Don't be a Raymond

Kings_royalty

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This term stems from the show Everybody Loves Raymond. In the show, Raymond is a spineless chump whose wife treats him like a child and disrespects him. To make matters worse, he does NOTHING about it, he sits there and takes it. But, who could blame her for treating him this way, he does act like a big baby and mama’s boy (and we all know how much women love that).

Do yourself a favor, don’t be a Raymond.

NOTE: What I find interesting about the show is that it is one of the top rated programs. People actually find this type of marriage (if you can call it that) funny. Are you kidding me? Americans actually seem to think that this is normal behavior. I’ve even seen these types of marriages/relationships in my personal life. I’m convinced that Americans actually expect men to behave this way. What a sad state of affairs.

Cancerian

Don Juan
Reaction score
Most sitcoms these days depict the husband to be a bumbling idiot that barely gets through the episode, and is usually bailed out by the domineering, "smarter", career oriented wife. I don't bother watching such garbage.

azanon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That new show "Till death", I think its called (with that actor from Everybody loves Raymond) also has those men acting like serious WBAFCs.

Mandiblard

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It's supposed to be funny. Everyone KNOWS he's an idiot. Some macho man working hard wouldn't make good television.

spider_007

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mandiblard said:
It's supposed to be funny. Everyone KNOWS he's an idiot. Some macho man working hard wouldn't make good television.
Seeing a guy puttup with his idiot wife would be more fun.....

I don't watch the stupid show.....:box:

Charm

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Except hes a fatass out of shape balding guy. His attitude aint too bad but his health err is.

Kings_royalty

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Mandiblard said:
I have to disagree with you on this one. In the same show, Raymond's father plays a macho man and he's hilaourious, lol.

The Kidd

Don Juan
Reaction score
while i understand the point u're trying to make

it is a funny show, so get a sense of humour and stop taking the world so seriously

Mandiblard

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Kings_royalty said:
I have to disagree with you on this one. In the same show, Raymond's father plays a macho man and he's hilaourious, lol.
Oh yeah he's awesome, RIP

diplomatic_lies

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jesus christ, not another one of these posts. Raymond is funny because he's a loser. If Raymond was a perfect man who never did anything wrong, it would be an incredibly boring show.

How many comedy shows are based on a successful person with a perfect life?

thefonz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree only cus my parents watch the show and my stepdad always goes, "OOHHH, he's gonna get it now" whenever raymond back talks to his wife. It annoys the crap out of me.

What I don't get is why the mother doesn't punch the grandma in the face when she starts pulling her passive aggressive shtick that they always do. Anyway, Raymond is a spineless punk and I think this show is annoying.

Kings_royalty

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Raymonds father is run by his mother, too.

You are right, you can tell by the way she caters to his every need, great point.

it is a funny show, so get a sense of humour and stop taking the world so seriously

Thanks for opening my eyes. I 'should' find the comedy in the way husbands are depicted as incompetent losers and their wives are the smart intelligent ones...what was I thinking.

How many comedy shows are based on a successful person with a perfect life?

None, but that wasn't my point. Thanks for sharing.

Beethoven

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys, just chillllll about it. Even if the show's a load of rubbish, just be strong in your own life, and ignore the tv program! Easy.

Kings_royalty

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
DJDamage said:
Is it better to be a single AFC?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gjxnxKmaVQ

An AFC is an AFC no matter if he is married or single. The good thing about it is that you can recogonise it, laugh about it instead of relating to it.
Good point DJ, but I was coming from a relationship aspect. I probably should have specified that in my post. Funny clip by the way.