Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Dry Sense Of Humor ?

She makes you weak in the knees.

But she won't give you the time of day.

Here is how to get her.

Matt ala Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by apvcovenman_79
WHAT YOU GUYS DO IF YOU HAVE A DRY SENSE OF HUMOR ??
Lower your caps and relax!

Maybe talk about the weather!

M.A.C.

apvcovenman_79

Don Juan
Reaction score
WHAT DOES IT MEAN A DRY SENSE OF HUMOR?

WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO HAVE A DRY SENSE OF HUMOR?

AND WHAT YOU DO TO CHANGE IT ???? OR TO IMPROVE IT ?

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
make the most of it

Having a dry sense of humor can be killer for picking up super-intelligent chicks.

And freaking the living hell out of ordinary ones.

Starman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
what do you do if you have a dry sense of humor?

rub some lotion on it

Starman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
that means dont rely on your sense of humor to get you anywhere fast, become a serial killer..they get alot of chicks

apvcovenman_79

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Starman
that means dont rely on your sense of humor to get you anywhere fast, become a serial killer..they get alot of chicks
you mean rely only on my sense of humor ? ...use it sparingly ??

SLIKKER_THAN_AVG

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A dry sense of humor isnt too bad, it just depends on how receptive the chick is to it.

Starman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A dry sense of humor means..you dont find funny things funny..you dont find humor in anything (kind of like mental retarded children who dont laugh at jokes..but they will laugh at a dead pigeon)

It means you are waay too serious and need to start looking for humor in everyday situations

(just like you didnt get the joke about adding lotion to a dry sense of humor)

so basically what you are asking is "How do I begin to find humor in things that are funny?"

If I knew the answer to that,, Id be a bazillionaire

Unregistered

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bah, a person with a dry sense of humor is sarcastic, and sort of unemotional. Their humor is more implied, so often times they are misunderstood.

InExtremis

Don Juan
Reaction score
First I wanna say that this is the craziest post I have seen, talk about overuse of caps, bold and just plain gibberish. :D

To me a dry sense of humour is someone who doesnt find humour or make humour in "normal" situations. Its hard to define cause "normal" is so vague.

You know how you get ppl that will laugh at almost everything (almost to the point where they get annoying), and how you get ppl that don't laugh at anything or find something wierd slightly humourous and can almost be percieved as grumpy? I think "normal" is somewhere in the middle.

Complicated topic. :D

seloifter

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
eh..... I could be wrong..... but I think a dry sense of humor isn't that you laugh at normal things....... it's more of being humorous or sarcastic in an impersonal or shrewd way.......

example: Oscar Wilde had a very dry wit. His lines, while very funny, are meant to be said as though they were ordinary comments.

In other words, a dry sense of humor is when you make jokes, but don't make it obvious that they're jokes. A more advanced version of this is Deadpan (which is where you tell a joke and act completely serious about it, as though it weren't a joke..... kinda the same thing but pushed a little more) In comedy, this is the most sophisticated kind of humor - and my personal favorite.

However, it of course has its downside - which is that some (read: most.... especially if they don't know you) just don't get that you're joking, and get the wrong impression of you.

How to cure it? When you first start with impressions, you can be a little more loose with your jokes........ laugh at them yourself (which is usually horrible, but works to get the understanding that you're joking out), or simply say "I'm joking".... then you can slowly go back to your dry humor....... and people will understand that you're joking - and appreciate the more sophisticated humor :)

Starman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I always thought dry sense of humor was dry, dull, boring..

vs

warped sense of humor, witty sense of humour, zany sense of humor etc

I think its somewhat translational..Dry sense of humor in europe or other undeveloped countries is sarcastic..witty..

where as in America Dry is Boring and dull

Ive never heard of someone with a dry sense of humor being funny

apvcovenman_79

Don Juan
Reaction score

I don't care if a killer threatens me with a gun ...nothing is going to happen to me honey .....I practice teak-wondo and karate.... I give him a toyota kick and leave him bleeding mitsubishi

Oscar Wilde

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Starman, that may be true about the cultural differences. It's a well known fact here among the Irish and Brits that Americans just don't get our humour, especially irony and sarcasm (unless it's pronounced obviously like Homer J. Simpson does it). So for us, dry may be extremely funny, and Americans will just pass right over it without seeing any humour whatsoever.

Take British comedies for example. Much more witty and less obvious than the standard American stuff (Friends makes a good stab at improving here, The Simpsons is extremely good at it, hence their popularity here).

That said, I've met a few West-coasters who are quite dry, they seem to get it a bit more than the average.

I live up to my pseudonym.

Oscar.

Kevon

Don Juan
Reaction score
they way I have heard it, a dry sense of humor, ive heard girls go on and on about guys with a dry sense of humor, I know, because for the longest time I was stuck in LJBF land, just learn what they mean by dry sense of humor, then figure out if it is a good thing, but the way I have heard it, you dont go right out and say things that are funny, your sense of humor is a little more refined, and you have to pay close attention, or they will miss your jokes