Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Dressing Nicely

sega18

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I recently went to a house party with some old high school people whom I hadn't seen in a couple years. I wore khakis, a yellow dress shirt, a blue tie, and a light blue sweater. I was getting lots of attention from the females. Others were wearing T-shirts, sweatshirts and jackets. The women of course were dressed up. Dressing up yourself (I think) puts you on their level. It makes you stick out in a positive way.

-Sega

HalfAddict

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oklahoma where the wind comes sweeping down the pl
I used to do it all of the time. I like to hit the bars overdressed. It is almost the same as peacocking, but instead of looking like an a$$hole you look respectable.

Black slacks, dress shoes, black shirt, white tie, slick hair. Works nicely for me.

FairShake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dressing up definitely works to your advantage. But motherfvck that.

Besides, how often do you really need a suit?

dandellion

Don Juan
Reaction score
I always like to dress smart: Makes you seem serious and stand out!

Here are some other tips which work for me;

- When folding up your shirt/sweater, leave it BELOW your elbow! It makes your guns look bigger! And never fold a shirt up more then twice (dont roll it!).

- Make sure you IRON your shirts and other clothes, the devil is in the details. And it impresses los chicas!

- Get rid of ALL your "FUNNY QUOTE/PICTURE" T-shirts, in general, only wear single-color t-shirts. The Attention should be on YOU, not your "funny" t-shirt. But they can be blue/purple/etc.

- DONT Wear TRAINERS, I see American guys doing it ALL THE TIME; and it annoys the hell out of me. Get some smart shoes with leather soles, they WILL make you dance better and the sound they make when you walk is unmissable ;)

- DO wear LAYERS, and keep the lowest one the brightest! A Maroon/Dark Blue Cardigan and white T-shirt is a good example. Why Layers? They make you look bulkier then you are, this is especially good if you have a very skinny frame.

- Unless you are blonde, dont wear too dark clothes; It works if you are blonde and pale, but just makes you look like a douche if you have dark hair and skin (or some kind of wannabe gangster).

- If you have to wear a jacket; make sure its not a SUIT jacket (unless its a formal occasion) but a nice "blazer"; you can get many cool ones.

- Make sure you are wearing the clothes, not the other way around. Not too tight, but tight is better then too lose, unless you are obese or have some weird deformation.

- Leaving one of your shirt front "flaps" out, makes you look more casual and fun!

- If its warm and shorts weather, get ones that are above your knees! Also folding them up once works well, for me at least.

- Unbutton the top two buttons of your shirt, bring that chest out! Its not that tacky, and works very well if you wear a dark shirt and have a decent tan.

- This one is going to sound VERY gay, but has done the trick for me several times: If you are pre-drinking with some girlfriends (not some you are going to fvck), it can be great to ask one of them to put some, very little, MASCARA on you. Particularly if you are blonde, like me, and have eye-lashes that are hardly visible. This only works for clubs, where its pretty dark, and people generally dont see it; but it really makes your eyes stand out (thus making YOU stand out). Completely understandable if you think this to too gay or whatever (floats my boat though!); and even makes said girls often want to wing me.

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Makeup is slowly being introduced into the male market, who knows some kind of rebranding in the future may see it as acceptable as moisturisers. If you are hitting the clubs at nights spraytanning which Neil Strauss recommends will get you notised. Choose a good salon that does a professional job.

lockout

Don Juan
Reaction score
020204 said:
Makeup is slowly being introduced into the male market, who knows some kind of rebranding in the future may see it as acceptable as moisturisers. If you are hitting the clubs at nights spraytanning which Neil Strauss recommends will get you notised. Choose a good salon that does a professional job.
i used cover-up growing up (i had acne) and it helped a LOT but don't any more seems out there..

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
never be afraid to be the best dressed man in the room.

It's also a quick way to help get over any looks issues you might have.

but if you have looks and you can dress, the rest of the guys int he vicinity are playing for your scraps.

that's another reason if not the sole reason why I am stuck where I am with my weights... i could very well bulk up if i wanted to but I really like being able to comfortably fit a 31-32 waist jeans and slacks.

I'll let you in on another secret as well. when women know you can dress and you take clothes very seriously like i do, guess who they call to come with them to the mall to "give advice" when they are trying on skirts and 2 piece swim suits :). when i was single i'd go tot he mall 2-3 times a month with women just because women wanted my input on what i thought looked nice.

fvck the peacock bull****. learn how to dress like a real man. learn how to put clothes together. learn how to get creative with your wardrobe. develop your own style.

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If you have a descent body wearing shirts which are a size too small can accentuate your physique immensely. I will often buy shirts or polos which are either XS or S, as they will give me a much buffer look.

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I consider myself a reasonably fashionable guy, what I find useful is having a favourite shop which conveys the kind of look I want to convey. My favourite is Tarocash and feel pretty confident that everything they have on the manequins will look great on me, this is my formular. I am also into surfing and the gym. Surfwear is kind of easy as there is tonnes of variety as I live on the coast, as for gymwear for men it is kind of a neglected market.

Nutz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh, and don't forget: a guy in a well-fitted suit is to women what lingerie is to men. The keyword being well-fitted. If you don't know what a suit or dress shirt & pants SHOULD look like, hit up that MFA link I posted and hit the sidebar.