Does whey protein expire?

Disconnect

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I have this 5lbs tub of whey powder, and no expiry date on it. I had it for a while now, a few months. Does that stuff expire? So far, I didn't notice any side effects.

Chrisman

Banned
Reaction score
I imagine it expires, but I think it could be like up to 18-24 months. But who knows? I've seen 10kg bags of them sold, and that would take a long old time to get through.

Porky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
even if it expires could it possibly taste any worse?

Heyjose25points

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Does Whey protein have some side effects like raising blood pressure? I heard this theory before, but I wasn't sure.

Create Reality

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it's good for a few years (try 3) after you buy it. Mine doesn't expire until August '07 :rolleyes: . But beware of buying name brand bargain bins of protein powder, they are probably within a year of the expiration date (just like batteries at them dollar stores).

I don't think you will die eating expired whey protein! That would be so ironic.

Chrisman

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by Heyjose25points
Does Whey protein have some side effects like raising blood pressure? I heard this theory before, but I wasn't sure.
lol. I'd like to see where people come up with these conspiracies. It's just the protein that is extracted from milk that causes fast protein synthesis. Nothing else.

vanwilder

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
by side effects you mean explosive muscle gain and sexiness, yes it does then. and those are only the negative ones :cheer: