Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Does the brand of whey protein matter much?

Scrumtulescence

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I want to bulk up and would like to supplement my diet with whey because it's hard eating 150-200 grams of protein a day, but that shyt's expensive. Does the brand really matter much, so long as it's whey, or what?

simon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Whey is only expensive if you buy the branded stuff. My whey works out at ~ £7 per kilogram. Try buying unflavoured in bulk from:

trueprotein.com (USA/Canada)
wheyconsortium.co.uk (UK)
myprotein.co.uk (UK)

Other guys could probably recommend bulk suppliers for other countries.

You can either buy flavourings with it, or use your own flavourings, (I use cocoa powder). Whey concentrate is whey concentrate, but comes in different protein concentrations. 80% is the most cost effective. Don't bother with isolate unless you're lactose intolerant.

Oh and 150-200g from whole food a day isn't that hard.

(+) Mindset

Don Juan
Reaction score
From what I've been reading I've been brainwashed to believe that only only one kind of whey is good, for example.

So I too am a little confused as to what to get and have basically the same problem as Scrumtulescence.

Analytic

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I use ON whey, they won the best protien suppliment on bb.com. You can't really go wrong with this one. They taste great and cheap.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I use ON too, good stuff. :up:

Kerpal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yep, Optimum Nutrition is great and not too expensive. I really like the chocolate mint flavor. I tried the rocky road also and didn't like it at all. Make sure you buy a small container first to see if you like the taste, that way you don't waste as much money.

Analytic

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yea the chocolate mint goes down easy. Don't get the cookie and cream, they are just too sweet for my taste.

Kerpal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The vanilla flavor is OK too. Not as good as the chocolate mint, but pretty good. Again, I have to stress, DONT GET ROCKY ROAD. It tastes like ****.

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Can't remember what brand I bought, but it was a big tub for $20. The way I see it, it's a supplement, not a full meal, so taste shouldn't be that big of a deal. I got vanilla flavour and it fvcking tastes like coffee mate. I'll be trying a different flavour next round. But the way I look at it, whey powder doesn't taste as bad as some of the women I've been with :D

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Desdinova said:
But the way I look at it, whey powder doesn't taste as bad as some of the women I've been with :D

I'd keep that on the down low.

(+) Mindset

Don Juan
Reaction score
I didn't want to spend too much money on something I haven't tried before, so I got the TwinLab 100% Whey Protein Fuel (50g protein per two servings).

Does anyone have experiance with this/is it decent?

Info

sinner

Don Juan
Reaction score
I use Optimum Nutrition Whey... Chocolate flavor. I don't really care that much about the taste

iLoveCookies

Don Juan
Reaction score
I really like Optimum Nutrition Whey Chocolate. It tastes like chocolate milk, hands down, there are alot of good flavours that are cheap such as the protein made by CytoSport (Not MuscleMilk, but The Whey Protein). There are several different types of protein whether its egg protein or whey protein and whether its isolate or concentrate.

As far as general protein consumption goes, I wouldnt suggest relying on Protien Powders for sources of protein. The only time most people should or would drink protein shakes is a) a post-workout shake b) if you are running late and dont have time to make eggs or something (this is not a good time either) eat some cottage cheese.