Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Don't get married

Luveno

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Almost 50% of marriages end in divorce.

A failed marriage and subsequent divorce is a huge burden on men. Alimony and child support payments are astronomical.

Yet, men continue to get married all the time, even though it has a coin-flip chance of ruining their lives. It seems ridiculous, and it is!

If you don't understand, ask yourself this: would you take a "happy pill" if 50% of the time it would make your life a living hell? Didn't think so.

The evidence says marriages fail half the time, so listen to the evidence - not your heart!

Don't get married.

Microphone Fiend

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Edited by me
Luveno said:
Almost 50% of approaches end in rejection.

A failed approach and subsequent low self esteem is a huge burden on men. Self help books and therapy payments are astronomical.

Yet, men continue to cold approach all the time, even though it has a coin-flip chance of ruining their lives. It seems ridiculous, and it is!

If you don't understand, ask yourself this: would you take a "happy pill" if 50% of the time it would make your life a living hell? Didn't think so.

The evidence says approaches fail half the time, so listen to the evidence - not your heart!

Don't cold approach.
Sounds silly, no?

Axcell

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
50% of approaches end in rejection. Does that mean that one should not get married because 50% of marriages end in divorce?
Sounds like somebody has had a bad experience in regards to the subject of marriage. ;)

armadon

Don Juan
Reaction score
What's funny is if you don't get married and have children out of wedlock then there is a **** ton of money to the mom. So you're still gonna have fork out money. Unless you say don't have children and then the human species doesn't survive.

Luveno

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The difference between a cold approach and marriage is that failing a cold approach leaves you with no less than what you started, except maybe a bruised ego.

A failed marriage leaves you with alimony.

The risks of monetary losses are too great. Don't do it.

insidious

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Microphone Fiend said:
Edited by me

Sounds silly, no?
Lame. Apples and oranges. To put
that in perspective, my last failed approach
did not involve hiring lawyers, mediators, or visiting
the beautiful county courthouse in downtown
L.A. :nervous:

Drum&Bass

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What alot of you have to realize is marriage won't change anything !!
If you love someone and they change over time for the worst, it would be much healthier to have the option to leave a potentially toxic relationship.

If marriage doesn't change how strongly your love is for someone why take an unnecessary risk ?

You can still LOVE a woman with or without marriage !

Not marrying a woman is a great test to see if she really loves YOU, or the IDEA of marriage (and the fact that she can get half your stuff).

aldaris

Banned
Reaction score
armadon said:
What's funny is if you don't get married and have children out of wedlock then there is a **** ton of money to the mom. So you're still gonna have fork out money. Unless you say don't have children and then the human species doesn't survive.
32 years old and you still haven't used your passport yet. sad. seriously, you all need to learn that it is a really big world.

Kerpal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Marriage has no benefits and there is a better than 50% chance it will end in divorce, with a good chance of financial ruin.

I'm also not interested in having kids, ever.

So why do it?

Last edited:

armadon

Don Juan
Reaction score
aldaris said:
32 years old and you still haven't used your passport yet. sad. seriously, you all need to learn that it is a really big world.
Wow you're cool with assumptions

qstorm501

Don Juan
Reaction score
My question is outta that 50% that stay together how any are together because the guy dosent wanna pay child support and alimony, the mom wants to hold the family together and dosent wanna be a single mom, neither party dosent want to be single again because of there age and they think it would be hard to find another mate

Of the top of my head and from people i know who are married it would come down to this

100% =all marriages
50% divorce
20% are unhappy but they stay together for social-economic reasons
30% have a normal happy marriage

If you get married you have a 30% chance of it being successful

UM I DONT THINK I LIKE THOSE ODDS..But one can never say never

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
insidious said:
Lame. Apples and oranges. To put
that in perspective, my last failed approach
did not involve hiring lawyers, mediators, or visiting
the beautiful county courthouse in downtown
L.A. :nervous:
Brilliantly put.

I.A.F.Y.B.

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Most people get married for the wrong reasons. Or they jump into marriage way too quick. Which is why the marriage fails. Sometimes sh!t just happens in a marriage years down the road.

There is nothing wrong with getting married. Just chose wisely when the time is right and that the girl you pick is right for you!

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was married seven years. My wife divorced me, but now keeps calling and wanting me back. She called tonight, left a voicemail crying about a guy dumping her. I could easily move to her tropical island country and live off her rich family...had she not gained that pesky extra 100 pounds or so.

I have found women to actually be attracted to my being divorced. They instantly start wondering about my ex-wife and comparing themselves to her. A female friend once said that being divorced at least shows that one woman valued you enough to marry you. It pushes the female catty, competitive buttons.

Having kids is a much bigger decision that getting married. My marriage cost a hundred bucks at the courthouse, and I think my ex-wife spent about five hundred for the divorce, all of which she paid for. Most divorces, especially the ones shorter in duration, do not involve alimony. Children change everything. Then you get child support and bitter custody battles - those are the big costs in expensive divorces.

Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:
Most divorces, especially the ones shorter in duration, do not involve alimony. Children change everything. Then you get child support and bitter custody battles - those are the big costs in expensive divorces.

So if they were married 5 years and have no kids, and the guy cheats. Then she divorces him the guy doesn't have to pay anything?

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Typically not, especially if she had a job. If the guy was rich, and she was his kept wife, then maybe, but that scenario is rare. Half of the appreciation of the estate during the marriage would be hers, but most people don't have much money to worry about.

stand

Banned
Reaction score
This forum is really depressing sometimes.. Always so negative.

I do not want to get married any time soon, but I do know that I am not afraid of it like it seems a lot of people here are.

just so suave

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This is silly, many people marry out of insecurities such as not wanting to grow old alone, so theres no suprise those sort of marriages fail. But were the guys that if we was to get married, it would be for the right reasons. Anyway, the statistics show that 3 out of 5 marriages are successful, which means theres only 40% failure rate.

romangod

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
just so suave said:
This is silly, many people marry out of insecurities such as not wanting to grow old alone, so theres no suprise those sort of marriages fail. But were the guys that if we was to get married, it would be for the right reasons. Anyway, the statistics show that 3 out of 5 marriages are successful, which means theres only 40% failure rate.

And of those 60% that survive, how many are happy? My guess is under 50%. Staying together when you are unhappy is not consisered a succesful marriage in my books. Cheers!