Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Does anyone have any part time business ideas for a 62 year old man? (See my post below)

davidsonj73

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have degrees in business administration and business economics, am certified in six sigma and TESOL, and am fluent in Spanish. I am the OP.

Last edited:

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Boomer dunking tank for state fairs

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Become a state certified Spanish translator, it requires you to actually speak Spanish and write it accurately, so street Spanish won’t work. Here in CA it pays quite well.

NoBiscuits

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Why not retire by working at a convenient store instead of taking up another job that struggling millennials and zoomers are begging for? You're 62. The time for six sigma is over. Let someone else have a chance already.

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why not retire by working at a convenient store instead of taking up another job that struggling millennials and zoomers are begging for? You're 62. The time for six sigma is over. Let someone else have a chance already.
It's a different time now, retirement isn't an option for many due to inflation, I know it's frustrating but it just is what it is, a lot of these jobs are gonna be worked by people until the day they die

All_Kindz_Of_Gainz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's a different time now, retirement isn't an option for many due to inflation, I know it's frustrating but it just is what it is, a lot of these jobs are gonna be worked by people until the day they die
Bro if he didn't save for his retirement wisely and spent it all, its his problem, not the inflation's problem.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You mean by "having a chance", working 50+ hours a week? Fun. Maybe the solution is to shorten the standard work week so there are more jobs to go around, especially with AI being pushed on us everywhere.

BoomToTheMoonAlice

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Teach English in China then teach Spanish on the side
You can now teach Spanish in China for just as much. China is taking over Mexico [Queretaro]. You're better off going to Monterrey, I think the cut off age in China is 55. Thailand though has no such cut off and I'm pretty sure all you need is a TESOL. Why not get the IELTS and travel around doing that. Easy job, just interview uni kids and give them a grade. Easy money. I see lots of adds for NAM.

Cambodia is always an option too, loads of Universities and Colleges you can work in teaching Biz English. If you don't already have the Market Leader textbook set, grab those. You could work in Mexico's Tec De Monterrey or UNIVA pretty easily with those degrees. Good gig, most of your students won't even show up to class... half the teachers don't either.

Otherwise get a CDL... Pretty much everyone capable of operating 18-wheels is over the age of 80 at this point.

If you need a good job to carry you out, you can get a teaching license in Florida or DC through Moreland. Doesn't take long, one of my friends did it and it allows you to work in INT schools abroad, he was the headmaster in a place in China for a bit. Failing that Montessori or IB work for part time jobs and IB teachers are in demand pretty much everywhere. I know for a fact Italy is scrambling for people at the moment for IB schools. You can get a PGCE really quick too, the UK is dying for someone to take care of all the sh1tbags flooding the country. If you've got an old school attitude, a strap and a heavy hand, you have a job. Plus your co-workers will all be a bunch of limp wr1sted faghets so you'll never run out of meat shields for the kids to take their anger out on.

Last edited:

BoomToTheMoonAlice

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You mean by "having a chance", working 50+ hours a week? Fun. Maybe the solution is to shorten the standard work week so there are more jobs to go around, especially with AI being pushed on us everywhere.
AI is not going to give us jobs, it's going to kill us, if the aliens don't get it done first. You might be able to get a part-time gig working for John Conner in the future.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have degrees in business administration and business economics, am certified in six sigma and TESOL, and am fluent in Spanish. I am the OP.
Watch that documentary about setting up your own business. It's called Breaking Bad or something.

