Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Doing abs doesn't work. What now???

StuartScott x 2

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
1/3- How you eat

1/3- How much you exercise your abs (what you do also)

1/3 - Genetics.

Genetics plays a huge part, you can't tell me otherwise b/c In a while I'm getting an abdominoplasty b/c I have a protruding gut. (Basically, they're going to shorten the length of my stomach)Basically it looks fine when I haven't eaten for a while or drank any carbs but when I eat, I all of a sudden get a beer belly. It's prolly not that big of a deal but that's the genetics part you can't control. Everywhere else on me looks fine but the gut throws it all off and I can't be sucking my $hit in everytime. And don't tell me otherwise, my b/f levels were at 10% a couple of months ago and the abs were visible but with the work I was doing, they should have been shredded.

Tiggis

Don Juan
Reaction score
AAAUUGHH>

The truth about ab workouts, infomercials and getting perfect abs...
WARNING: What you are about to read is what the people from the ab informercials don't want you to read. What you are about to read is all 100% true! What you are about to read is the truth about ab workouts and how to get "the perfect abs you've always dreamed of." Enjoy..

I have realized that on average, at least once a day I see one of those infomercials about ab workouts. You know them, the ones that have a bunch of guys/girls with pretty good body's all standing around talking about ab workouts and how great this product is. Maybe they will use it to show how it works, maybe there will be a diagram drawn to show what part of the ab muscles it works, maybe there will be a big speech about why it is better than ANY of the other abdominal machines and abdominal exercises, and better than anything you can possibly do for your abs. Personally, I love the names. The "Ab Doer," the "Ab Dolly," the "Ab Swing," etc.. but my question is, why don't they just name it the "Ab machine that will totally waste all of your god damn money and do absolutely nothing for you, except help us people in this stupid, bad acted, infomercial make money."

The truth is, no matter what Chuck Norris or whatever other idiot in the commercial says, it is all a big lie. The truth is, EVERY one of the ab machines you see in EVERY one of these infomercials is 100% useless. The truth is, the ab dolly, the ab doer, the ab slide, the ab rocker, etc.. are all a big useless waste of money, and one big lie! The truth is, everyone in these infomercials with the perfect 6 packs and flat stomachs all got that way WITHOUT using the dumb abdominal product they are advertising. There is only 1, I repeat, there is only ONE way to get a stomach like that and it has nothing to do with any kind of "magic" ab workouts or abdominal exercises. Its the huge secret that everyone in those commercials don't want you to know because if everyone knew this secret, these infomercial idiots would all have no jobs. So... The BIG secret is...

You have to have a low body fat. Its as simple as that.

You don't have to spend $19.95 to swing in the "Ab Chair" for 8 minutes a day, you don't spend $19.95 to ride the "Ab Dolly" for 3 mins a day. All you have to do, is have a low body fat, not do some kind of magic ab workouts. The brutal truth is, we all have perfect abs. The 2000 pound guy who has to be lifted out of his house by a truck because he's so fat, has perfect abs. I have perfect abs, you have perfect abs. EVERYONE has perfect abs. The problem is, most people just can't see them. Why? Because their bodyfat is too high. Eat a perfect diet, and do cardio, and your bodyfat will get lower, and your abs will be able to be seen. Sure, doing abdominal exercises and working out your abs is good, this helps strengthen and build your ab muscles, but that won't do much for you if you can't see them because there is a layer of fat covering them!

Everyone in these ab infomercials swear that the ab workouts they are advertising are "the best!" They swear that their stupid useless abdominal product is the best, fastest, and most effective way to get the "perfect abs you've always dreamed of." The truth is, you can get those perfect abs by doing 5 mins of plain old crunches 3 days a week. Hell, that's what I do! My ab workouts consists of a few different types of basic abdominal exercises like crunches and leg raises 3 times a week. No machines, no 8 minute abs video tapes, nothing. Just me and the floor. The workout usually lasts about 5-15 mins. Its the diet and the cardio that give you the low bodyfat that allows your abs to be visible. Not the Ab doer dolly swing fling thing useless piece of crap blah blah blah! You get my point.

So, next time you see one of these infomercials, be happy. Feel good about yourself. Why? Because you know the truth. You know the big secret, you know that somewhere out there is someone who is ordering this stupid product right now... and your not! Be happy that you know what you really have to do to get the perfect abs you've always dreamed of.. and lucky you.. you even got to save your $19.95!

