Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Drinking problem

Dustin

Don Juan
Reaction score
Alright so I used to be a heavy drinker I would only drink alcohol 40% or higher. but I got alcohol poison once and can't stand the smell or taste of it ...it makes me sick.. What should I do?

The Bad Ass Canadian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The alcohol content of your drinks doesn't dictate wether or not you're a heavy drinker. It's the frequency and the amount of alcohol you drink that determines this.

Just because you drink 40% rum every once and a while doesn't mean you're a bigger drinker then the guy who puts back a 12 pack of beer daily.

I'm guessing you're not such a heavy drinker if one instance of getting sick has turned you off from booze.

you should feel blessed that you can't stand drinking... It's a problem many people wish they had... instead, I've watched a guy who was such an alcoholic that he'd wake up in the morning, sick and hungover and force himself between vomiting spasms to choke down a bottle of rum... It wold take him 3-4 tries to get the rum to stay down.

you have it rough, man.

Dustin

Don Juan
Reaction score
I got alcohol poinson because I frak a 40 of Vodka by myself...They said I should of died...So I sould completely stop?

The Bad Ass Canadian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, it depends..... why do you want to drink?

What do you get from it, besides a hangover and an empty wallet?

just because others are too weak to say no to drinking doesn't mean you have to be like them. I used to drink alot and now I only do it every once and a while... I'm getting a bit older and my priorities have shifted from "get sh!tfaced every other night" to building my business and my life... Drinking should be for celebrations and not just because it's the weekend... I mean real celebrations like Xmas, a job promotion, an annual party, things that only come along maybe once every month or two.

I feel bad for the people who get caught in the weekend alcoholic cycle... I've been there and at one point i was a 4 nights a week alcoholic. always out getting smashed. Blew alot of money and wasted alot of time hungover. It's fine when you're 19-22 but as you get older, you realize what a wast of time it is.

manuva

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sounds like an attention wh*re to me. Get over yourself.

Titanium

Don Juan
Reaction score
The Bad Ass Canadian said:
I'm guessing you're not such a heavy drinker if one instance of getting sick has turned you off from booze.

Yeah, I agree with you there. As for your sad depiction....I have seen my father do similar things. I have seen him down more booze than I thought was humanly possible.

Growing up with these observations...I must say that I have not met many hardcore / or what I call 'true' alcoholics like that. When I do see them, they clearly, not getting by very well in life.

I have seen those who demonstrate the tendencies to go down that road. I also see many people who abuse alcohol....as well as those who drink irresponsibly. To me, each of these are all very different.

I really do not know much about alcoholism (technically speaking)....but recently I've been tossing around the idea of how some can be emotionally addicted (using alcohol as a coping mechanism) versus physically addicted, and both.

In the case of my father, he was supposedly addicted from the get go. He was frequently given whiskey, at a very young age, and I wonder how much this influences the chances of developing a real physical addiction. Versus someone who goes through a bad divorce and ends up drinking a lot for 5 years. Or someone who hasn't grown up out of their teenage 'party mode'.

Anyways...I know a lot of people that call themselves alcoholics...but to me, they often appear to be suffering from emotional issues foremost...and looking for a substance to abuse.

Similar to smoking...I sometimes wonder about those who quit 'cold turkey'...and I question how addicted they actually were. Considering that we can each be addicted in different ways...and to varying degrees to any substance.

For me, I'm going to need to be institutionalized to quit smoking...and drinking feels way to f*cking right. If I could always have 5 drinks in me, all of the time, everything would be very perfect. And knowing that scares the hell out of me.

As for the dating scene....it has been personally important to me, that I form relationships with those who do not demonstrate an inclination for alcohol.

Vulpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My parents, and most of my family including my now dead grandparents, all have been alcoholics. Most of them have quit, some have re-started, others have never quit.

So I've been very weary of how I use alcohol. My friends are skeptical when I tell them that I only drink socially, mainly on Friday nights at my ****tail parties. They think that, since I have such a huge amount of booze sitting around in my house (click the link in my sig if you haven't before), I must be drinking 24/7. To that I respond: "There is a time and place for everything."

I've done plenty of drugs, some I liked more than others. Nowadays, to keep myself in line, I reserve certain drugs for certain situations. For instance, passing a bowl around the campfire of deer camp is an appropriate time and place. Alcohol is best used in a party atmosphere, it's not very fun to rip a load when you are trying to do laundry by yourself. When someone has a "problem" it means that they do drugs at inappropriate times and/or at inappropriate places.

