Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Don't Need Women

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't dispute that there is a basic human need for companionship. It's not up there with food, water, clothing and shelter, but it's still a big one. Remember in "Cast Away" when Tom Hanks anthropomorphized a volleyball so he would have someone to talk to on the deserted island?

That's to say nothing of the basic male urge to spread the seed.

The only thing I've noticed is that you can only say "I don't need a woman to be happy" if you already have women around.

If a guy who's not getting any says this, he sounds like he's making excuses for himself and kidding himself.

If the same guy says "I need a woman" he's blasted as needy and not taking care of himself first.

The more important mindset is that you don't need any ONE woman to be happy. That leads to desperation, oneitis, psychopathy, depression, and emasculation. We all need women on some biological and emotional level. To deny this is to deny the existence of your manhood. But no single woman is worth abdicating your manhood, either. They used to say in the 50s during the commie scare "better dead than red." Well, better to be lonely and single than dominated and miserable.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nicely said, Samspade. You put that a lot better than I did with my clumsy attempts.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks zekko. I should also add that the other big sin, "putting women on a pedestal," should be clarified as well.

Go ahead, put women or the p-word on a pedestal. Just don't make it your only pedestal. We elevate in value that which we chase. It's only natural. If you were hunting deer, you'd be putting deer on a metaphorical pedestal. If you collect art, you're putting the art on a pedestal. And so forth. An item's value is the time and resources we are willing to give up for it; otherwise it's worthless.

But again, don't put any ONE woman on a pedestal. That's the distinction. That's how men sink themselves. Women may hold value to us, but keep in mind that God flooded the market with women. You'd pick a dollar up off the ground, but you wouldn't work three hours for that same dollar when you could probably find another one in the cushions of your couch.

Onlyliveonce

Don Juan
Reaction score
Howiestern said:
When I finally realized I didn't need a woman was when I gained the upper hand in this game. ;-) Chew on that for a while, it all comes together and makes sense.
:yes: :yes:

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm somewhat of this attitude in that, if a woman seems to make it difficult for us to get together, why the hell am I bothering with her?

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
samspade said:
I don't dispute that there is a basic human need for companionship. It's not up there with food, water, clothing and shelter, but it's still a big one. Remember in "Cast Away" when Tom Hanks anthropomorphized a volleyball so he would have someone to talk to on the deserted island?

The only thing I've noticed is that you can only say "I don't need a woman to be happy" if you already have women around.

If a guy who's not getting any says this, he sounds like he's making excuses for himself and kidding himself.

If the same guy says "I need a woman" he's blasted as needy and not taking care of himself first.

The more important mindset is that you don't need any ONE woman to be happy. That leads to desperation, oneitis, psychopathy, depression, and emasculation. We all need women on some biological and emotional level. To deny this is to deny the existence of your manhood. But no single woman is worth abdicating your manhood, either. They used to say in the 50s during the commie scare "better dead than red." Well, better to be lonely and single than dominated and miserable.
i can't agree with this.

beucase most men as this post seems to confuse WANT with NEED.

I think back on the 3 years where I did not date women because of my business ventures, and I have often said that I was at piece, at least towards the end with not going on dates and I was. but i never said I did not WANT a woman lol. you are damn Skippy I WANTED some female attention or to go out on a date with a decent girl, ****, not even for the sex just the female companionship.

I had gotten to the point where if it would have taken me another 5 years to get where I needed to be and not date i was fine with that. I didn't LIKE it but I would have accepted it as a necessary evil so to speak.

Now you can make the argument that well, you did what you had to do so that you could get women later in life and my response to that would be, you are correct in a sense, though that was not the primary reason, i would be lying if I said it was not a motivating factor. But I woiuld also say where is it wrong to do things to enhance your value? where are you taking this idea that, a man is supposed to go through life denying himself female companionship just to prove to him that he doesn't NEED a woman event though he wants one. At that point you are just mincing words.

I can honestly say I was quite content being single. Even after 3 years. That does not mean I would have been HAPPIER with a woman, but I was not going to compromise my dreams or what I was doing to get a woman, which is what you would do if your need for female companionship was that strong. If I were to get a divorce today, sure I would probably want some female companionship but not to the point where I lower my standards or try to make women fit that don't. If nothing comes along that wets my whistle i have no qulams at all about being single.

nismo-4

Reaction score
From New Orleans, Louisiana to Atlanta, Georgia!!!
samspade said:

I totally agree with this. The stuff I put in bold is a part of why the price of love and companionship is so high right now. Lately, I've been hearing a lot of guys saying that any love is better than no love, and you're more desirable if you have at least ONE woman who's attracted to you.

