Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Doing abs doesn't work. What now???

_Machiavelli_

Don Juan
Reaction score
I wanna burn those love handles and belly but abs just make my abdominal area harder. i notice definition on the abs are but that belly ****s it up. I thinked about running sunday mornings, or playing football, dunno, do you guys think that termogenics like l-carnitine or fat burners are good to burn the fat around my abs area?

Thanks

peace out

Machiavelli

Templeton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sorry, posted to the wrong guy originally.

Diet first then supplements. As ive said before, you could do a lot worse than Diesel's plan. His protein recommendations are much more than you need for dieting and there is a time and place for lower intensity longer duration cardio but generally the info contained is pretty sound.

Dubs

Don Juan
Reaction score
it is in your genes whether or not you can have abs that will show. If your genes do allow it then the less body fat you will have. Doing ab excercises will make them hard but will not necesarily show unless u lose the body fat. Running or swimming is good cardio that can help but needs to be done on a regular basis. Pills and creams will help but wont do the job for u

-Dubs:mad:

Soshyopathe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
BS!

Having visible abs is about low body fat. Anyone can do it.

Crunches and ab work DOES NOT burn the fat around your gut. You must lose fat all around your body. It is done by monitoring your calorie intake.

Dubs

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Soshyopathe
BS!

yes im sure you've done the research. psh
have you ever seen someone whose stomach caves in. They can get as low body fat as they want and will never have a true six pack. It is genetic

-dubs:mad:

Soshyopathe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
WTF? Tell me there is a man out there who can get his BF down to 6-8% caliper-reading and not have a six pack. Don't talk to me about genetics, humans are humans.

KiLLer

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
WTF? Tell me there is a man out there who can get his BF down to 6-8% caliper-reading and not have a six pack. Don't talk to me about genetics, humans are humans.
Amen, pain is pain.

KiLLer

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Dubs
it is in your genes whether or not you can have abs that will show. If your genes do allow it then the less body fat you will have. Doing ab excercises will make them hard but will not necesarily show unless u lose the body fat. Running or swimming is good cardio that can help but needs to be done on a regular basis. Pills and creams will help but wont do the job for u

-Dubs:mad:
You've been misinformed.
Yes, genes are part of many factors that decide who and what you are. By what you say, that means hard gainers will never gain weight because genes is raising the metabolism level.
Doing abdominal excercises like you said, will make them hard, but will also decrease the body fat. You can NOT decrease body fat in one area, you will need to decrease body fat in all area.
As per se, don't get picky (I want to do this... that...) and work out your entire body.

Creams-
They will NOT work. That don't make sense "will work but won't do the job". That's like saying "drink coke, you will be refreshed, but you won't be refreshed".
If they work, everybody who have high fat percentage above their muscle will be rubbing this all over their fat abdominals. :) Tehehe... ("hunny, what are you doing in the bathroom?" "rubbing fat killing creams babe...")

Pills-
They increase energy, which works like caffeine.
Pills+Efforts=some results.

KiLLer

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
BS!

have you ever seen someone whose stomach caves in. They can get as low body fat as they want and will never have a true six pack. It is genetic

You didn't need to flame him, he's one of the most respected DJ and bodybuilder around here.

http://www.timbomb.net/ab/ab-top.html

Here's some proof.

KiLLer

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Running or swimming is good cardio that can help but needs to be done on a regular basis.
Just quoting, everything in weight-lifting needs to be done on daily basis. I encourage running and swimming. :D :)

The Great Juan

Don Juan
Reaction score
BS!

Genetics huh? So you're saying it's genetic whether someone has abdominal muscles? That's funny, because i thought everyone had them, and if you get to a very low body fat, you will be able to see them. Exactly the same as the tear drop muscle in your quads and the various heads of the triceps.

DJ Wez

Don Juan
Reaction score
i think he means six-pack.

what he is saying is moderately true.

yes, it's usually feasible for most people to reduce body fat significantly. especially for ectomorphs. yea, one can get tons of muscle in his stomach.

but the genetics still determines how your abs will LOOK.

you're hearing this from first-hand experience. my roommate and i are both about 5%, but my abs look incredibly visible... looks almost like an 8pack.

he, on the other hand, does lots of workouts on his abs and it's all muscle. BUT IT JUST DOESN'T LOOK THE SAME.

so even if you're virtually all muscle, it won't guarantee you will have a six-pack. it only assures you that you will have a hard stomach.

have you ever seen some professional football players? some of their stomachs look like one big piece of muscle.

point is, your genetics determines how the muscle will end up looking on the outside. that's that.

DannyOcean

Don Juan
Reaction score
Do a search on "HIIT" (high intensity interval training). It might be just what you need to get your BF down so your abs can be visible (which is all that a six pack is anyway).

Tiggis

Don Juan
Reaction score
ABS

EVeryone has a sixpack (actually and 8)

The only thing needed is very low BF.. period.. any other answer is bull****!

HIIT cardio and a Keto diet are a good start..

Tiggis

Don Juan
Reaction score
ABS

Tiggis

Don Juan
Reaction score
ABS

Reaction score
when you work the abs you aren't going to get a six pack(a visible one anyways) with just doing crunches and ****, cuz all that does is strengthen your abs, but doesn't exactly form them....to do this you body fat percentage has to be low. oh say 12% and below.....but don't avoid crunches either because without the crunches and abdominal exercise, the low body fat means nothing to getting abs..

DJ Wez

Don Juan
Reaction score
Tiggis, I wonder where you get that sort of notion.

I know tons of people who on the contrary, are very muscular everywhere. Hardly any bodyfat. Can you explain to me why my abs looks much more attractive than theirs?

Everyone has some muscle underneath it, but even if it they're all muscle, it won't guarantee you that it will APPEAR to look like a six pack!

For lots, if not most, if it's mostly muscle it will, but there are many, many exceptions.

Don't tell me literally EVERYONE you know who is low in bf has a six-pack.

"The only thing needed is very low BF.. period.. any other answer is bull****! "

Really. How about distance runners. I'm sure they have little BF. Where's their visible six-pack?

KiLLer

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by DJ Wez
Tiggis, I wonder where you get that sort of notion.
Tiggis is right.

I know tons of people who on the contrary, are very muscular everywhere. Hardly any bodyfat. Can you explain to me why my abs looks much more attractive than theirs?
I'll assume you're skinny. Skinny people can easily lose weight and look extremely cut thanks to their metabolism. And how your abdominals LOOK is your gene.

Everyone has some muscle underneath it, but even if it they're all muscle, it won't guarantee you that it will APPEAR to look like a six pack!
Misinformed, if everyone was motivated and inspired like you are, then everyone would be buffed up, but not everyone wants to work out or what so ever. There are some other people, you know. It will be guaranteed if you work out, unfortunately, most people will not even last a month with consistency. Most of them go to gym on January, leave on February. How nice and you ask "how come they're not cut?".

For lots, if not most, if it's mostly muscle it will, but there are many, many exceptions.

Don't tell me literally EVERYONE you know who is low in bf has a six-pack.

Nope, again you're misinformed. EVERYONE who has low bodyfat will have packs. Name someone with low bodyfat and does not have visible packs. Oh no... you can't because there is none. Don't worry, I'll say it ahead for you. Dumbass. :)
I'll name some of the most famous people that have low bodyfat and HAVE abdominals and I hope you can list your list of people with low bodyfat but w/ no visible abdominals:
Bruce Lee
Arnold Schwar (argh, hard name)
Jim Brown
Ken Bragg
Jean Claude Van Dam
Jet Li
Me :)))
Franco Columbu
Ronnie Coleman
Dave Draper
Nasser El Sonbaty
Mike Francois
Dave Hawk

Really. How about distance runners. I'm sure they have little BF. Where's their visible six-pack?
Another misinformed. Skinny people do not all have abs. Either because they're not even bodybuilders, or even close to touching weights, or genetic mutation or some other cause like misnutrient and so on.

And by your logic, that's saying "ALL SKINNY PEOPLE HAVE VISIBLE ABDOMINALS." Sometime it strikes my head and makes me wonder, wouldn't geeks and nerds show off a bit to their friends? (no offense if you thinks geeds/nerds are offensive)