Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Dream Boxing Matches

Reyaj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here's a few that could cause some debate:

Jake LaMotta VS Bernard Hopkins

I say LaMotta by KO late.

Rocky Marciano VS Larry Holmes

Marciano by KO late

Cassius Clay vs Joe Louis

Clay by KO

Anyone else have opinions on this?

Mojo604

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
What a disgrace! No one else has answered!

I gues were the only boxing fans here, buddy.

Vitali Klitschko VS Lennox Lewis II

(prime-to-be) Miguel Cotto VS Roberto Duran

Miguel Cotto VS Tito Trinidad --at 147lbs

thats all i can come up with for now...:cool:

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Marciano vs. Holmes? I'd take Holmes by late round KO, just based upon his being in a different weight class, looking at it in modern terms.

Ali (1967) vs. Lennox Lewis could be interesting, but I'd definitely take Ali by decision. Though Lewis was pretty impressive when he was really prepared for a fight.

Howzabout the Sugar Rays? Robinson vs. Leonard. I'd take Leonard in the late rounds.

Gotta hand it to lennox lewis for staying retired. So many great fighters have tarnished their careers by not knowing when to quit already.

Dillinger

Don Juan
Reaction score
I thought lewis was coming back?

Mojo604

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
No Lewis is not comin back. Good choice.

undesputable

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
joe frazier vs. mike tyson

alphawolfx

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
martin luther king vs. adolf hitler

undesputable

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by alphawolfx
martin luther king vs. adolf hitler
haha, ill put my money on mr. king

alphawolfx

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
merlin vs. gandalf

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
King would kick Hitler's azz

... but Stalin might have been a tougher bugger.

Stalin vs Ganghis Khan

I'd take Stalin by disqualification after Khan kicks him in the nuts.

Mojo604

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Prime George Foreman VS Prime David Tua

:eek:

the slugfest...:( ...would be beautiful.

(or Tyson -vs- Tua)

Reyaj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Spinks beat Holmes, and Marciano is a greater fighter than Spinks. He knocks Holmes out man!!!!!!!!

Sugar Ray Robinson is the greatest P4P of all time. He beats Sugar Ray Leonard by KO late.

Both Foreman and Tyson would knock out David Tua IMO

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Spinks beat a fat, old Holmes! Means nothing! Thats like saying Johnson beat Roy, and Bernard beat Johnson, so BHOP is greater than Roy.....even though we know Roy schooled BHOP. Doesnt mean anything, a Prime BHOP was the one around the time he fought Tito, a Prime Roy was the one who fought at super-middle, and a Prime Johnson is NOW!

As for the matchups, MAN, the two Sugars vs eachother would be the best I could think of, and I would take Ray Robinson any day of the week, probably by decision, after putting Leonard down a couple of times! Especially Ray Robinson over the 15 rounds. These are the two greatest fighters of all-time IMHO.

As for some of the other fights mentioned:

A PRIME Tua (the one that fought Ibeabuchi), not the lazy plodding Tua, could give Foreman a tough time, but I would take Foreman by decision.

Tyson V Frazier, Tyson KO3

Marciano V Holmes, Holmes by close decision. Boxing just changed too much over that time, and Holmes Jab, movement and speed would be too much for the slow Marciano.

Ali V Lewis, Ali. Lewis, even in his big fights, did not look spectacular. He looked slow and had a low output when disposing of a past it Holy. His main attribute is his KO power, but then again, Ali would take his best on the chin, any day of the week. Ali by decision.

Vitali Klitschko VS Lennox Lewis II, Lewis is old and would be ruined now in a rematch, Klit KO5

(prime-to-be) Miguel Cotto VS Roberto Duran, lol, Duran and Cotto are in a different universe when it comes to boxing, Duran KO5 or decision.

Miguel Cotto VS Tito Trinidad --at 147lbs, Tito KO8

Jake LaMotta VS Bernard Hopkins, man, could be damn close, LaMotta in his face all night, much as Echols was, but LaMotta would remain there for 15 rounds. The fight would be very very close, as BHOP has a granite chin and had a HUGE punch-output in his prime, too close to call.

Cassius Clay vs Joe Louis, another fight nearly too close to call. I will say Clay by CLOSE CLOSE CLOSE decision. Both were the most complete heavyweight fighters ever to grace the sport.

All these fights are assuming the fighters mentioned are in their PRIME.

Some of my own dream matchups:

Roldan V Echols
DLH (lightweight) V Henry Armstrong
Mayweather Jr, V Saddler or Pep
DLH (light-welter), v Tszyu or Pryor
Hearns (welter), V Robinson
Hagler V Monzon

I have hundreds more, but I will just leave it at that.

baracus

Don Juan
Reaction score
I always wanted to see Tyson vs. Foreman (first comeback instead of prime Foreman--as to make it somewhat competitive). There's no doubt in my mind that Foreman would've taken Tyson's heart.

torqueboxer

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ever see that old special about tyson where he went to the Jr Olimpics and knocked out that German kid in 13 seconds? Tyson was like 13-14 years old. He put the kid out for minutes afterwards.

Not quite a boxing fight ,but, I would like to see a in his prime Hoyce Gracie Vs. Chuck Liddel.

Reyaj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I still say Marciano beats Holmes. Marciano has a bigger heart.

Ray Robinson beats Leonard. I'd give LaMotta a good shot at knocking out Leonard at middle as well.

Foreman vs Tua and Tyson vs Tua are very tough fights to call. I'd say that if either of them fought in their prime, someone is getting knocked out!!!

Tito is an all time great, he beats Cotto at this point.

If Max Schmelling can knock out Joe Louis, so could Clay.

I'd pick Monzon over Hagler and Tsyzu vs DLH is too close to call.

I don't know enough about the other fighters to comment.

baracus

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by torqueboxer
Ever see that old special about tyson where he went to the Jr Olimpics and knocked out that German kid in 13 seconds? Tyson was like 13-14 years old. He put the kid out for minutes afterwards.

Not quite a boxing fight ,but, I would like to see a in his prime Hoyce Gracie Vs. Chuck Liddel.
Royce would never be able to take Chuck down, nor would he simply be able to pull Chuck into his guard--Chuck's wrestling is too good. Chuck would do what Sakuraba did to Royce, only it would be much more viscious.

Iceman via unanimous decision.

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Louis V Foreman, the fight could go either way. Foreman has a SOLID chin, but as Ron Lyle showed, he can definately by all means be hurt! Then again, Louis has been down many a time himself. Both are huge hitters, Foreman a lot larger man, but Louis a LOT more skilled boxer in terms of footwork, defence, jab, speed etc. Louis is also a far more precise puncher and is far superior when it comes to ring generalship.

I say the fight would either go to Louis by decision, with both men going down in the process.

Or Foreman comes out and with his huge natural size advantage stops Louis in 5.

Styles make fights, and this is a bad matchup for Louis. That being said, I would take Louis 6 times out of 10 against Foreman.