Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Doomsday

AC/DC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well I've been going out with my girlfriend for about 3 weeks now, by far the best girlfriend I've ever had. I knoew her for maybe a month before. But, her best friend I have known the for last year, and she is just totally the match for me. I really care about both of them and both of them care about me.

I love my girl and she loves me, but I like her best friend, we just seem so perfect together... A side note: my girlfriends last boyfriend, her first one, broke up with her for the same girl I'm attracted to now (it didn't quite work out).

I don't wanna hurt my friends, but as a Don Juan I taught myself to reach for my dreams...

Sebastian, who is stumped for once.

Anson

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You are making it soo complex. Which it's not. It's quite simple, actually; you are there only to have fun. Especially if you haven't been together more than three weeks and you haven't even known her for 2 months, then you shouldn't make it as if she was definetly the one for you. Just go and have fun!

Now, let's dig in to your problem. I can't say what's the right choice, but I've been in that situation before and I've solved these issues with a few simple questions I've asked from myself:

1. Are you and your gf going out exclusively? I assume you are since you call her your "gf"... but if not, then I see no problem with seeing two girls. If yes, then...

2. Are you happy with your girlfriend? If you are, and if you are dating her exclusively, then you are not going to dump her. If you think that you could be happier with the other one, then you dump your current gf. It's as simple as that!

And remember that you can't truly know a person if you've known her for like 2 months. You are not there to be her husband, you are there to have FUN. So, just have fun and do the thing that feels better.

Really, I don't see what is so complex in it.

AC/DC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, the fact that they are best friends might deter me...

drixsa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
it can almost never work out

this one is a real toughy

see heres the thing:

if you dump her you are the ******* espically if it is for her friend

her friend will have to basically choose between you and her

also girls are extremely territorial so even after you break up you are still "her's" in her eyes and quite possibly her friend's aswell

the only thing id suggest is to:

1. talk to your friend right now and see if the interest is mutual

2. if that works try introducing her to other dudes and puttin her on the side.

this may be the toughest and most interesting thing ive seen in the HS forum in a while

good luck

seloifter

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
it's hard to give advice in this situation, because you're in a lose-lose scenario.

The harsh truth is that there's a 95% chance that if you try to go for the other girl, things will only get ****ed up.
First of all, you'll hurt your current girlfriend.
Second of all, chances are the other girl won't want to see you.
and third of all, if she does see you, you're ruining their friendship.

Now, the fact of the matter is, as "perfect" as this girl may be, there are plenty of other girls you will find that will be just as compatible........

Titus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by AC/DC
I don't wanna hurt my friends, but as a Don Juan I taught myself to reach for my dreams...
You'll always get hurt and beaten as a "DJ." And reaching for your dreams goes hand in hand with it.

kevbo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
what an interesting time for me to read this. just today, i felt the worst part of my wanting to break up with my girlfriend. my previous girlfriend and i lasted four months and got nowhere, so i broke up with her. lately, i've been getting all these images of me and her in my head and i can't keep 'em out. the only reasons i don't just go ahead and try goin for her (now that we're both a bit more experienced and i know it'll go further) are:
1) she's currently going out with my oldest, who is also one of my best, friend (which is why i know i can't go for her. i would never be able to do something like that to my friends).
2) she's pretty good friends with my girlfriend, so like drixsa said, it wouldn't work because it'd mean jessica having to choose between me and my girlfriend. she'd most definitely choose not to go out with me because then aubree wouldn't hate her and she'd have the best chance of staying friends with me.
3) we are pretty good friends, but i really can't tell if she still likes me or not, but i know that she'd rather stay with my friend.

since i now make moves just out of habbit, i keep having to stop myself from moving over and kissing her or something. in any case, i think i'll break up with my girlfriend and just wait til i decide on someone else. on the other hand, i feel really down right now. maybe it's because of the stuff the dermatologist gave me (accutane. he said that it can aggravate depression and stuff. i wasn't depressed when i went on it, but i've been dehydrated to the extreme and in less of an "on top of the world" mood), but i know that this whole situation is making it a lot worse.

InsidiousNstinct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Somewhere between the cities of Lost and Found
A Real Don Juan would suduce both of them into bed.;)
All kidding aside I kind of know how you feel. The question you have to ask yourself is rather or not the other girl will go out with you.
Because you said you 2 were friends so I was thinking maybe you was in the friend zone. The old saying goes "If its broke why try to fix it."
Your choice, only reason I'm sayin this is because I tried hooking up with a girl that I was close to and It didn't workout. Your situation and relationship with the girl that your really good friends with could be different from mine.

Just my 2 cents on the matter