Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Don't qualify to your relatives

Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I dunno if everyone's extended family is like this, but mine is.

What I'm talking about is a subtle kind of frame dominance.

Usually at Christmas, aunts and uncles and other people who haven't seen me for a while will ask stuff like

"How's college going?"

"You doing anything over the holidays?"

"What you been up to?"

In previous years, I would qualify myself and feel bad because they totally owned the frame. I would say stuff like

"College is going pretty well. My GPA is X. Over the holidays, I might go to a few parties or just relax at home. I haven't been up to much, but staying at home and doing XYZ."

The tone of their questions and responses is that they expect me to give them big fanciful answers to meet their expectations. I get a sense that they're trying to make themselves feel better by comparing themselves to me.

Like "Oh, since you told us you were just staying at home, we're not going to tell you about the vacation we're taking to Denver to go skiing." or whatever.

I may even be reading too much into it. The fact is, those questions got me feeling insecure in years past, not because I was actually insecure with how I was doing in college or what I was doing over the holidays or how I didn't care and didn't follow football (a topic they always try to bring up). No, the reason I felt insecure is because I wasn't confident enough to tell them how I really felt. I would always try to contour my answers to please them. You lie to yourself when you do this. I don't even need to explain how horrible this type of thing is to seduction, but you should carry your mindsets and attitudes with you ALL the time, not just in the presence of a hot girl.

"So you go to any college football games this year?"

Me in the past: "Nah, I had tons of homework. A lot of my friends went though."

Don't buy into the frames that they want you to buy into, or the ones you think they want you to buy into. There's nothing that says you have to like football or match their expectations. Live in your own reality.

So my response for this year will be:

"Nah, I'm really not into football."

That's IT.

Just be honest with yourself and them. Don't fall into their frames. Own the frame. No need to be RUDE and tell them off, since, after all, they may just be trying to make conversation. Just speak your mind without sugar-coating everything.

You will feel a much greater sense of peace with yourself.

Porky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
what is wrong with your family?

when my aunts and uncles ask me it's because they're genuinely interested and making conversation.

Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Right, man. I don't think everybody's family does this and I don't even think my family members are trying to be malicious or do it on purpose. They just have a subconscious need to make themselves feel good in relation to the other members of the family.

It's one of the reasons I really have never liked going to family gatherings on my dad's side of the family. They try to make it into a competition of who is doing better in life. It's really stupid, but you don't have to buy into it. You don't have to play their games.

SamePendo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I thought this was going to be the resurrection of the incest discussion haha. Btw, I don't think having sex with your relatives is sick or bad, whatever.

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
i dont have family

Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The point of the tip was not to tell everyone I have an evil family.

The point is: Don't qualify yourself to ANYONE. Don't let anyone own the frame unless it's on your terms. Be a player even when you aren't around girls.

Centaurion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't qualify for anyone.

Period.

Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Centaurion
Don't qualify for anyone.

Period.
Exactly.

Boner da Stoner

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Porky
what is wrong with your family?

when my aunts and uncles ask me it's because they're genuinely interested and making conversation.
That's right, and they know what "hanging out" means, they started the damned term, well their parents the reptiles, started it.

So when you give them excuses about not playing football because you had lots of homework, that took up all of your time from morning to night, so you couldn't play football, they are really asking WHAT you did... I know I would be dissappointed in my grandson or daughter if I was asking them what was exciting to them, and they gave me boring answers. It would mean I had no way of teaching them how to have fun and enjoy life...

The questions they ask you are from a genuinely interested place. Not from a casual conversation piece... imagine they are asking you for DJ reasons in their mind, give them DJ answers, and lead the converstion where it should... instead of making it boring by telling them WHAT GRADES YOU GOT.

I wish I wasn't second language English, I wish I could write in my own language without being laughed at... I hate ****ing racism... I hate being misunderstood... tell them WHY you didn;t play football, whining is around for a reason, especially family whining;) whining to other people who SHOULDN't be helping you is horrible, but to those who WANT to help you is great. I should really confront my family, they've already exhausted the "what do you do" lines with the "how's the weather" lines when I was younger... after a while they sat me down for heart to heart talks, than told me to go out and play... chopped than played!

I hate thinking over the internet... ban me or teach me... searching and asking about searching obviously ain't helping

Boner da Stoner

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Duke
Right, man. I don't think everybody's family does this and I don't even think my family members are trying to be malicious or do it on purpose. They just have a subconscious need to make themselves feel good in relation to the other members of the family.

It's one of the reasons I really have never liked going to family gatherings on my dad's side of the family. They try to make it into a competition of who is doing better in life. It's really stupid, but you don't have to buy into it. You don't have to play their games.
Sometimes they do play games, but its the way you play that matters. All games have rules, and if you don't play any games, you won't know any fun rules, or have the team spirit.

Stop thinking they hate you, and that you are a loser. They are trying to make you tougher, but obviously in a way that your mother taught you not to like, or your school, or your sister or brother, or your friends... I wonder if I knew you, if I could point out that it is actually the way you are thinking, or somebody has taught you how to think, that you are "qualifying"

Of course trhey have a subconcious need, but you've got to SHOW them with your WORDS, that they are with family, and that they only have to qualify eachother if it is fun...

****!!!! I hate talking about family, always makes me depressed.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i know where he is coming from. I have a family like that.

when i was little, about 8-15, my family loved me.. I was the youngest in the family,I was smart, goog looking...

when I hit 18, I decided not to go to college to pursue my business.

i didn't even get invited to thanksgiving when I was 19 :(

no one ever called me, whenever I did talk to someone, all they could ever say, is i a bum and I need to wake up and "do something with my life"

Then when I finally broke though and started making money, all I could get was "he thinks he is too good for us"....

This christmas, my mom is going out of town with her husband to see their family.. not only did i not get invited, I had to find out from my dad.

my dad is going to see his wife's family, and I don't like them because all they do is try to ask questions the entire time to compare me to my older uncle, who they think walks on water becdause he works for microsoft.

So it's christmas and I have no where to go.. which is sad but what can you do.. it's nothing new and it's one of the things you learn on the way to success.. who is there for you and who isn't.

My friends, my two best friends, know what's going on, and even though I don't say anything to them, they always stop by on holidays, or invite me to their families house or something.