Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Does having a 70-1 ratio of yearly income to engagement ring price make a man cheap?

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was reading this, and it got me interested:

https://www.yahoo.com/style/woman-u...ement-ring-gets-slammed-online-162440586.html
One newly engaged woman took to a forum site on Monday to complain that her husband-to-be didn’t spent enough money on her ring. “His salary is nearing a 6 figure sum and he’s usually very generous,” she explained. “Having seen the receipt I know he paid £1,300 ($1,671) for it — which is a lot less than I would have imagined he would have spent on such a significant piece of jewelry.
My opinion: I think I might have a business venture by producing for clients a fake receipt showing a much bigger outlay for an engagement ring. Obviously the fact that this guy might have gotten a great deal means nothing, as the only metric that seems to be of any importance is how much financial pain the man has gone through. It could be the same exact ring, but if the man had spent 10X as much, the woman would have been happy. It's good thing women have the golden vajaya since they make no sense. :down:

exhausted

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fucj these ungrateful cvnts.

The cvnt will be fat and cellulite in a few years what do u think her husband will feel about having to look at that the rest of his life.

I hope he called off the engagement i truly do.

Fucj these hores.

My ex would always shame me about having money and not spending it on a ring for her by saying "jist buy whatever YOU want, you aren't spending the money on anything else "

Oh ya well cvnt, you dont do ****, dont cook dont clean dont show appreciation dont show gratitude so u dont get chit.

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In what world do women behave like this?

Surely by the time you decide to think about marrying, you sit down and talk finances and your rings will come into that talk...

If a woman was trying to sting 2K+ for an engagement ring......she's a digger bro. You could be spending that on holidays or stuff for the house. Sensible women aren't thinking like that.

exhausted

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In what world do women behave like this?

Surely by the time you decide to think about marrying, you sit down and talk finances and your rings will come into that talk...

If a woman was trying to sting 2K+ for an engagement ring......she's a digger bro. You could be spending that on holidays or stuff for the house. Sensible women aren't thinking like that.
They dont care about anything but themselves.

Anything less than 4 grand in America is embarrassing for a woman.

Most feel 6g is adequate.

I can buy a used boat for that

dude99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was reading this, and it got me interested:

https://www.yahoo.com/style/woman-u...ement-ring-gets-slammed-online-162440586.html

My opinion: I think I might have a business venture by producing for clients a fake receipt showing a much bigger outlay for an engagement ring. Obviously the fact that this guy might have gotten a great deal means nothing, as the only metric that seems to be of any importance is how much financial pain the man has gone through. It could be the same exact ring, but if the man had spent 10X as much, the woman would have been happy. It's good thing women have the golden vajaya since they make no sense. :down:
This is the same type of woman who is looking a "what is she gonna get," when they divorce.
Dude needs to kick her to the curb. I hate to say it but i honestly believe it is an agenda now for women to use men as lottery tickets. All they need to do is to convince the guy to marry them, wait, then file for divorce. Society and the laws take care of the rest.

exhausted

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is the same type of woman who is looking a "what is she gonna get," when they divorce.
Dude needs to kick her to the curb. I hate to say it but i honestly believe it is an agenda now for women to use men as lottery tickets. All they need to do is to convince the guy to marry them, wait, then file for divorce. Society and the laws take care of the rest.
Use use use.
My ex told me to "go get her" talking about me going to get her daughter off the playground becauae she asked her once lets go and the kid said no, so my ex, the mother of this kid that is not mine immediately bossed me to do it in a snarky voice. I responded, u go get here she's your kid and she said , "if u arent gonna help me then why do i have u around"???

I said first u made a **** attempt then put it on me to deal woth the stress of arguing w your kid, second if u would habe asked me nicely i would have gone and got her.

Ya fuchin *******! Girls suck.

And what a ****ttty thing to tell me im only here to be used by u.

bmp2cpm

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
A women's value is everything. Women constantly tell white lies to maintain their value. Women shame others to knock down the perceived value of others and to boost their own perceived value. Women use the ring to judge each other. Supermarket gossip magazines at the checkout are a great reflection of this too.

This obsession with their value is in their DNA, this is biology and evolution at work here. It simply doesn't go away because a man wishes it away. Everything, including this is for the survival of the species. It's been going on since long before all of us existed and will continue long after we have left this existence.

A wedding ring is a huge deal. It's the super bowl of of a woman's value. If you want a woman faithful and loyal to you forever, it's an essential piece of the pie. All that being said, the quantity of quality women out there who deserve a good wedding ring are few and far between. But if you can find a good woman and want to be with her forever, best not to be cheap with the ring.

I'm a newlywed on my second marriage. My wife is fairly frugal. She doesn't ask for much financially. She accepts and follows the financial budget that i set. She always pays attention to how much we have in each budget category. She supports me when I want to try career moves that are a little risky, but could bring some nice quality of life benefits as well.

She never asked for an expensive ring. She never set an amount for the ring. There were zero expectations from her. I got her an engagement ring that was a little over $11k. No regrets. She stopped getting phone numbers from male passengers on her flights. She gets compliments from female passengers all the time. Other married women sort of apologize/explain to her why they have a smaller ring than her. The ring does exactly what it is supposed to be, demonstrate my level of commitment to her and reflect her value in this world. Of course, I could afford the ring at my age, having been in the work force for over 20 years and not having any children. But when I was younger I couldn't afford that kind of ring.

Bottom line, a good ring makes your wife happy. It's one piece to the puzzle in a successful marriage. Unfortunately, in today's world, there are too few woman that make good wives. But if you find a really good woman and want the married life, don't skimp on the ring.

Glassguy

Reaction score
I spent $9K on an engagement ring 2 yrs ago. 1.10 carats, cut, clarity and color were all very good. Beautiful setting.

She had bugged me literally for 12 months and CONSTANTLY hinted about a ring. We ring shopped here and there.....you know the drill.

Bought it, proposed, accepted, set the date and started planning. 3 months before the wedding she was "confused" and "unsure". We had been engaged for a total of 4 months and broke it off.

So I took the ring back, smiled and walked out of her house and drove back to mine. Today the ring is back at the jewelers and I would be tickled to get half my money back at this point.

Moral of the story- Dont be stupid about what you are buying. I agree that a nice ring is important, but its a validation statement to many women and it won't change a damn thing of what she is or isnt capable of doing down the road. The ring size, color, cut and clarity wont change a damn thing to her being faithful/not faithful or changing her mind later on. Remember that when you go ring shopping.

She had the nerve to send me a text on our "engagement anniversary" last October:
"Regardless of what our status is, today will always be our anniversary and the day you gave me the ring of my dreams". At the time she was seeing someone.

I replied: "If you like it that much, its back at the private jewelers and I will make a good deal on it at this point". lol.

I wonder if she will text me again this October so I can be an @ss to her again?

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If the women is that upset about the engagement ring she is getting married for the wrong reason to begin with.

dustmuffin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I for one will not be buying a giant engagement ring. For one I'm not getting married. If I do the nice ring will be a reward after many years in a faithful marraige.

BoySam

Banned
Reaction score
In my opinion, engagement ring is a must, but it should not necessarily be very expensive. I proposed my gf with a ring I bought at a pawn shop for cheap here. I personally believe there is no need to pay the last penny. An engagement is always something to celebrate. When that celebration comes with the dread of going into debt, though, it can put a major damper on anyone’s happy news.

hockeyfreak79

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

I was lucky enough to sell my ex wife ring but only got about 50-55% of what I paid for it.