Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

does what we eat define who we are?

J-Man

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
a while back i had a writing class by this crazy woman. it was supposed to be about the evolution of american thought, but it turned out to be about food. yeah, she was a little bit weird... never thought people could write such a big book describing foods (such as pudding) with paragraph after paragraph...

anyway, one of the main ideas of the class was that what/how we eat defines who we are. at first, i thought this was rediculous, but as time goes on im beginning to wonder. maybe she was onto something?

do you rush your meals in-between studying/work? do you eat delivery alone in your room? do you have feasts in a tuxedo with the mayor? do you eat with lots of friends? with your gf?

how about what you eat? fruit and salads? fast food? protein shakes? microwave dinners? junk food?

or drink? coffee, water, juice, alcohol, chocolate milk, XTREME-sugar-loaded-super-energy boosters?

perhaps what and how we eat says more about us than we may think.
discuss.

Soprano

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
im not reading all that

but i think "you are what u eat" to an extent. if u eat greasy slobby ****, u'll be a greasy slob....etc.

Joe The Homophobe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sure, if you eat burgers almost every day you might be an average Joe, while if you eat Sushi or Italian you might be a little more "sophisticated" and high up in the social status. I guess those are stereotypes given to people by what they eat.

Personally one lesson I have learned is the importance of having a family dinner. Sitting down at the table with the whole family, saying grace, eating together and spending time together. This tradition that is a ritual of family harmony and unity is dying. Nowonder society as a whole is going down the toilet. I personally will institute this if I ever have a family of my own. Whether we just had pizza delivered, or are eating a dinner made at home by the wife, my family will eat together at the table. No getting a plate and taking it to your room, no music or tv at dinner time. A nice quiet family dinner is a good thing :)