"Don't go looking for it, it'll happen when you least expect it"

MrNiceGuy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been getting alot of that lately from various different people.. but I can't accept it..

I spent many years not looking for it because I was an AFC and I thought, "it'll happen" it never did.

The only grain of truth in that advice I thin,k is if you reword it as, don't seem too desperate, which is fair enough..

But to not take a risk with someone you're not sure about, not try to stay aware of if there are people out there who might really like you, seems stupid..

Whats everyone think? Is there any more to this advice than just "Don't be desperate"

joekerr31

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
the saying comes about basically because most people meet their "soul mate" by chance.

Which is to say they don't meet them clubbing, at a bar, on an internet singles site, etc. - all the places where you are out with the purpose of picking up.

they meet them through some circumstantial event that they had not planned. Like at a friends bbq, at the library, in the mall, at work, etc... some event they weren't doing with the purpose of finding a chic.

hence the saying "it will happen when you aren't looking for it"

its not a bad saying. really what it means is go out there and fill your life up with activities that make you feel good. and in doing so odds are youll stumble across the woman of your dreams.

i dont think it means anything along the lines of not being open to her when you see her, or not approaching her or anything like that.

you'll never wake up one more and the doorbell rings nad some hot chics is standing there and says 'hi, im for you, where can i unpack my things.'

J

MrNiceGuy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This applies only to non-AFC guys ;-)
amen to that

when it comes down to it I can't really think of any people I know who have got into LTRs with someone they met in a club or a bar.. It's always been people they've met as friends of friends, or through work or whatever...

It makes sense, since firneds of friends will always have similarish personalities and interests... Its just depressing when you don't meet new people that way that often.. you really need to grab the opportunities when they show up..