they get a woman, since they feel unworthy and like they're so lucky to have her (not in an appreciative way, more like in an "I don't have any options and am putting too much importance on this" way), they hold on for dear life. Once again, the player and the whimpy guy are putting women on a pedestal.

I knew a player that put up with too much sh!t from women. He took too much b.s. Too much disrespect. So again, they're paying a price. They don't really have their acts together like you might think. Their end goal is to simply bang women. They spend time with women that really don't care about them. They might have sex, but it's at a heavy cost. Some players will betray their friends to get the girl, or break up families, just for instant gratification.

To me the player who sells his soul is no better off than the sappy guys who feel like they have to grovel before a woman. You can be romantic without groveling and feeling you're not worthy of these women. And you can have sex with women without being dishonest and without taking their b.s. Without feeling you have to "trick" them into liking you and without wrecking other people's relationships. In my mind, you have to be willing to walk away. This could mean walking away because of the woman's behavior, or it could be walking away because she wants you but is in a relationship.

It could mean walking away because she is a taker or isn't of good character. It could mean walking away to keep from breaking up someone else's family. You will be willing to walk away more often than the player or the whimpy guy, but your integrity will be intact. Coincidentally, you'll also be able to get plenty of attention from women, but you do so ON YOUR TERMS and never sacrifice your integrity just to get sexually involved with a woman.

Reaction score
Aristippus said:
Just because something works doesn't mean you should do it. There are many so-called players that sell their souls or their integrity just to get women. Then there are the whimpy men who feel like they have to worship the ground a woman walks on. They can get girls too sometimes. It's unpredictable for the sappy guys, which is why they call it "getting lucky". It also happens that when they get a woman, since they feel unworthy and like they're so lucky to have her (not in an appreciative way, more like in an "I don't have any options and am putting too much importance on this" way), they hold on for dear life. Once again, the player and the whimpy guy are putting women on a pedestal.

I knew a player that put up with too much sh!t from women. He took too much b.s. Too much disrespect. So again, they're paying a price. They don't really have their acts together like you might think. Their end goal is to simply bang women. They spend time with women that really don't care about them. They might have sex, but it's at a heavy cost. Some players will betray their friends to get the girl, or break up families, just for instant gratification.

To me the player who sells his soul is no better off than the sappy guys who feel like they have to grovel before a woman. You can be romantic without groveling and feeling you're not worthy of these women. And you can have sex with women without being dishonest and without taking their b.s. Without feeling you have to "trick" them into liking you and without wrecking other people's relationships. In my mind, you have to be willing to walk away. This could mean walking away because of the woman's behavior, or it could be walking away because she wants you but is in a relationship.

It could mean walking away because she is a taker or isn't of good character. It could mean walking away to keep from breaking up someone else's family. You will be willing to walk away more often than the player or the whimpy guy, but your integrity will be intact. Coincidentally, you'll also be able to get plenty of attention from women, but you do so ON YOUR TERMS and never sacrifice your integrity just to get sexually involved with a woman.
Great read, thanks