The_411

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
the problem with most guys is that they will not take the time to better themselves to in the long run, make the game easier for them. They are too stuck on "needing a woman"
Bingo Bongo Roberto Luongo.

Nail Hammerin Hank

This is it in a nutshell. Not needing a woman has everything to do with concept of needing in a negative construct.

We need to breathe, we need to eat and drink, we do not "need" a woman.

We want women or want women to want us. It's a big difference

AW1983

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
samspade said:

Man. Solid post. Been dealing with some issues and this made me pause and think.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Backbreaker, if we believe your posts, you're in better position than most here to make sure you live in female abundance. Take away your self image as a "confident DJ", and you're practically not even the same person.

If you were a 35 year old virgin who had never had a date or kissed a girl, and dealing with all the associated mindfvcks that undoubtedly go along with that, you might have a different perspective on the importance of having women in your life.

That said, again, I did point out that there are periods when it may be advantageous to stay away from women while you work on your career or whatever. I've done this myself. That's just self sacrifice and self discipline.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
zekko said:
Backbreaker, if we believe your posts, you're in better position than most here to make sure you live in female abundance. Take away your self image as a "confident DJ", and you're practically not even the same person.

If you were a 35 year old virgin who had never had a date or kissed a girl, and dealing with all the associated mindfvcks that undoubtedly go along with that, you might have a different perspective on the importance of having women in your life.

That said, again, I did point out that there are periods when it may be advantageous to stay away from women while you work on your career or whatever. I've done this myself. That's just self sacrifice and self discipline.
u and i seem to have two different vying points of view on anything,.

think of it like this zekko... it's like a kid who is born into a 15 million dollar trust fund. of course he is going to tell you that money is not the root of all happiness beucase he fvcking has it and never has to worry about it.

What I am getting at is, it's not possible to realize you do not need something unless you already have it. Anything else is verbal sparring. So yes in a sense you are correct, but that does not make me wrong. yes I probably realize better than most that I do not need a woman to make me happy and yes i can honestly say that between my looks, my monetary situation and my game that is a not a very likely scenario but that does not change the fact that if I were to not have a woman it would not make or break who I am as a person. That's not what makes me tick. at least today it's not. honestly 10 years ago it was. I'd be lying otherwise.

also note the exact verbage that i used, there is a difference between, actually needing something and thinking you need something. There are a lot of things that people think they need which really are more emotionally and physiologically driven needs than actual needs. Companionship is not a physical, 3 basic need type need it's more of a emotional need driven by the need to feel wanted or being afraid of being alone. But I mean telling a 19 year old who has gotten laid all of 1 time in his life this is like trying to sale amway to a death person lol. They aren't fvcking hering you nor do they particularly want to hear you. They want to get laid lol.

and I know you were using this as an outrageous example but take our 35 year old virgin male. a male who has made it 35 years in life and has not gotten laid obviously from a common sense standpoint knows that his "need" for sex is not really a need but more of a wish, well because he's not dead.

Look i've grown a lot in my time here. when i first came here I had, i not only thought i needed sex i thought i needed sex from one girl lol. Alot of things that drove me 10 years ago don't drive me today, I was an extremely, what is the word I'm looking for, careless I suppose you can say with money in my youth, and today at 29 honestly if you just did not see my bank account you wouldn't be able to tell me apart from a regular higher middle class young married man with a child i really don't give a **** today. i really don't. go on a vacation a few times a year, go see my brother, go see my father and mother in law in england, maybe hit a beach up every once in a while, i drive a nice car, my wife has a nice car but nothing just crazy. i mean i see what you saying, it's easy for the fat man to tell the starving man that food won't make him happy, but i mean **** what do you want me to do lol? I guess what I am trying to say is that women don't drive me not beucase i have one and probably will always have one, but beucase i've had em. like jay-z said in hovi baby if you did it I done it before, you get I had it got mad at it and don't want it no more. and i've had enough of them, good looking ones, great looking ones, stupid ones, smart ones, richer ones, not so richer ones, there is no woman that is out there that i need. I have one that I love to have around but i don't' need her and honestly she doesnt' need me.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
backbreaker said:
i can't agree with this.

beucase most men as this post seems to confuse WANT with NEED.

I think back on the 3 years where I did not date women because of my business ventures, and I have often said that I was at piece, at least towards the end with not going on dates and I was. but i never said I did not WANT a woman lol. you are damn Skippy I WANTED some female attention or to go out on a date with a decent girl, ****, not even for the sex just the female companionship.

I had gotten to the point where if it would have taken me another 5 years to get where I needed to be and not date i was fine with that. I didn't LIKE it but I would have accepted it as a necessary evil so to speak.
Perception vs. truth. I believe you if you say that you were at peace not wanting a woman around so you could focus on this or that. Only YOU really know for certain of course. My greater point was that the AFC (which you are not) who says he "doesn't need a woman" but isn't trying often sounds like he's making excuses. There's a big difference. Not to mention when a guy like you chases a dream and is busy doing so he often has women chasing him even if he doesn't have time to enjoy them.

5string

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Near the end of my first marriage, I did without for just over 1.5 yrs. Did I want it? Sure. Did I need it? Nope. Was I content doing what I do in life? Yep. Women and sex just didn't interest me as I was busy with other things in life. During that period, women were at the bottom of my list just below fruitcake.

evan12

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Men doint need woman , they need offspring (children ) , if you look at some traditional cultures , men dont spend a lot of time with women , some very old cultures , men life in houses while women with animals .
a man want a woman to give him children , and take care of them .
in the west because the capitalism didn't encourage poeple to have kids , it become very common to men to forget their biological need and think they need a woman instead of need the offspring

Burroughs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
evan12 said:
Men doint need woman , they need offspring (children ) , if you look at some traditional cultures , men dont spend a lot of time with women , some very old cultures , men life in houses while women with animals .
a man want a woman to give him children , and take care of them .
in the west because the capitalism didn't encourage poeple to have kids , it become very common to men to forget their biological need and think they need a woman instead of need the offspring
yes 100%

additionally the control and rationing of sex by church/state...specifically legislated access to it ie marriage the family courts etc is the fulcrum through which 99% of men are enslaved

the elevation of women to the level of man was a grave, foolish, and heinous mistake which shall ensure that our society spirals downward to its eventual end.

Boilermaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
samspade said:

Absolutely fantastic post.

This short essay sums it all, in my opinion.

betheman

Banned
Reaction score
I was married for 21 years, divireced, then had two LTRs and a few one nighters. Im bored with women, really I am, sex??? maybe Im getting old, it carries too much baggage and I really cant be ar$ed with it. I love my own space, I always thought I wanted and needed a woman...I dont. Ive a decent career, decent income, live alone, see my adult kids regularly.
I was out in town with a friend on Friday, my attitude now is soo laid back, I went to talk to a reasonably good looking Blond, same age as me, she was with 4 friends, my mate joined in, I got her number, (my mate is as AFC as they get, he didnt even ask the girl he was talking too for hers???) anyway, been texting and chatting, we have a date tomorrow...I cant be ar$ed and not sure I want to go.
was at a wedding yesterday, lot of family, had a good laugh and a few drinks, al these couples cooing etc etc.. if there hadnt been alcohol, I wouldnt have been there. is there something wrong with me? No, women are no longer the driver in my life

Senzoi

Don Juan
Reaction score
Slow down there, tiger.

zekko said:
There's a common saying around here that you should be able to be happy on your own, and that you shouldn't need women.

There's truth in that, but the fact is any well rounded successful man is not going to be satisfied without having women in his life. Either a good woman as an LTR or a string of women plates who come and go. What kind of guy is going to sit around while everybody around him is gaming women and getting laid? Isn't that the very definition of a chode?

I know there are times when you have to focus on your career or your education or whatnot, and you don't have time for women. I've been there myself, but I'm not talking about those times. Those times are meant to be temporary.

Women should be a byproduct of a successful life. If you don't have women or a woman, I would say that's a pretty strong indication that you're doing something wrong. Can you imagine a guy on this forum bragging about how successful he is but not having any women? If you're living a complete life, you're going to have females in it, unless you're a monk or a priest or something.
It sounds like you've latched onto to some societally ingrained concepts of what constitutes success for a man and are attempting to project those ideas onto the other posters of this forum, whether they've chosen to drink that Kool-Aid with you or not.

If you need that slice of chocolate cake to complete your life, have at it. I won't even criticize you for scarfing down that peach cobbler to nourish your fix when better options aren't available.

The key point: toppings/desserts are an option that any successful man can choose to indulge or to dismiss. His decision to disinclude those desserts from his life only indicates that he values female companionship less than you do and doesn't use relationships with women as a life success barometer.

~ Senzoi