Does she have a right?

Remulak

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
So a friend of my girlfriend and I happens to be a girl and me and the girl happen to be very good friends. We talk on the phone a few times a week etc. The other night the girl asked me to go drinking with her at a local bar but really thought nothing of it because there's no romantic interest we're just friends and we all have been for a while now by the way I've been with my gf for 6 months. I told my girlfriend about it and she was pissed she didn't want me and the girl going out alone and she's starting to get very jealous about it. So my question is ...is she justified in being pissed about this or should I go anyway.

realsmoothie

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No, she's not justified in being jealous.

If she can't trust you to hang out with some other girl who's just a friend... well...

But I wouldn't just go hang with your other friend unless you're prepared to face the consequences. Girls aren't logical, so you may THINK she shouldn't be jealous, but if that's the way she feels you can't just turn it off.

MisterNigma

Don Juan
Reaction score
1. Why did you tell her about it?

2. There is a good way and a bad way to tell people things.

The Bad: I was out drinking with you best girl friend last night.

The Good: I was out drinking with a couple guys last night, your friend was there too . . .

The fact that she is pissed means that she actually cares, about what . . . that's harder to say.

She definately has the right to be pissed, just try to stay away from the subject, and PLEASE don't forget the little white lie once in a while . . .

If your relantionship is at all serious, this will blow over very quickly.

Remulak

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
MisterNigma said:
1. Why did you tell her about it?

2. There is a good way and a bad way to tell people things.

The Bad: I was out drinking with you best girl friend last night.

The Good: I was out drinking with a couple guys last night, your friend was there too . . .

The fact that she is pissed means that she actually cares, about what . . . that's harder to say.

She definately has the right to be pissed, just try to stay away from the subject, and PLEASE don't forget the little white lie once in a while . . .

If your relantionship is at all serious, this will blow over very quickly.
I told her because I didn't think she would get pissed about it, this other girl happens to be both of our good friend so I didn't think she would get jealous about it. We all used to go out together and hang out.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Remulak said:
I told her because I didn't think she would get pissed about it, this other girl happens to be both of our good friend so I didn't think she would get jealous about it. We all used to go out together and hang out.
If you all used to go out together it should of made you question why she asked only you to go out with her. Then you tell your GF about it. What was she supposed to think? Why shouldn't she get pissed if someone who was supposed to be friends with the two of you only invited you and not her?