Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Don Juanism As A Profession

Double_Diamonds

Don Juan
Reaction score
Forgive the Corniness.

Twelve Thousand, Three Hundred and Six. Think about the enormity of that number. That is how many people are registered on this forum. 12,306 registered Don Juans. Imagine how many unregistered people call themselves Don Juans. But how many of them are professionals?

Don Juanism as a profession
Point #1 - I propose that Don Juanism is a profession.
A profession is defined as "An occupation, such as law, medicine, or engineering, that requires considerable training and specialized study." We will look at the second part of that definition, "that requires considerable training and specialized study." Let's assume that their is such a thing as a professional Don Juan. He lives his life with all of the Don Juan virtues. You've heard the legions of board members announce these virtues, so I don't intend to repeat them to you. A professional Don Juan must undergo "considerable training" and "specialized study." If you look at that, considerable training is of course getting out their for numbers, or a kiss, or sex, or just confidence. To become a professional Don Juan, you must undergo considerable training. You must try, you must succeede, and most of all you must fail. This is a long, hard, everlasting process worthy of your thought. Considerable means worth of your thought. Ahah, we've prooved that a professional don juan must undergo considerable training. Now what about specialized study? Observe the tens of thousands of posts giving tips, observe the Don Juan Bible, The High School Bible, The High School Mini - Bible, The Speed Seduction Bible, Weapons of Mass Seduction, The Book of Shuma Gora, and many more. That is a LOT of specialized study. With this prooved, we have proven my first point, Don Juanism is a profession.

Point #2 - Few Don Juans are professionals.
Very few Don Juans on these board are professional, very few hold the respect of their friends and community as a Don Juan. Almost none hold prestige with their parents BECAUSE OF their Don Juan professionalism. This point is very self-prooving.

Point #3 - To be a Don Juan, one must become a proffesional Don Juan.
You can not rightly call yourself a Don Juan if you are not a proffesional. Look at all the other professions in the United States. Tell me what you would think of these un-professionals:
Lawyer = "Yea I call myself a lawyer, I've never really been to court though, I don't have my BAR liscence, I've been acused of ****ing up society though.
Doctor = "So what if I call myself a doctor and all my patients die. I fail and don't learn from it. No I don't have a medical liscence, never did. Oh well."
Engineer = "I was never trained or liscenced as an engineer, I suppose that's why that bridge fell down and killed thousands"
Military Officer = "Yes I lost World War Two, I wasn't a proffesional and I had no duty to society"

Well? What do you see in common here? All of these professions have a duty to society, and by being un-professional, people died, and society was ruined or damaged. But surely Don Juans mustn't live up to a professional criteria, they have no duty to society. WRONG. We have a duty to society, especially when we're in high school. Those above proffesions can't rightfully fulfil their goals as doctors or lawyers because they're not proffesionals. They don't have considerable training or specialized study time. What I'm saying is, if we had no professional doctors, we'd have no doctors, if we had no professional lawyers, we'd have no lawyers, if we had no professional Don Juans, we'd have no Don Juans. You must be a professional Don Juan or no Don Juan. Accept your moral responsibility or give up.

Point #4 - To become a professional one must study and train
This point has already been prooved, so I propose a place to make it a reality. I propose a trainign program, much better than boot camp for Don Juans. Almost like a school. Classmates at the same stage are essential. Leaders are essential. I can do the dirty work of structuring this program, but I need leaders to help mentor. Newbies will be helped by first years, first years will be helped by master Don Juans, masters will be helped by the Don Juan elite. You get what I'm saying. If a Don Juan in this program needs help, it goes up the food chain. This program will take the best material, not just from sosuave, but from every website that serves this purpose. Tell me what you think. We need leaders to help make new leaders, we need Don Juans to help make new Don Juans. We will make ourselves professionals.

P.S. Sign up here: http://s3.invisionfree.com/theothersosuave/index.php?act=idx

Last edited:

Bjon

Don Juan
Reaction score
This is awesome. It is a great way to look at things. It's basically,"Don't pretend to be a Don Juan if you haven't put in all the effort required to be one. You are one or your not. You're not one until you reach the height that you can call yourself a professional." This is really what it's all about. Matrix, this is exactly what i think the "Restored Golden Age" needs.

Great post. Best i've read here in a long time.

Click Here

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Awesome post. I'm no Highschooler, or even professional don juan for that matter - but I think you are on to something. Your deep care for society is apparent throughout your article and I think you should do something with that, volunteer work etc.

As for me, I try not to come off as "professional" because I like the fun of the game. It is a game to me, and I guess one could handle it like a professional athlete who plays his game professionally if one were so inclined, but thats not for me :D. This post is definately a kick in the ass for everyone to get pushed in the right direction especially for new people.

I do believe DJing should be looked at the way you perceive it though. It's an interesting concept and I like the way you push the learning training and trial and error all as part of becoming a professional. I think you are well on your way, hope to see more posts from you in the future in the general forum.

p.s.- if youd just get rid of those damn cowboy boots youd be onto something :D hehe j/k

PatZull

Don Juan
Reaction score
Good post!

