Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Don't want to but Forced !

HB_Hunter

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I go to Gold's Gym Giza , I've been going there consistantly like for 5 months or so and i gained like 10 pounds . so thing is i don't want to stop going to the gym but my exams are coming . I am a medic student so plenty of studying as you all know .
I want to Still work-out then but in my place and I have one dumbell that's ummmm 11 kilos or more than 20 pounds . what do u guys suggest ?? what exactley shall i buy to keep the momentum and also the excersices????

Reto

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It won't hurt to take a little time off. Actually, it might help. How long are exams?

Having been in school myself, it should come first. The gym will be there.

HB_Hunter

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah it 'll last longer than a month , you know i am now preparing myself to study like 6-7 hrs a day , and with the exams lasting for a month or so , this is a hell of a long time . i want to be working-out but at home so as not to lose the habit and be in-shape .

semag

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You're telling me you can't find an hour in your day, 3 days a week, to make it to the gym? That's a pathetic excuse for someone who wants to stay in shape.

jiza101

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Semag is actually right. Why dont u just make the 1 hour of workout your recreation time, after all to study effectivly you need to get air and do something recreational. Make 1 hour out of your day to go to the gym and let you body breath and think about other things. Hay you could even think about your muscles and **** when working out and whats actually happening to keep you in the right from of mind considering your studying medicine.

HB_Hunter

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
thanks for your input Guys , thing is my original Gym got burnt from a few weeks and this Gold's Giza is the other branch in Egypt . it's far from my home , it takes like 3o minutes going in normal conditions , if there is traffic as it's always it takes an hour or so . so I want to Focus on Studying Guys , this is Medicine guys . i need to have a free state of mind . so what do u suggest as for equipments to buy ? how often shall i work out ? please don't change the subject here

Egyptiandude1

Don Juan
Reaction score
Buy 2 dumbbells, and a bar with a few weights maybe... thats all you really need and you can do most exercises with just those equipment, i dont know if these equipmen can be picked up at your local Omar Effendi:D , but im sure their around. also try to go to the gym at around 6-7 when traffic usually settles down.. what part of egypt are you in?

HB_Hunter

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hola Egyptian Dude , It's good to see egyptians here , well i live in Maadi , you must have heard this incident of Gold's Gym being burnt . it's hard to study Gynecology and pediatrics and going to Giza's Gym , especially at the last part of the year taking into consideration guys that i go every day to college and return back home at 2 p.m .

About the equipments , i have only a dumbell who's 11 kilos i think not heavy so what weight shall i go for ??? you know i want to bulk , while i was going to the Gym i used to go for higher wieghts to trigger testosterone and gain results so tell me about the wieghts please .and how often shall i train at home ???

Reto: the exam will be starting in a month and lasting a month as well.

Ultra: what is plyometrics??

semag

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Al lright... just sayin it's easier to get out of the house and go to the gym. It actually increases your motivation because you're going out for the pure purpose of exercising... but anyway.

I was looking into possibly getting a weight set when I graduate, and here's the basics of what I thought someone should have.

A good bench, that does incline and flat and some decline. I can't remember if they make them that do all 3, or if you'll have to get 2 benches in order to do decline.

You probably want at least 300 lbs in plates, etc.

A pair of bars, one for curling, and one for squats and pressing.

A squat rack.

Perhaps some DB's. I'd say maybe a set ~15 lbs, and then a set at 45-70 lbs. That's

Total cost?

When I was lookin into it... prolly about 1500 USD. maybe a couple grand. Not sure.

DJUofS

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It sounds to me like your just looking for an excuse to buy equipment. People have told you that it has been proven that taking a break from studying helps tremendously, and you come back saying "the gym is 30 minutes away". You had your mind made up before posting this thread that you wanted to buy equipment.

HB_Hunter

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Actually guys , I've made up my mind , since it'll be expensive to get eqipments here and also since i 've not been in the right or let me say the great care-free optimistic attitude , i am going to go to the gym yet again . i actually can't stop going there :cool: .

but ummm tell me guys what shall be the routine if i only went 3 times a week since i always go 4 times and thanx very much for all who replied .