Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Dressing nicer is getting expensive

frivolousz21

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
just go and walk around till you see stuff u like..

try it on and if u like it wear it

josekortez

Don Juan
Reaction score
You can find nice clothes at Target, T.J. Maxx, A.J. Wright, J.C. Penney, and Sears for cheap all the time. A true DJ doesn't need labels to make him.

coded

Reaction score
the clothes i like to wear are

There are different brands,

Casual wear I normally wear 7, D&G or Diesel jeans. With Dsquared, Diesel, Fcuk or Abercrombie tshirts. With Diesel shoes. I like these brands of jeans because they fit nice and I like their low rise fit.

A little nicer wear, I love Hugo Boss. I have many long sleeve shirts, pants and shoes.

It gets expensive, but I have my style which I am happy with.
:)

jakeyboy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
personally to me, brands don't matter, i can wear a tank top, jeans that don't cost much, and a pair of cool shades and girls still tell me i look good.

its not about brands per se. its about feeling comfortable in what you are wearing, be it branded or not. some may feel uncomfy walking around in cheap jeans, while others may feel perfectly happy in them

its your personal sense of style.

if the clothes fit, they look darn good, why wouldn't you buy them...? because they aren't branded?

sure people judge a book by its cover, but they're not going to scrutinize every brand tag that lies on your body.

have a good body build, buy clothes that look good on you, maybe pamper yourselves once in awhile and buy something expensive, but just don't overdo it.

there are many cheaper alternatives to expensive clothes, that look just as good, and feel just as good, for a lesser price.

spend your dough wisely.

AMF

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
"It is clear that the distinction between what is me and what is mine, is not entirely clear."

A quote I like, I forget who by.

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Guess I'm just really lucky then. I get my clothes for less than a quarter. :D

My mom works at a second hand store that gives away brand new clothes for a quarter or less. It is very cool especially after the holidays.

PoloBlue

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by lYlasTer
Okay I'm curious of those of you that go to Kohl's. I like the dressy shirts like you find at Banana Republic, ones where you can roll up the sleeves and look good with jeans. What would be some good brands at Kohl's in terms of quality.
DOCKERS is an excellent brand of clothing, shoes, belts, nice quality, not expensive

almost eveything is made overseas by cheap labor anyways:

China,Vietnam, Cambodia, India, Bangladesh, Philippines, UAE, Guatamala, Honduras,etc.

Zerro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
frivolousz21 said:
$115 bucks for JEANS!!!!!!
Those things better zip themselves for you and come with a 100,000 mile warranty for that price. Normally I'd buy 6 pairs for that amount, not that I would as I tend to just cycle through the same 2 or 3 pairs anyway.

Swampcamel

Don Juan
Reaction score
I like to find locally-owned exchange stores that actually seed through what they sell for what actually looks good. They'll pay for the clothes that get brought in, and they're good quality, fit well, look nice. You'll spend 15-30 on jeans, 10-20 on a shirt that sold for 50 when it was new a year ago. Most of the stuff doesn't look worn cause they're picky. These stores are hard finds, but most major cities will have 'em.

Falcon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
$100+ for a pair of jeans is not much at all. I have two pairs of jeans that cost me about $130 each.. they have lasted me for years. You seriously don't need that many pairs of jeans either.

Dress shirts... I have three really cool shirts that I have for going out that cost me about $215 each. I bought these over the years. They are European fit and tailored to me as I just find that it fits my body type way better than american clothing made for an ever-growing fattier population. It's hilarious what they call "slim fit" these days :crackup:

If you know how to take care of your clothing, a couple hundred is well worth it and can go a long way granted you get the right style and fit for you. Money seriously shouldn't be an issue. I've blown $100+ easily at a club for a night with drinks, bottle service, etc. I'm sure many of you have too. Or on electronics, or on whatever. Clothing is no different, and likely will even last longer and will convey more about you. Anyone can save for it. The brand means nothing compared to the actual style of the clothing and how it fits you and makes you feel.

Quality over quantity. Doesn't mean you can't find good clothing for cheaper. It's just if you're willing to spend more, you will have more options.

yougottaknow90

Don Juan
Reaction score
The replies in this topic are telling of how many dudes on this site likely dress like azz.

nroug7

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Fvck that, second hand stores are where it's at.
I'll take my suits, leather jackets and everything else while I'm there thank you.

handle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You should learn to shop around... I wear some overpriced brand name stuff too but I always get it for a steep discount. There are very few times you should buy full price.
Obviously if you know what you're doing sometimes dropping a bunch of money is worth it... But I'm going to be a condescending jackass and assume that you don't know what you're doing.

If you buy good quality stuff it will last a long time. I barely buy clothes anymore because I have a fully stocked wardrobe and I take care of my stuff.

Also... Timberland dress shoes?

pdx1138

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you've got your measurements down, Ebay is actually a great place to save on expensive clothes.

When I last redid my wardrobe,
I bought 4 pairs of NEW or barely worn Rock and Republic designer jeans (retail $ 300 ea) for less than $ 80 each.

nismo-4

Reaction score
From New Orleans, Louisiana to Atlanta, Georgia!!!
It's the man wearing the clothes as opposed to the brand names.

Money wise, you're just paying for a name. I could wear some sh*t from Ross, Target, Walmart, TJ Maxx, Marshall's, Ross, etc and look fly!

I also shop on ebay! Try getting some expensive sh*t from there. It's usually cheaper.

nroug7

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
nismo-4 said:
It's the man wearing the clothes as opposed to the brand names.

Money wise, you're just paying for a name. I could wear some sh*t from Ross, Target, Walmart, TJ Maxx, Marshall's, Ross, etc and look fly!

I also shop on ebay! Try getting some expensive sh*t from there. It's usually cheaper.
It's also about how well the clothing fits. Note by fits, the clothing shouldn't be hanging far off of your body.

That's why I can thrift shop so effectively and come up with a look. It needs to be tight, versatile and out there. Don't use standard color combos you see everywhere, you need to seem "Fashion forward"
Navy's and Grey's etc work well with suit type clothing, though that's becoming more popular now.
Black is way too formal.
I've seen black on black and it's a nice look, but I don't think it's very popular atm.

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
still same price nine years removed!

- comic_relief