Does being skinny really matter?

The-Sultan

Don Juan
Reaction score
I allways hear people saying skinny guys cant get girls but yet i keep hearing "Girls fall in love with there ears" Do skinny guys really have no chance?

Levex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My friend is 19, 6'1 and about 130 pounds, which is somewhere borderline anorexic. He's got smokin' girls running after him like a fat girl after a twinkie. Sure some extra muscles(not fat) wouldn't hurt, but it wont make or break your game.

Cloud-uk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's all a matter of self image. For the best part. If you're happy with how you look you're set for success.

But girls are naturally more attracted to bigger, hench blokes. Let me put it this way, 70% of your game is down to personality, how you talka nd carry yourself, etc. The other 30% is at the whim of how you look, the clothes you wear, and so forth (i.e. the stuff guys always look at first but don't mater jack **** because the other 70% of their persona is crap.)

SchuhSohle

Don Juan
Reaction score
Have you read the thread by Gunwitch?
http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=46286

There is a part about what girls you can easily get, which you can get from time to time ... if you show a certain amount of effort.
Let's say you are 6 in looks and show 7 effort ... you'll get 6.5s once in a while and 3s frequently.
If you show a 10 in effort ... you'll get hotter babes also.

Any Gunwitch experts? Correct me if I`m wrong, please!

For me, being skinny means that you are maybe a 7 if a not-so-skinny you would be an 8.

Now from experience:

I am really skinny. Weight: about 132lbs and 6'1".
I was very avoidand ... frowned all the time ...
still girls would sit close to me and try to get a conversation going.
One actually started a conversation.

1 in effort (only because there is no 0) ... I guess 7 in looks ... the girls who seemed interested were maybe 6s.

So no ... these days I think being skinny is not much of a problem.
Too bad ... I wasn't aware of that back then.

NYC Dude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm about 135 and 6' tall, and what I've found to be key for my game is the ****y+funny. You don't need the big muscles to get girls, but they do help. An example: I have a shirt that says "Got your tickets?... To the gun show" with arrows pointing to my biceps. My biceps are by no means "big guns," and girls know that, but they find it fun to feel up on my arms and they find it amusing. Case in point: Body type does matter, but it is not the deciding factor that people make it out to be.

The-Sultan

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by NYC Dude
I'm about 135 and 6' tall, and what I've found to be key for my game is the ****y+funny. You don't need the big muscles to get girls, but they do help. An example: I have a shirt that says "Got your tickets?... To the gun show" with arrows pointing to my biceps. My biceps are by no means "big guns," and girls know that, but they find it fun to feel up on my arms and they find it amusing. Case in point: Body type does matter, but it is not the deciding factor that people make it out to be.
ok thanks, that helped alot :)

skinnydart

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey, I don't think being skinny is that bad. I would much rather be skinny than overweight.

Being skinny as far as I'm been cultureized to believe is something something that other guy buddies pick on you for, but I even make jokes about it a lot of times.

Being to fat however is something I would truly be embarressed about.

Don't let it slow you down. Just use it as something to laugh at yourself / joke about, that way the girls will know it's not one of your insecurities and it won't come up again.

BTW I'm 17, 6', 125 lbs. :(

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I find that it definately matters if you wish to go for better looking girls. You can be skinny and get good results (hell, i was 140 and 5"8) or so and getting pretty girls, however, when girls just meet you, they will judge your appearance first before anything else. So, for example, if you are in a club, and happen to be an ugly guy with a GREAT personality, you are pretty much sh1t out of luck.

I tell you what man, weight lifting isnt even all about girls for me. It is much more than that. It is dedication and patience i've learned to develop when working out. It is the planning i go through to get my results. It is a constant struggle with your limits, seeing if you can break your goal and do that one more rep! No wonder working out builds up your confidence, you feel like you have just conqured your limits, and it is a great feeling i tell ya.

a lot of bigger guys out there will constanty try to ****block you in a situation where you are with a hot girl. It helps if you got the attitude, but let's be real. If the guy is serious about it, and you are 120lbs, versus 200lbs, there aint much you can do ;)

So yes man, i find that weight lifting does help you with yourself and the girls. The feeling of taking your shirt of and being actually proud of what you look like is simply great. :)

Cloud-uk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
^^^^^ Word. I'm going to give bulking up another shot, though I have to admit all the times I've tried so far I've failed. I ate till I felt sick but all the wrong things- too much carb, too little protien.

And I have to say there is a difference between being skinny and being weak. I'm 135 pounds at 5' 8, but I'm a bit of a fitness freak. There's 135 pounds of fat and bones, and 135 pounds of sexy biatch, if you catch my drift.

I'm waiting on a business opportunity, but pending that I want to get the "Gaining Mass!" Skinny guy programme, I've only heard good things about it.

So the next question is evidently:

"If you're skinny do you want to do something about it?"

Bling

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Oxide
I find that it definately matters if you wish to go for better looking girls. You can be skinny and get good results (hell, i was 140 and 5"8) or so and getting pretty girls, however, when girls just meet you, they will judge your appearance first before anything else. So, for example, if you are in a club, and happen to be an ugly guy with a GREAT personality, you are pretty much sh1t out of luck.

I tell you what man, weight lifting isnt even all about girls for me. It is much more than that. It is dedication and patience i've learned to develop when working out. It is the planning i go through to get my results. It is a constant struggle with your limits, seeing if you can break your goal and do that one more rep! No wonder working out builds up your confidence, you feel like you have just conqured your limits, and it is a great feeling i tell ya.

a lot of bigger guys out there will constanty try to ****block you in a situation where you are with a hot girl. It helps if you got the attitude, but let's be real. If the guy is serious about it, and you are 120lbs, versus 200lbs, there aint much you can do ;)

So yes man, i find that weight lifting does help you with yourself and the girls. The feeling of taking your shirt of and being actually proud of what you look like is simply great. :)
If 5'8 140 is skinny, than I'm ****ed. I'm only 105, and I'm 5'8.

Bling

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I see people talk protein, but everything I see doesn't have it. The only protein comes from meats and protein bars from what I know. What else has it?

Bling

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Anyway, when I look at myself in the mirror, I think I look good. I'm thin, but I have muscle on my chest and shoulder, and my abs can be a 6 pack when I hunch and contract. Don't worry about skinny that much from personal experience.

TheWanderer

Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow you f*ckers are skinny. I'm 5'10 and 170 lbs.....only 12% body fat too.

Oh and about the protein......eggs, milk, beans, chicken, fish, breads and pasta have a bit depends on the kind, yogurt....basically any product that has milk/comes from an animal.

Disconnect

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Im 5'11, 185lbs, 15% bf.

Protein shakes - 85% absorption rate, i think. Try those.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by The-Sultan
I allways hear people saying skinny guys cant get girls but yet i keep hearing "Girls fall in love with there ears" Do skinny guys really have no chance?
I was involved with a very thin guy who was 6'6". He was hung like a freaking horse.

check_mate_kid_uk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by TheWanderer
Wow you f*ckers are skinny. I'm 5'10 and 170 lbs.....only 12% body fat too.

Oh and about the protein......eggs, milk, beans, chicken, fish, breads and pasta have a bit depends on the kind, yogurt....basically any product that has milk/comes from an animal.
179cm which is somthing like 5'10 i think. I weigh 164lbs and according to an online test that takes your height Abdomen circumfrance and neck circumfrance http://www.he.net/~zone/prothd2.html im 13% body fat although i do not know how correct it is.

Maybe some one who has had it calculated properly with calipers or better yet 1 of the even more reliable ways could take this test and see how it compares!