Don't fall for "Hi, it's me"

BasicInstinct

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
A lot of times when girls call me, I have noticed (after maybe seeing them for a week) that when they call they will say, "Hi, it's me".

Don't fall for this!!!

Even though you may have Caller ID or recognize their voice, NEVER acknowledge that you automatically know who it is. It's a test to see if how whipped you are. So when a girl calls you and says, "Hi, it's me", respond with, "Who is this?". This throws them off and keeps her wondering whether she is the only girl you are seeing.

------------------
Always outnumbered, never outgunned.

It's not safe to hope for the best, without preparing for the worst.

~The_Chosen~

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mention other girls name in a set style like this:

"This must be Sandra, right? no wait, Jessica? Jamie? ok I give up, who is this?"

------------------
~The_Chosen~ has spoken...

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is just not an act but a habit." - Aristotle

Judge a man by his questions and not his answers.

the graphics guy

Don Juan
Reaction score
But... it should be fine when WE say "hi. it's me" cuz we da MAN!
Oh, and when out with a girl, I pretend to stutter and momentarily forget her name! Hee hee!

------------------
Bro's rule, grrrls drool!

Mark

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by the graphics guy:
But... it should be fine when WE say "hi. it's me" cuz we da MAN!
Oh, and when out with a girl, I pretend to stutter and momentarily forget her name! Hee hee!

Don't do that because it could back fire.
example:

you:Hi it's me

her:Steve?

you:no.

her:Alan.

you:noooo.

her:Okay who are you.

you: Mark

her:Which one?

That's a big ego downer. Make sure you do everything to boost your ego...not her's.

the graphics guy

Don Juan
Reaction score
No, we obviously only do that if we KNOW she IS actually going to know and acknowledge that it's us. It's all about who has the upper hand. Like never saying "I luv u" first etc. That's what i meant about it should be fine for US to leave out our name if we ARE da man.

Actually I have a fairly distinctive voice (have done voice-overs in TV ads) and have very frequently been recognized on the phone before saying my name. Not that I ever go "hi it's me"...just something like "Hello Allison" and she responds with "Oh hi, GraphicsGuy! " and I know she is not using caller ID. That's an ego boost.

Another thing I may do is not use her real name "Hello Stephanie" but some nickname I have made up for her and nobody else uses like "Hello Monkeytoes" or "Hello Applegirl" [don't ask] and she'll know just who is saying that.

Or if we have already established the shorthand in previous convo's I'll call and just say "Waaaaassssuuuup" like the Budweiser commercial guy. I have one chyck who always loves it and laughs her a$$ off every time.

------------------
Bro's rule, grrrls drool!

ArizonaDJ

Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe I just have really bad luck or it's a curse or something but of the chicks I'm dating, there always seems to be two with the same name... then I'm really screwed when they say "hi this is so-and-so" and I STILL don't know who it is! Like right now I have two Julie's and of course they sound the same and block their caller ID like all kunts do.

------------------
"... I AM THE GAME, there's no way you can play me!" - Motorhead

Mark

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by ArizonaDJ:
Maybe I just have really bad luck or it's a curse or something but of the chicks I'm dating, there always seems to be two with the same name... then I'm really screwed when they say "hi this is so-and-so" and I STILL don't know who it is! Like right now I have two Julie's and of course they sound the same and block their caller ID like all kunts do.

I think you should change your signature to....
"I pity the fool that goes out with chicks that have the same name."