Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Drink Green Tea if you want to get ripped

david_med@hotmail.com

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
hey yall,
i finally decided to try some green tea after hearing so much about it... prevents cancer, has mad antioxidants, helps with fat loss etc. almost everything implicated about this tea was positive. so i gave it a go... i had one of my asian homegirls get me a stash of this stuff and i brewed a heavy mix last nite.

let me tell you, this shyt is potent. depending on how sensitive you are to stimulants, i would say that drinking about two cups of potent green tea is as strong as one or two ripped fuels... gets your heart beating with no real side effects.

definately try this stuff. its better then hitting all that over the counter thermogenic crap thay may give you cancer in the long run.

just do a search on "green tea health benefits" on yahoo and see for yourself.

i think im just gonna drink one cup after breakfast and one after lunch and then im straight. i hit one on an empty stomach and it got me wired as hell.

anyone else have experiences with green tea, just holla back,
peace
-dave

Jig

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Soshyopathe:
Anything herbal can claim to do anything.
Do some Medline searches of scientific articles about green tea studies before you start throwing comments like this.

And david, I've also started to use it, although black tea is much more common here where I live. It's especially a good addition to use with other thermogenic agents, like ephedra/ephedrine and caffeine.

Viroid

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Guess what i was drinking when i read this?

Peppermint green tea.

"Refreshing natural tea containing antioxidants (including EGCg)."

DJ de Florida

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I replaced my coffee drinking with green tea. I don't have more than two cups a day. It seems to flush my plumbing faster than coffee.

------------------
Don Juan de Florida

Jig

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Soshyopathe:
Any green tea will do?

Yep. I usually drink just plain green tea, but flavored varieties will do also. Just check that green tea is the main ingredient.

future marine

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i guess ill give it a go

------------------
pain is weakness leaving the body

a good offensie is better than than the best defensive

Conradd

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Jig:
Do some Medline searches of scientific articles about green tea studies before you start throwing comments like this.

And david, I've also started to use it, although black tea is much more common here where I live. It's especially a good addition to use with other thermogenic agents, like ephedra/ephedrine and caffeine.

whats the site name for medline?

Aiken_Drum

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The stimulant in the tea it´s caffeine, so try to don´t get hooked to it or it´ll lose it´s great effects (ask any coffe junkie).

------------------
"In doing good, avoid notoriety; in doing evil, avoid self-awareness" Duncan Idaho, Mentat (Dune).

"I can imagine a perfect world, a world without hate, a world without war. Then I can imagine us attacking that world
because they'd never expect it." --Jack Handey's "Deep Thoughts"

david_med@hotmail.com

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
jig,
good point. there are a lot of asian studies that have documented how green tea raises metabolism and controls fat gain, not just weight gain. well done studies.

there was one study that compared people who took a placebo, caffeine pill, and caffeine and green tea extract. they found caffein and green tea raised the metabolism the highest. and apparently mice on green tea and caffeine gained less fat when they were all put on the same high calorie diet.

anyhow, search for yourself. i was convinced. plus, asians drink tons of it a day, so it cant be that bad.. just dont over do it and drink tons of water cuz its a diuretic.

happyfatloss,
-dave

Lorenzo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'ma stick to 1/2 gallon of water and a liter of Diet Coke, and a 1/4 gallon skim milk a day - thanks.

In all seriusness -

"Some things are more everything than they are something."

Bodybuilding is one of those things. Changing one tiny thing makes virtually no difference. Weather you drink green tea or skim milk, if your runnin 5 mi a day your gona get a super low BF.

------------------
Moderator - Juan
Anthony (Lorenzo)
AIM: KinoOI
E-mail: KinoOI@HotMail.com

The DJ Bible ~or~ The High School Don Juan Bible

. . /} . .
._/OO\_ .
. . ) ( . .
. . |/ . .
. ./|. . .
. .' '. . .

“Carpe Diem."
"The little things... there's nothing bigger, is there?"
"When you are sure you know something through and through... be sure, also, that by changing your perspective, you'll know nothing at all"

[This message has been edited by Lorenzo (edited 07-11-2002).]

Jig

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Lorenzo:

Bodybuilding is one of those things. Changing one tiny thing makes virtually no difference.

Good point, but changing many tiny things may result in something big

Jester

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I dont respond to stimulants, atleast, not caffeine. I had 23 ounces of Arizona green tea with honey today, i fell asleep about 25 min after.

Whether this had any baring on my metabolism i dont know, but it sure didnt make me hyper.

Any insights?

david_med@hotmail.com

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
jester, if you dont respond to caffeine, then green tea may not be for you. but caffeine is not the only thing in it that stimulates your metabolism...otherwise plain coffee would be fine.

green teas are different. some are more potent than others. try checking out an asian market and see what they have to offer. ask if they have a potent kind available. i know on the net they sell really potent shyt from japan.

if you dont feeling like killing yourself trying to find a good green tea, try that bottled grean tea by TAZO. its fairly potent.

also,
i would rather drink green tea than coffee.

david_med@hotmail.com

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Drink This, Drop Pounds? Some Say So!

By Cathryn Conroy, Netscape News Editor
Sip a magic potion and lose weight? Yeah, sure. But maybe, just maybe that's a benefit of green tea, the ancient brew long preferred by the Chinese. According to controversial research from the Institute of Physiology at the University of Fribourg in Switzerland, green tea helps us lose weight because it helps burn up calories and fat

The study, which was published in the International Journal of Obesity, points to previous animal and human studies that show that green tea extract increases thermogenesis. This process, reports WebMD, is the generation of body heat that occurs as a result of normal digestion, absorption, and metabolization of food. Led by Abdul Dulloo, the Swiss study used rats and concluded that green tea containing caffeine increased thermogenesis by 28 percent to 77 percent depending on the amount ingested, as well as energy expenditure and fat loss. And that means what? Green tea may be an effective way to lose weight. Too good to be true? WebMD thought so and asked one of its own researchers to review the Swiss study. Sheri Zidenberg-Cherr, Ph.D., who is an associate professor of nutrition at the University of California, Davis, concedes that the Swiss research is interesting, but cautions that results may not apply to humans. "It doesn't rule out the significance of the findings, and it is a good model to use...but until better clinical trials are done in humans, it's hard to say what the physiological significance of this actually may be."