- If you want to measure your body fat %, use body fat calipers which you can buy right here: Body Fat Calipers

Questions, comments or feedback? Feel free to e-mail me at:
info@Intense-Workout.com

DJ Wez

Don Juan
Reaction score
KiLLer:

You say Tiggis is right. About what? He said:

"The only thing needed is very low BF.. period.. any other answer is bull****!"

Yet you contradict your stance in supporting him in your post by saying things like, "And how your abdominals LOOK is your gene" and "Skinny people do not all have abs."

The issue I was talking about is the LOOK of the abs in the first place. So for some reason, it seems like you're agreeing more with ME not HIM.

Also, you imply that I am saying that "ALL SKINNY PEOPLE HAVE VISIBLE ABDOMINALS."

No, actually my point is that I DO NOT think all skinny people have visible abs. So you got it backwards.

I think this is more of a misreading of what I wrote. Here, let me paste the other post I had on this thread earlier:

[in response to someone else]

"i think he means six-pack.

what he is saying is moderately true.

yes, it's usually feasible for most people to reduce body fat significantly. especially for ectomorphs. yea, one can get tons of muscle in his stomach.

but the genetics still determines how your abs will LOOK.

you're hearing this from first-hand experience. my roommate and i are both about 5%, but my abs look incredibly visible... looks almost like an 8pack.

he, on the other hand, does lots of workouts on his abs and it's all muscle. BUT IT JUST DOESN'T LOOK THE SAME.

so even if you're virtually all muscle, it won't guarantee you will have a six-pack. it only assures you that you will have a hard stomach.

have you ever seen some professional football players? some of their stomachs look like one big piece of muscle.

point is, your genetics determines how the muscle will end up looking on the outside. that's that."

KiLLer

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by DJ Wez
"The only thing needed is very low BF.. period.. any other answer is bull****!"
Yup, that's correct.

Yet you contradict your stance in supporting him in your post by saying things like, "And how your abdominals LOOK is your gene" and "Skinny people do not all have abs."
You kept saying "you may have low BF but it doesn't mean you will have ab". Well, guess what? We all have the muscle, quad muscle and so on. But you know what? I said how it LOOK, not if you have, will depend on your gene. :)

Maybe it's my mishap to say "skinny people do not all have abs", because I am actually meanting to say "EVERYONE has the abdominal muscle, but whether it's visible or not, is up to them (and that means if they work out and so on)".

The issue I was talking about is the LOOK of the abs in the first place. So for some reason, it seems like you're agreeing more with ME not HIM.
I'm not agreeing with you, from my perspective, you say this:
Him- just get low bodyfat and you will have visible abs
You- just get low bodyfat and you may NOT have visible abs, it's in the gene

No, actually my point is that I DO NOT think all skinny people have visible abs. So you got it backwards.
Then why did you say "Really. How about distance runners. I'm sure they have little BF. Where's their visible six-pack?"?
All (if there are fat distance runners, then show me a fat distance runner, not some comedy parody, I've seen it) distance runner are skinny.

but the genetics still determines how your abs will LOOK.
You never said that, you said "will never have a true six pack". What do you mean true six pack? You mean perfect sem and shape? Lol then you're asking for too much. From what you say, at least he has a visible ab.

he, on the other hand, does lots of workouts on his abs and it's all muscle. BUT IT JUST DOESN'T LOOK THE SAME.
Lol, you lost my point. Different perspective maybe?
Anyway, of course it won't look the same. My bicep peek may be high and short, while yours low and long. There is no such thing as perfect abs. Please, there isn't even such thing as perfect.

DJ Wez

Don Juan
Reaction score
Killer,

After reading both the posts by me and you, I realize we're probably just misreading each other's words. Lot of it was things like, "I didn't mean JUST abs... I meant, this and that..."

Oh, and yea, I mean visible abs like very very visible... mine are ridiculously defined.

Anyway, no point in debating that because it's getting nowhere.

In the end, I think we can both agree that genetics plays a role--at least a moderate role--in determining if someone has the potential of having a truly defined, ripped, lucidly visible 6/8-pack.

If you agree with that, then that was pretty much my point. The rest was basically babbling w/ the same point in mind.

Soshyopathe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Anyone can have a six pack. The only thing genetics determines is how low their BF must be to see them.