But, you use too much the word group "Don Juan". It is too badly and abstractly defined, so I suggest that you refrain from using it too often. ;)

... I propose that Don Juanism is a profession ... A profession is defined ... Don Juan virtues ...
You define a term using it in it's definition?

You must be a professional Don Juan or no Don Juan.
Exactly! But people continue to coin derivatives (DFC, RAFC, whatever!), just so that their egos don't get hurt when they realize that they are no where near some people, who you can surely call masters, or imaginary role models.

And one more thing: why do we put a ceiling, defining a term like a ultimate/professional DJ? When you reach this level, what's next? Why do I have the feeling that reaching this level is just the beginning...

Double_Diamonds

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by PatZull

Exactly! But people continue to coin derivatives (DFC, RAFC, whatever!), just so that their egos don't get hurt when they realize that they are no where near some people, who you can surely call masters, or imaginary role models.
I agree with you, we can stop using those terms so much, but they can't be completely abandoned. It'd be nice but its not possible.

Originally posted by PatZull

And one more thing: why do we put a ceiling, defining a term like a ultimate/professional DJ? When you reach this level, what's next? Why do I have the feeling that reaching this level is just the beginning...
I couldnt have said it better myself. But you must note that I used the words professional don juan a lot. But I NEVER in this post used the word ultimate. Alright? Never. Their is something beyond it, but lets take it in steps.

Haha by the way I did not define something with itself. I don't know what you're talking about, you misquoted me by accident.

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Matrix, I think you may have some competition. :D

undesputable

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
the point isnt calling yourself a don juan....the point is simple: improve your ability to get girls and your confidence.... this comes by practice and more practice, and knowing basic principles...

you dont need to go to law school to become a don juan....i could care less to be called a don juan as long as i can get girls....to be honest i think the term is stupid and taken too seriously....don juan is just the name of the forum to go along with so suave....

there are dating experts who take this as a profession but they dont call themselves "don juans" they call themsleves "dating experts" or such....many people may reach the level of for example David DeAngelo, who is a professional "don juan" if you want to call him that, but not all of them go about and brag about it, or make a living out of it....

Double_Diamonds

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for all the support everyone.

undesputable, I think you misunderstood the idea. It's not about becoming a salesman of Don Juan skills, its about embodying the skills for new Don Juans.

Double_Diamonds

Don Juan
Reaction score
Bump, I can't let this post fall to the bottom. This program is a go, so sign on now boys. It will officially start in september, but it requires a lot of setting up.

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
september sounds good to me

i get my license in september:D

Slimijs

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm going back to school in september, but that won't stop me from doing any fun stuff.

I'm in.

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sorry to burst your bubble but no matter how hard you try, you can not speed up this process of learning. It is solely dependant on the individual.

You can convince them to work harder towards their goals, but you can't do anything else.

The Antichrist_Star

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Double Diamonds, I humbly thank you...

Between the Towns...

The Revolution is...

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by The Matrix: Reloaded
Double Diamonds, I humbly thank you...

Between the Towns...

The Revolution is...
Looks like your PSA paid off ASAP.

PatZull

Don Juan
Reaction score
Haha by the way I did not define something with itself. I don't know what you're talking about, you misquoted me by accident.
Never mind! Good post, nonetheless!

... this comes by practice and more practice ...
... to be honest i think the term is stupid and taken too seriously ...
Absolutely! Just what I was trying to convey. ;)

Double_Diamonds

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm glad my program has gotten such wonderful support. I especially thank crazykid, boono, and the matrix. This program has found a home in the form of message boards, well moderated at that. So if you want to join in on this program either as a student or a leader, this is the place to tell me. I need to know the size of the program to better accomadte the members.

Oh and by the way Matrix, can you temporarily sticky this?

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Double_Diamonds
I'm glad my program has gotten such wonderful support. I especially thank crazykid, boono, and the matrix. This program has found a home in the form of message boards, well moderated at that. So if you want to join in on this program either as a student or a leader, this is the place to tell me. I need to know the size of the program to better accomadte the members.

Oh and by the way Matrix, can you temporarily sticky this?
If anyone wants to join, go to the site in my signature.

*End of shameless plug*

face2003

Don Juan
Reaction score
This seems like an awesome idea! We've had a lot of posts saying that they are gonna make the ultimate post in the near future that will change everything and make everyone on the board the ultimate extreme mega Don Juan to the maximum...but this is the only one that I have hope in.

I really would like to participate in this one. If I could help out in anyway, holla back young one!

Raptured Phoenix

Don Juan
Reaction score
professionals aren't born...

"Don Juans" are.

If you want to get techincal...EVERYTHING is a profession. I'm a professional urinater! whooptidooo

I went through a series of intense training courses and specialized study, I had to even learn to operate devices used specifically in my profession.

So what?

Who is going to pay me money just because I can aim at a 13" round basin while doing something that comes naturally?

You are forgetting MATING, (that is what you are practicing while playing around as a Don) is a natural process.

Learning how to express this naturall process in a socially acceptable, or socially desired way is NOT becoming a professional.

Professionals learn things which DONT come naturally. Not everyone has an intelligence for applying the laws of physics, no one is born with the biological knowledge that doctors LEARN in order to operate on their patients.

Mating is an instinctual process, not something you have to consciously learn to do.