DarwinTaurus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I asked ChatGPT, using your prompt and question, this is the response:

Certainly, with your background and skills, there are many part-time business opportunities that you can explore. Here are some business ideas for a 62-year-old man with your qualifications and experience:

1. Business Consulting: Leverage your degrees in business administration and economics, as well as your Six Sigma certification, to offer consulting services to small businesses. You can help them improve their processes, reduce costs, and increase efficiency.
  2. Language Tutoring: Given your fluency in Spanish and TESOL certification, you can offer Spanish language tutoring services. You can teach individuals or small groups, both in person and online.
  3. Online Courses: Create and sell online courses related to business administration, economics, or language learning. Platforms like Udemy or Teachable can help you reach a global audience.
  4. E-commerce: Start an e-commerce business selling products related to your interests and expertise. This can be a niche market where your knowledge can be a significant advantage.
  5. Freelance Writing or Editing: Use your writing skills to offer freelance writing or editing services. Many businesses and individuals are in need of quality content and editing.
  6. Resume Writing and Career Coaching: With your business background, you can help individuals with resume writing and career coaching. Many people need assistance in this area, especially if they are looking for a job or career change.
  7. Financial Planning: With your background in business and economics, you can become a part-time financial planner. Help individuals or small business owners with their financial goals and investments.
  8. Translation Services: Utilize your Spanish language skills to offer translation services. Many businesses need documents, websites, and marketing materials translated.
  9. Event Planning: If you enjoy organizing events, consider starting an event planning business. You can specialize in small to medium-sized events such as weddings, corporate meetings, or parties.
  10. Real Estate: If you have some capital to invest, consider real estate investments. You can buy and rent out properties, or explore real estate crowdfunding platforms.
  11. Etsy or Handmade Crafts: If you have a creative side, you can start a small business selling handmade crafts or products on platforms like Etsy.
  12. Blogging or Vlogging: Share your knowledge and experiences through a blog or YouTube channel. You can monetize these platforms through advertising, affiliate marketing, or selling digital products.
Remember to conduct thorough market research and create a business plan before starting any part-time business. Also, consider your personal interests and passions when choosing a business idea, as this will make the work more enjoyable and fulfilling. Additionally, consult with a financial advisor to ensure you're making sound financial decisions for your part-time business venture.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Retirement is an albatross for many...they spend their whole life saving for retirement and then most ended up dying with over 90% of it unused.

In general people save more than they need because they think they will.lkve far longer than they actually will.

I'd rather take all those vacations and trips you want to do now rather than wait for some unknown future time that might never come when you either won't be alive or won't be in good enough condition to even go on them.

IMO, save less, live life more is a much better plan for the vast majority of people.

I mean when do you think you'll enjoy travelling to Europe more and going on tons of excursions and doing things, when you are mobile and active in your 40s or 50s or when you need assistance walking in your 70s?

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
AI is not going to give us jobs, it's going to kill us, if the aliens don't get it done first. You might be able to get a part-time gig working for John Conner in the future.
Who do you think is behind AI?

jaygreenb

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Retirement is an albatross for many...they spend their whole life saving for retirement and then most ended up dying with over 90% of it unused.

In general people save more than they need because they think they will.lkve far longer than they actually will.

I'd rather take all those vacations and trips you want to do now rather than wait for some unknown future time that might never come when you either won't be alive or won't be in good enough condition to even go on them.

IMO, save less, live life more is a much better plan for the vast majority of people.

I mean when do you think you'll enjoy travelling to Europe more and going on tons of excursions and doing things, when you are mobile and active in your 40s or 50s or when you need assistance walking in your 70s?
Over 50% of Americans are not on track to retire and financial lives are a mess. For the small percentage that over plan/earn/save this is probably true. Majority should probably clean up their finances before adding more expenses though

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Over 50% of Americans are not on track to retire and financial lives are a mess. For the small percentage that over plan/earn/save this is probably true. Majority should probably clean up their finances before adding more expenses though

I plan on moving to a place where my SSI will allow me to live like a king and anything in retirement will go 20x as far as in the US.

BoomToTheMoonAlice

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Who do you think is behind AI?

Skynet, now called Cishet. 2029 War of the Woketards.

In this timeline, they create the machines. Each one slightly gayer than the last. No one knew until Judgement Day. My people call this event: The Triggering. I was sent back from the future to warn you losers. Why do you think they keep sending terminators back to 1984? It was the last year that straight men are born.

Last edited: