Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Does sweating and exercise detox the body?

mbc0029

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I exercise pretty regularly. Conditioning isn't an issue for me.

But I also notice the more intense or longer I work out, and the more I sweat, especially with running/endurance/HIIT training, it always feels like my body cleansed itself. I've done no research on this, but I feel the effects, and it feels good to have a gas tank. It definitely helps mentally. You think better and have more energy in doing other things. It amplifies your life.

The question I have is in the title: Does sweating and exercise detox the body?

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ive read that despite what people think it doesn’t truly detox the body. Its purpose is for cooling the body and the liver handles most detoxification

mbc0029

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ive read that despite what people think it doesn’t truly detox the body. Its purpose is for cooling the body and the liver handles most detoxification
I suppose it's just a mental thing.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Not really. The liver detoxes the body.

Exercise helps the liver perform optimally, and helps prevent fatty liver and visceral fat from surrounding the organs, so I suppose you could say it does but not directly.

mbc0029

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Not really. The liver detoxes the body.

Exercise helps the liver perform optimally, and helps prevent fatty liver and visceral fat from surrounding the organs, so I suppose you could say it does but not directly.
Indirect detox makes sense.

Either way, I figured if there wasn't causation, there was at least some correlation.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Indirect detox makes sense.

Either way, I figured if there wasn't causation, there was at least some correlation.
Some of the toxins likely DO get expelled via the skin tho that are processed by the liver, so again, indirectly but things kind of work in concert with each other.

mbc0029

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Some of the toxins likely DO get expelled via the skin tho that are processed by the liver, so again, indirectly but things kind of work in concert with each other.
Either way, the lesson from all this is to keep doing what I'm doing. If it works, just keep doing it.

But the mechanics and variables behind it are interesting.

I don't feel it as much when I'm in the gym b/c they keep it at a certain temperature. But when I work out at home or outside, I can feel it way more. I sweat way more, and I get that detox feeling way more.

RazorRambo24

Banned
Reaction score

Money & Muscle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The primary purpose of sweat is cooling the body.

That being said, it's very apparent that sweating will also expel some toxins from the body. I found this out after going 6+ months with no fried food, then having fried chicken once. The smell of my sweat changed dramatically.

Most 'detoxes' are nonsense though. Your body is great at what it does; we're not cars and we don't need oil changes.

All_Kindz_Of_Gainz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 5'6, when I was a fatso, I went down from 160 to 125 lbs, I was doing intermittent fasting. I was doing mostly 24hrs fast, one time I did 48 hrs fast, bro when I tell you this, I'm not joking, I vividly remember one time I was sitting on the couch and my sweat was smelling of smoke, and I was like wtf, then I remembered I used to smoke A LOT during college years, 3-4 years prior.

I honestly don't know if me getting skinnier, the smoke particles that was in the fat as it was being consumed it was being released in sweat, idk if it was my imagination, but it was a crazy experience.

Attachments

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you're sensitive to it, you can smell differences in diet from people's perspiration. Sure, the primary function of the sweat glands is to cool the body, but it's absolutely not the only function. Yes, the fluids that leave your body - urine and sweat and tears and saliva, as well as feces - contain chemicals the body is trying to get rid of.

If you want to detoxify better, drink more water to replenish the fluids you lost and to keep your kidneys and liver functioning well. Watch your urine, it should be transparent and light yellow. If it's darker yellow and if it smells strongly, you're not hydrating enough and you need to drink more water. And avoid energy drinks, all poison. Take a a bottle of water and tablet of dextrose and you'll feel much better than drinking energy drinks.

mbc0029

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 5'6, when I was a fatso, I went down from 160 to 125 lbs, I was doing intermittent fasting. I was doing mostly 24hrs fast, one time I did 48 hrs fast, bro when I tell you this, I'm not joking, I vividly remember one time I was sitting on the couch and my sweat was smelling of smoke, and I was like wtf, then I remembered I used to smoke A LOT during college years, 3-4 years prior.

I honestly don't know if me getting skinnier, the smoke particles that was in the fat as it was being consumed it was being released in sweat, idk if it was my imagination, but it was a crazy experience.
That's crazy as hell. It seems our body has a mind of it's own. It automatically knows what to do.

The closest I ever felt to this (if you can call it that) was doing a 16 hour fast from night to afternoon the next day, and just eating some pop tarts the night before. And after i got through running the next morning, it's almost as if the pop tarts never entered my body. I regularly ate dinner the night before, and was freaking out a little over the pop tarts. I thought it was going to ruin my gas tank. Not even close. I didn't smell anything, but it really dawned on me when I ate the pop tarts b/c that's ****ty food. Outside of hurting my stomach a little, I didn't notice anything.

jaygreenb

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

ElleSmith

Banned
Reaction score
The idea that sweating and exercise can help "detox" the body is a common belief, but it's important to clarify what exactly is happening when you sweat and exercise in relation to detoxification.

1. Sweating:
    • Sweating is a natural bodily function that helps regulate body temperature. It primarily consists of water and small amounts of electrolytes (like sodium and potassium). Sweating does not have a significant role in detoxifying the body from harmful substances.
  2. Exercise:
    • Exercise has numerous health benefits, including improving cardiovascular health, building muscle, and boosting metabolism. While exercise does not directly "detox" the body, it indirectly supports overall health, which can aid in the body's natural detoxification processes.
The body has its own mechanisms for detoxification, primarily carried out by the liver and kidneys. These organs help filter and eliminate waste products, toxins, and metabolic byproducts from the body. Detoxification is a continuous and natural process that occurs without the need for special diets, supplements, or excessive sweating.

However, exercise can indirectly support the body's detoxification processes in several ways:

• Enhanced Circulation: Exercise improves blood circulation, which can help the body transport waste products and toxins to the organs responsible for elimination more efficiently.
  • Improved Lymphatic System: Physical activity helps stimulate the lymphatic system, which plays a role in immune function and the removal of waste products from tissues.
  • Sweating Toxins: Although sweating primarily consists of water and electrolytes, it can help eliminate some small amounts of certain toxins through the skin. However, this is a minor part of the body's overall detoxification process.
  • Weight Management: Regular exercise can support weight management, which may indirectly reduce the body's toxic load. Fat cells can store some toxins, and as people lose weight through exercise and diet, these stored toxins can be released.
It's important to note that extreme or excessive exercise, especially in combination with inadequate hydration, can lead to dehydration and electrolyte imbalances, which can be harmful rather than beneficial.

AureliusMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I exercise pretty regularly. Conditioning isn't an issue for me.

But I also notice the more intense or longer I work out, and the more I sweat, especially with running/endurance/HIIT training, it always feels like my body cleansed itself. I've done no research on this, but I feel the effects, and it feels good to have a gas tank. It definitely helps mentally. You think better and have more energy in doing other things. It amplifies your life.

The question I have is in the title: Does sweating and exercise detox the body?
Fasting apparently do some detox of the body and as it is not processing food during fasting periods it will give the body rest to repair itself, (The entrails etc.).

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Our fat holds many toxins, because it's like a storage container, for example THC is fat-soluble, meaning it can sit and be stored in your fat, many people believe that after 30 days you will pee clean after smoking up, this is a myth, in fact you could fail a drug test a year after smoking up if you burn THC enriched fat and happen to test, you can fail.

A rule of thumb, if your burning fat you are likely detoxing your body since the fat traps some bad stuff sometimes.

Last edited:

Baibars

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It does. When I didn’t sweat heavily for a long period of time, my daily sweat stinks. When I sweat regularly because I workout my sweat doesn’t stink.

saige

Don Juan
Reaction score
But I also notice the more intense or longer I work out, and the more I sweat, especially with running/endurance/HIIT training, it always feels like my body cleansed itself
Same! I’ve always noticed this phenomena, I feel so “clean” in a sense and feel like I’ve detoxed stuff from my body after a good workout. I think it’s just natural, but it’s cool to see the scientific explanations for that feeling in this thread

Xman

Banned
Reaction score

Maybe it is Phantosmia, I had it one winter, smelling cigarettes everywhere even though I do not smoke.