Phyzzle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When someone has a "problem" it means that they do drugs at inappropriate times and/or at inappropriate places.
I once swore that I would stop taking drugs unless I was going to a concert.

Two weeks later, I noticed that I had been to some concert or other every night for the past 14 days . . . .

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Padron Reserve maduro in hand while finishing my b
Dustin said:
Alright so I used to be a heavy drinker I would only drink alcohol 40% or higher. but I got alcohol poison once and can't stand the smell or taste of it ...it makes me sick.. What should I do?

This is absolutely ludicrous. You had alcohol poisoning and you're unsure whether or not to stop drinking? This is like asking a gay man to not chug c0ck. Should you stop doing that as well?

Titanium

Don Juan
Reaction score
Vulpine said:
They think that, since I have such a huge amount of booze sitting around in my house (click the link in my sig if you haven't before), I must be drinking 24/7. To that I respond: "There is a time and place for everything."
Yeah, I saw that a while ago. You have my favorite rum...as well as Knob Creek Bourbon. (I'm adding you to my respect list). I actually thought of your sig line when I had several Martini's last weekend. You lied; Unlike titties....two were not enough.

Anyways, I am also quite cautious with alcohol for the same reasons you mentioned...yet sometimes I like to have a drink while 'doing the laundry'....while in my own element per se. (But supposedly, this is not a wise thing to do - one is not supposed to drink alone; although, I am not that extroverted, socially speaking). Once or twice a week is where I like to keep it. I just find it unsettling though, bitter sweet perhaps, just how 'wonderful' a drink can be.

I'm not sure if alcoholic tendencies, as passed down through family, are inherited, learned, or both. I wonder, what are the statistics.

Vulpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Titanium said:
I actually thought of your sig line when I had several Martini's last weekend. You lied; Unlike titties....two were not enough.
You must've been having little "mosquito bite" martinis.
:nono:

I'm talking "Double-D's".

..\/
._|_
:yawn:
versus

\____________/
..\................./..../
....\............./..../
......\.....( 0 )../
........\..( 0 )./
..........\./.../
............\../
.............| |
.............| |
.............| |
.............| |
._____/ \______
:whistle:

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
They think that since I have such a huge amount of booze sitting around in my house, I must be drinking 24/7

I have run into that, too. Alcoholics have empty liquor cabinets, because they drank it all.

Yuriy777

Don Juan
Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:
They think that since I have such a huge amount of booze sitting around in my house, I must be drinking 24/7

I have run into that, too. Alcoholics have empty liquor cabinets, because they drank it all.
At that point do the liquor cabinets just become 'cabinets'? :confused:

Dustin

Don Juan
Reaction score
I never said I ws an alcoholic...I said It makes me sick when i drink liquor.

SELF-MASTERY

Banned
Reaction score
How about bot drinking alcoholic beverages, it can't be that hard. I use to drink nothing but clear potent spirits and 4 beers on the way to class everyday, and the last drink I have had was one beer at a concert.... Every once and a while I have the urge for jack n coke, but I never give in.

SELF-MASTERY

Banned
Reaction score
you are like the cookie eating fatty that screams cookies make me fat while stuffing your face with misdirected pleasure.

Titanium

Don Juan
Reaction score
Dustin said:
I never said I ws an alcoholic...I said It makes me sick when i drink liquor.
Didn't mean to stray from your point...

Some people are allergic to alcohol, to varying degrees; I can't drink wine, I get a head ache so bad I want to shoot myself in the head. I stick to the 'hard' alcohol instead.

My mom is very allergic to alcohol...all kinds of horrible things happen when she has a drink. She goes insane, throws up, becomes unconscious.

Perhaps you should see what kind of alcohol resonates best for you...and if none do, consider that you have an intolerance to it?

Then again, I see people, (particularly unexperienced drinkers) do stupid things....like guzzle from a bottle, and throw up. Or just drink too hard and too fast. The body can just become very adverse to it. With zambuca, I am the same way as you described. Had a bad experience with it, and I can't stand to even smell it. That's the body and mind communicating to say, danger -stay away. I would try drinking something very different than the particular alcohol you became sick from.

Drink carefully. Consider that it is poison to the body - let your body get used to it.

Last edited:

Titanium

Don Juan
Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:
Even cooking wine is not safe. (think I saw some in Vulpine's collection).

Vulpine...cool Martini glasses. complete w/ olive.
No mosquito bites, I was having double Martinis, of some weird concoction - not the classic kind. And I'm not sure if I'll be doing that again. I like to stick to one kind of drink- dark rum works well.