Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Dont you just hate leg day?

Jordski

Don Juan
Reaction score
I know i dont wanna look like Zac efron but seriously guys, what do you tell yourself everytime you wanna skip a leg day? My pt told me to eat like 4 chicken legs after that. Do you guys have any suggestion on what to eat or supplements to take after?

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I know i dont wanna look like Zac efron but seriously guys, what do you tell yourself everytime you wanna skip a leg day? My pt told me to eat like 4 chicken legs after that. Do you guys have any suggestion on what to eat or supplements to take after?
You have to get to a point where your excited for the challenge! It will increase your power. It will throw away any stress you have in your life as you direct your focus onto your gym work.

I used to hate leg day too, but now it's a religious thing, and I know it's hard work!

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you've seen my legs you definitely know I don't hate leg day...might be my favorite day...

Eternal_water

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Its actually my 2nd favorite after doing chest.

I love the feeling of (the right kind) of pain in a big muscle group because its the feeling thats going to cause muscle gain.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In the words of Ronnie Coleman:

"Everyone wants to get big, but nobody wants to lift no heavy ass weights!"

SeymourCake

Banned
Reaction score
No squatting is my favorite exercise.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not convinced it's necessary to eat or supplement differently after a leg workout. I do find that light cardio the day after greatly alleviates muscle soreness.

Now you know why they call it "legwork."
Blood flow, throw good nutrition in there and all that soreness gets worked out. I don't really get sore either when I am in my "zone" for being an "active" person.

switch7

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A good way to get over your hated for leg day is to squat at the end of every training session. That way you don't have a whole day dedicated to legs which has you vomiting at the end, and you just end up feeling slightly nauseous when you leave the gym.

Also you should find out what works for you. A whole session of training legs for me does not work. I'm often feeling sick half way through and can't exercise to full intensity.

Nowadays I tend to do a 20 rep squat 4 days a week at the end of the workout. My legs have never been so strong from training this way.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You definitely wouldn't want to see tonight's workout from my trainer then...hahahaha

On paper this might be the hardest workout I've ever done...can't wait

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I for one want to see this :D

Chest and biceps/triceps are my favourite muscle groups to hit, but you can't have a good body without no damn well muscled legs. They're not my favorite, but I don't exactly hate working them either.

Squatting heavy weights takes the most out of me, but it's probably the single best lower body - or overall any part - exercise you can do.

For me, calves are the biggest body part pain in the a$$ to develop. I find I have to use extremely heavy weights on this body part, and a lot of sets (5 to as much as 10 on some days) and a lot of reps (in the 15 to 20 range). Such a pain. You can get away with underdeveloped quads and hams, but if you have weak calves no matter what the rest of your body looks like, you will look like a weakling teenage girl.
Ok, the following was done with a 50lb weighted vest:

4x12 box jumps

8x3 deadlifts(335 lbs) followed by 5x15 deadlifts(225 lbs)---should have done one more just for fun to make it an even 100, haha

3x8 DB squat press curls with 30 lb DB followed by 2x30 with 10lb DB

3x12 banded hyperextensions(heavy band)

Farmers walk 100 steps forward/100 steps backward 40 lb DBs

Spread Eagle Sit ups x 100

20 rounds of:
1) 20 yard plate push
2) 20 pushups
-I only made it through 6 before my body said F U and started spasming all over which ended the workout, lol

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Squatting heavy weights takes the most out of me, but it's probably the single best lower body - or overall any part - exercise you can do.
Squats are great but I'd say deadlifts hold that title...it hits just about every single muscle group in the body.

yuppee

Banned
Reaction score
Schwartzenegger claimed that the clean and press hits the most muscle groups

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Schwartzenegger claimed that the clean and press hits the most muscle groups
I could see that...however not everyone can handle that move and it's very easy to injure yourself doing it due to the explosiveness of it.

I can't do any of the clean/jerk variations anymore because that explosive move as you come up really jacks up my knees.

Even if it is, the deadlift is extremely close to it...like 1% less maybe

yuppee

Banned
Reaction score
deadlift has no "push" vertically with the arms/chest. the clean and press DOES. Guys don't like it cause they can't move as much weight that way (and impress people).

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
deadlift has no "push" vertically with the arms/chest. the clean and press DOES. Guys don't like it cause they can't move as much weight that way (and impress people).
That's true but the amount of weight your arms and shoulders are holding up against gravity is far greater with the deadlift.

yuppee

Banned
Reaction score
maybe, maybe not. Not everyone lifts maximally heavy in the deadlift, nor can everyone do so.

LiveFreeX

Banned
Reaction score
Gah.... I thought this would be a thread of guys posting pics of women's legs. I was fully prepared to bust out a ton of pictures of hot Asians with nice legs. :down:

What the hell:

Last edited: