Dogs

SgtSplacker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Is a dog something that should come between two people? My girl owns a dog and we live together. The dog has several sucky qualities, but I ignore it deal with it and don't complain about it. But my girl treats it like a person and insists we become best friends.

As far as i'm concerned the dog is living with us, indoors, cared for exceptionally well I even help out with walks. And with that i'm done with the dog requirements. But for her it's an acceptance thing. It takes away from her relationship with her dog that i'm just indifferent about it. I think it's completely ridiculous but i'm willing to hear second opinions that are not biased to my situation.

Amilz

Don Juan
Reaction score
It is strange she's insisting that you become friends with the dog. Some people have a strange attachment to animals. People who pretend animals are people, aren't really as empathetic as they think they are.

foreverAFC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
she sounds like a moron

Cloudtopsun2100

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Just be really good friends with the dog so you can laugh when it comes to you when you both call its name at the same time.

Mikey C

Don Juan
Reaction score
I bet you take it out for walks more.

If you do the dog likes you more.

Cloudtopsun2100

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
and to add, you can really say "yo b1tch likes me"

piranha45

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think its completely ridiculous too.

There's a power struggle at work, here. You're a man with enough common sense to be posting on sosuave; you're supposed to have all the power.

You can be forthright and confront her about it, and prepare yourself to drop her and look for other women if she doesn't abide by your position on the dog issue. You probably demand a well-disciplined dog whilst it's in proximity to you, and in order to have that you're going to need to be rough and subjugate it so its not licking and begging and whatever other spoiled nonsense it performs. She's not going to like that, but you're a man who has the ability to create more sexual options than just her.

So you're going to subjugate her too (by informing her of your willingness to terminate the relationship over this spoiled dog). If she doesn't submit, you'll walk away and let some other chump deal with her and the dog.

But you had better not acquiesce. If you submit to her on this, she'll bring up more issues in the future and expect acquiescence there, too.

Don't get tunnel vision on 1 woman.

SgtSplacker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
piranha45 said:
I think its completely ridiculous too.

There's a power struggle at work, here. You're a man with enough common sense to be posting on sosuave; you're supposed to have all the power.

You can be forthright and confront her about it, and prepare yourself to drop her and look for other women if she doesn't abide by your position on the dog issue. You probably demand a well-disciplined dog whilst it's in proximity to you, and in order to have that you're going to need to be rough and subjugate it so its not licking and begging and whatever other spoiled nonsense it performs. She's not going to like that, but you're a man who has the ability to create more sexual options than just her.

So you're going to subjugate her too (by informing her of your willingness to terminate the relationship over this spoiled dog). If she doesn't submit, you'll walk away and let some other chump deal with her and the dog.

But you had better not acquiesce. If you submit to her on this, she'll bring up more issues in the future and expect acquiescence there, too.

Don't get tunnel vision on 1 woman.
It's a tough call but I think you're right on this one. It's tough because I really do see her suffering because of this. And i'm almost to the point that i'm just going to start petting him just to make her happy, to me whatever it means nothing.. it takes a second of my time to make her happy so why not do it? Whats really preventing me from doing it is that she just doesn't let the pressure up on this one. Every 4 days she's biitching about it and this is something that has to come at my pace not hers. The biitching and moodyness always seems to happen around her period too. Hard to take that seriously sometimes.

I think that the few moments were with the dog and he comes to me for petting i'll give him a good petting just for her. This is like the only problem we have right now so I want to see if this makes her happy or if she moves on to other things to ***** about.

piranha45

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm seeing a "Well that seems like good advice BUT naw i won't actually do it. I'll acquiesce. I didn't realize I would have to go so far to resolve the issue, my sexual options are limited, I might have oneitis, maybe its MY fault for complaining". Red beta-male flags are popping up on you.

She knows you dislike doing it, and she's also recognizing that she has enough power to make you do things you don't like (subconsciously her male-quality sensors are reading this as I've spotted a weakness in him). She will keep this in mind for the future.

An hour or two of rough discipline and that dog would learn how to respect you, and if she can't tolerate your judgment and actions then you'll know she values the ****in dog more than she does you.

And you will continue to chafe under the stress of having to submit to this silly woman nonsense.

thatfeel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I do agree that there are some people out there that have an unnatural attachment towards animals...

I've been in a position with someone I dated who had 9 cats that were always on top of her when we were hanging out in bed together and just sh!tting all over the place, leaving nasty doo doo diarrhea in the laundry room all the time completely ignoring the litter box and meowing and she would always say "cats are required, boyfriends are optional". It was always so damn annoying that cats would jump off and back onto the bed 2 minutes later and get all up in her lap and all over her preventing me from making moves. When I tried to move the cats to go in for my kills she'd always literally yell at me and tell me to stop. Telling me her cats have more soul and love her more than I do. Fvck that sh!t.

I wouldn't date a woman again who owned pets, at most I MYSELF would own a dog that I held dearly to my soul. The difference in owning your own pet is that you get all of the say with how to treat it. So when it's time to get down and dirty you don't have some piece of sh!t woman yelling at you.

Willard

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Some girls treat their dogs like children, you don't have it so bad. One girl used to let them on the bed in the morning and another had a camera on them she used to check on them with her phone while we were out. She would dress them up in costumes and they would jump all over me while I was on the couch and when we were in bed. These were short lasting relationships, the dogs were part of the reason.