Does anyone else have sh1tty birthdays?

theunflushables

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Its been my birthday for about 20 minutes now (eastern time) and its already going to ****. The 30 days warning I was supposed to get before my landlords house forecloses is not going to happen. As they are not legally landlords (meaning they are not paying taxes off of the rent money they receive) and I am not legally a tenant (as we didn't sign a lease) there is not going to be the mandatory 30 day notice a landlord has to give. Anytime now a sherriff could be pulling up and putting a lock on the door. I've spent all tonight and will spend all tomorrow getting my stuff into storage.

Last year my dog died on my birthday.

The year before that the girl that I was in a LTR with at the time went to ****ty as concert (Boyz II Men and En Vouge) and ended up fooling around with her friend while her friend's boyfriend fvcked her friend.

So, my question does anyone else have a string of sh1tty birthdays? How do you deal with dreading the next one?

SmoothTalker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, I can definitely relate.

I usually hate what people get me because I have nothing to ask for - anything I want, I go and get, I don't wait for my birthday.

More significantly though, for some reason my last two birthdays have sucked royally because there was always some major unnecessary drama with the people celebrating it.

This year I'll probably just take it easy and relax at home for my birthday.

j0n024

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I 2 have had some pretty sh1tt birthdays but I dont let that bother me in the least.

Last couple of birthdays I havent asked for anything and quite frankly I never was into the whole get togethor type deal so what I am starting to do now is just relax at home and BBQ.

NOW THAT is a really good time waster/ relaxation....now I am not saying I'm the best but sitting down relaxing while you are learning how to BBQ is a really really good feeling....

i am me

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
man thats so weird cus i feel the same way. im not usually one to be pessimistic but it seems like every year, something goes wrong on my birthday

theunflushables

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
And a few of you mentioned getting items. It's never material, just some sort of tragedy that visits right around my birthday. But after I posted the original post I was thinking about it. Maybe I should not consider these events in the negative. Maybe I should look at it like I am a Phoenix that burns out every year to rise from the ashes stronger than before.

TheBucketOfTruth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I usually have crappy ones. My birthday is right in the middle of Summer, so when I was young I never got the big celebration with everybody in school and then the party afterschool like everybody else. Then I got older and everyone was usually traveling or something at the time. I just turned 21 and invited like 5 or more people to hang out at this bar I was at with some friends already, and none of them showed up. The problem now is that all my best friends I met in college, so when I'm back home for the summer all my good friends are other places.

Moral of the story, don't have kids in the summer. :p

Demystify

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
On my 21st birthday some friends tried to hook me up with this really fat girl that liked me (and I wasn't even drunk yet when they tried to do this), I didn't think my life could get any worse.

Jitterbug

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've never truly had a happy birthday, starting with a close encounter with death at birth, but they have all been very memorable and I like them all for the experiences & memories.

The best thing you can do is just treat yourself and think of your accomplishments this past year, and think of what you want to accomplish within this next year of your life.
Same here. Good advice.

But after I posted the original post I was thinking about it. Maybe I should not consider these events in the negative. Maybe I should look at it like I am a Phoenix that burns out every year to rise from the ashes stronger than before.
That's the way, mate.

ready123

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I got a Feb b-day so it always rains and kills my plans. But I always try to do something anyway. The thing about b-days is you never know if you're gonna get another one

Happy Birthday man

theunflushables

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ready, be glad that its only rain that kills your plans. Here in the midwest we're normally buried in snow in February and its about 10 degrees then.

theunflushables

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So, my birthday hasn't turned out too bad. One of the girls I have interest in took me out for Fish n' Chips and pints of Guinness (my favorite meal ever) She also got me two vintage shot glasses and put them in a box that she glued on vintage pictures on. I am trying to figure out if there is more to those pictures though. 3/5 have images of couples doing some sort of activity (Man teaching a woman to drive a Vespa etc.) One I don't get at all which is woman with a full face veil on (think of Mushmouth from Fat Albert, but as a veil) acting surprised. Then there is the one that makes me think "hmm...why would she choose this one?" It's a drawing of a woman with gun and the caption says "Damned if you do, dead if you don't!" Does anyone else think the subconcious may effect decisions or am I just being a little drunk and dumb?

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't bother celebrating my own birthdays and I will tell you why:

Birthday's are for kids and women. When you were a kid everyone made a big deal about it and you felt as if you were the centre of attention. Since you became so accustomed to this attention at an early age, this is what birthdays have become to symobolize.

That is why women go all out and become bat crazy on their birthday's because its the one day of the year where they can become attention wh0re's without putting any effort on their part.

You know what is worth celebrating? accomplishments. Whether its a new job, new house, new car, you fvcked a new woman, or anything else that you are proud of that you have accomplished then its worth to celebrate.

Sticking around on this planet for another year is not a big deal, unless you are a really old man or you are/were close to death.

theunflushables

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Meh...I'm borderline narcissistic (I was actually told this by a psychologist while being tested for ADD, they run a bunch of different tests), so for me they're fan-freakin-tastic (unless sh1t things are going on). I think everyone should enjoy their birthday, I mean we celebrate Jesus' birthday, why not our own?

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
theunflushables said:
. I think everyone should enjoy their birthday, I mean we celebrate Jesus' birthday, why not our own?
There is nothing wrong with celebrating one's birthday. It is wrong however and misguided when you rely/expect on those around you make you happy on your birthday.

theunflushables

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That is a good point. One should never rely on another to make you happy, not just on birthdays. I never said I relied or expected people to make my birthday great. I was just noting a pattern of sh1t outside of my control that seems to happen on my birthday to make it crap.

Akuma

Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't ever recall having a good birthday. My LTR left for another guy on my last birthday (well, a week before). And my previous birthdays were just as bad.

silverwolfalpha

Don Juan
Reaction score
San Jose California said:
Fvuck birthdays.

There's nothing good about being older. Why celebrate it?
i disagree. when you are a man and you are below 18, you are basically still a kid(and a loser). think how much difference you were when you were 16/11? i love growing up, learning stuff, meeting girls and growing into a man who can be be independent and don't have to take orders from my parents.
oh yea,